Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-18-2018, 11:40 PM   #2471
manboy
Sinister Six

LOL, ppl will seriously fight about anything on the internet. Personally I really want to love this statue but I think it's missing a little wow factor. I want it to be a slam dunk like the Thanos
manboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 11:46 PM   #2472
Castor Troy
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

I pre order wolverine but not sure about magneto....of course they will look awesome together ....anyway it's like having two rent with all my payment plan from sideshow
Castor Troy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 12:14 AM   #2473
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I honestly do not see a $750 statue.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 01:05 AM   #2474
Doctor Doom
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Doctor Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 01:07 AM   #2475
d rod
Xtreme Sports Master
Administrator

If anyone links personal affiliate accounts, you will be banned.
d rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 08:28 AM   #2476
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
It's $2018. It's a $750 statue. This time next year, that's an $899 statue. That's just the way it is. These rises in price are not exclusive to Sideshow.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 09:06 AM   #2477
Spidey976

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Im guilty of what? I’m not derailing anything. I actually pre ordered this piece and Wolverine. The fact that you are so insecure about XM is embarrassing in itself. You must be a kid because you are acting juvenile. You aren’t worth my time
Ummm... No. I am sorry, but because you are relatively new here you have NO idea how bad it use to be around here. Honestly, it wasn't just awful, it was "Holy Flying Flippin HELL" awful. Now there was blame to be had on both sides of the Sideshow vs XM argument. I myself totally got into to way to many stupid arguments. However, there was a 2-3 year long stretch where you could barely go into an SSC thread where you wouldn't find an XM vs SSC fight going on, and they were often started by an XM fan coming in and saying a snarky remark about an SSC product for what seemed like just the hell of it. Did the same thing happen in the XM section? Yep. However, from what I could see this section was way worse, but that could be because I spent more time here then in the XM section. In the end there is a lot of bad blood because you just couldn't enjoy being in an SSC thread and talking about the pieces you were looking forward to or even enjoying because someone would just come in and have to say just how much better XM was. I think it is getting better, but I honestly hardly post here anymore because of it. There is a fatigue that has set in for the debate, and simply put, with the constant fight where people have to always compare the two companies. Is the comparison natural? Yes, but after 4 years SSC fans just want to be able to enjoy this section with out so much "us vs them" nonsense. Should XM be celebrated? Hell yes. However, there is a section for that even. Honestly, Wolverinefan you are at the tail end, or at least I hope it is the tail end, of a very very very long fight here.
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 09:09 AM   #2478
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

I wish more people had self control and could just stop supporting sideshow. They're completely taking advantage of their customers. The only reason they're charging these prices is because they can. We've been shown over and over again that the qc isn't getting better.

If xm didn't pop up when they did, we wouldn't be paying nearly these prices. Which is kind of strange when you think about it. You would think with more competition they would want to stand out as a more reasonably priced option, but instead they keep creeping closer and closer to xm prices without any noticeable improvement in what they're producing.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 09:23 AM   #2479
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Something is very wrong with that left arm. The elbow looks like it’s broken and the arm is bending sideways.

And imho, these prices are absolutely ludicrous.
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 09:26 AM   #2480
Spidey976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
I wish more people had self control and could just stop supporting sideshow. They're completely taking advantage of their customers. The only reason they're charging these prices is because they can. We've been shown over and over again that the qc isn't getting better.

If xm didn't pop up when they did, we wouldn't be paying nearly these prices. Which is kind of strange when you think about it. You would think with more competition they would want to stand out as a more reasonably priced option, but instead they keep creeping closer and closer to xm prices without any noticeable improvement in what they're producing.
I gotta disagree here. There have been loads of pieces come out with very little in the QC front, and while yeah it still happens SSC usually helps people out.

As for the more competition brings lower more reasonable prices that won't track either. Not in this hobby. There are only so many reasonably priced factories in China, and they only have so many hours in the day to produce these pieces. XM products are being made on the same floor as SSC products, or at least they were, and I can only assume that they same is happening with Prime 1. With so much competition for their floor space and time that means that the factories get to put a premium on their services, and the companies have to pay more. Also, and this may sound crazy, but XM pushed SSC out their comfort zone and forced them to do more detailed and dynamic pieces. Thanos, the new Spiderman PF, the Heat Seeker DeadPool are all massive leaps in one way or another beyond what SSC was doing when I first started to collect, but that level of production costs money. Hell putting the metal rod all the way through to Spidey's waist, the level of detail in Thanos's Throne and suit alone, and hell DeadPool is just insane, but that all costs money. Combine all of that with the cost of rising production and I think a lot of SSCs price increases make sense.

Now, with that entire rant behind me, do I agree with the price on Magneto. Hmmmm... probably not. However, I don't know what the production costs on this one are going to be like or how much it cost to get him into a production cycle. Do I think they are looking to cash in? Yeah probably, but like we all know the big products like this help get the Rocket Racoons made.
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote