Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-17-2015, 12:05 AM   #891
yipkusing
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I'm growing and growing on this piece.

DSC_2384 by Cam, on Flickr
yipkusing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 11:45 AM   #892
omarfallaha
Fantastic Four

I've got my reg for sale, mint with art box and shipper. 1900 shipped in usa steal price, trying to let him go quick.
omarfallaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 01:13 AM   #893
SuperDinoHunter
Hellboy

Got this masterpiece of a statue in and it does not disappoint at all!!! Just an amazing piece!!! When you walk into the room it immediately commands your attention and will definitely be the centerpiece of any collection.

The level of detail is just insane and the pieces are so intricate and refined. this statue was cleverly designed and executed. The craftsmanship is top notch and the paint is superb.

This statue is definitely on the higher end with respect to price but now that I have it in hand I can see why. As mentioned by Kira, it was a learning curve for Prime 1 and I can't imagine the amount of research and development and logistics that went into this to get it as close as possible to the prototype and ensuring that the final piece the collectors would receive would be spot on on without compromising on the quality and the build. Not to mention the handful of switch out accessories this piece has! Hopefully future statues don't hit the price point this did but again I could see why and to be honest this statue was worth every hard earned penny in my opinion.

There are so many parts that I was so afraid to put them together in fear that something might break. Given how delicate this statue is I'm am absolutely floored that it arrived in perfect unbroken condition. I guess that can be attributed to the level and care in the overall packaging. It was well packaged and carefully protected with extra foam inside the brown shipper and also inside the actual robot pieces. Any fragile pieces or gaps were well insulated.

This version of optimus is my favourite and he fits in nicely with my other movie gems!!!! I did not want to miss out on this one so I'm glad I picked this up. I have bumble bee coming and they will look epic together!!! Thank you Prime 1 for making this piece and thank SSC for making it available to us North Americans!

can't wait to see what Prime 1 has in store for us!!! I'm personally hoping for the 1990 TMNT original movie statues and maybe Prime you can acquire the Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice Licence cause that would just be epic!!!!

I cannot say enough positive things about this statue. Check out my Optimus pics below and enjoy:

The exclusive is still in stock???
SuperDinoHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 11:27 AM   #894
dfchang
The Riddler

I believe exclusive is still in stock at Sideshow.

Yeah, there is no way anyone who actually owns this statue and put it together can say it isn't worth the price. There are details in the individual parts that are actually impossible to photograph but this really is an amazing piece. The Optimus from Age of Extinction looks nice but it is nowhere as detailed, complex, or have the moving parts.

Having said all this, I do think it's ridiculous that people in Canada will be pushing 4k on something like this because of customs, shipping, exchange rate, etc. That is approaching lifesize territory and unfortunately I don't think this piece is worth 4 grand . . . at least not today. LoL.
dfchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 12:26 PM   #895
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfchang View Post
I believe exclusive is still in stock at Sideshow.

Yeah, there is no way anyone who actually owns this statue and put it together can say it isn't worth the price. There are details in the individual parts that are actually impossible to photograph but this really is an amazing piece. The Optimus from Age of Extinction looks nice but it is nowhere as detailed, complex, or have the moving parts.

Having said all this, I do think it's ridiculous that people in Canada will be pushing 4k on something like this because of customs, shipping, exchange rate, etc. That is approaching lifesize territory and unfortunately I don't think this piece is worth 4 grand . . . at least not today. LoL.
See now you're coming around. Hey if the US dollar keeps on its slow and inevitable decline....I may be able to pick this up for less than 2k Canadian with the exchange rate one day lol

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 04:01 PM   #896
ambasah
Red Skull

We were worth 10 cents MORE than the US dollar a few years ago. sigh...
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 07:26 PM   #897
Toaster
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

It really is a lovely piece. I'm stoked I ponied up the dough
Toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 10:44 PM   #898
mtho
Frackin!

Hi,

I finally opened mine. I have a 'raised' rough spot on the silver surface of the right gas tank at the back. Does your statue have this spot as well?
See red arrow in picture.
Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Optimus.gif
Views:	35
Size:	226.3 KB
ID:	90344  
mtho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 10:57 PM   #899
actionjackson83
Midnighter

Looks nice but that belly piece lacks the intricate detail and looks plasticky.
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 12:14 AM   #900
dfchang
The Riddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtho View Post
Hi,

I finally opened mine. I have a 'raised' rough spot on the silver surface of the right gas tank at the back. Does your statue have this spot as well?
See red arrow in picture.
Thanks.
The gas tanks are nice and shiny but they are not perfect. Nor are they supposed to be. Mine had slight aging and imperfections. Not identical to yours but I wouldn't classify what you pointed out as damage or defect.
dfchang is offline   Reply With Quote