Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 06-21-2016, 02:28 PM   #21
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
This is looking highly promising. Love the texture on Snake Eyes from what I can see. Also...is it just me...or does anyone else think Prime 1 is going to have some very impressive things down at SDCC this year?

I have a feeling, their Venom will look pretty special and I can't wait to see any and all of their 1/4 stuff. 1/3 stuff is too dull for my tastes...even though it is impressive looking.

Also, highly interested to see their G1 Josh Nizzi line of TFs. Combined with what suprises SS might show down there...I am expecting this to be one of the most impressive SS booths in recent SDCC years! I'm anxious and excited to see what's down there this year!
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 05:05 PM   #22
SONICobra
Batman

I have a feeling sdcc this year is going to be nuts
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 06:43 PM   #23
supermgiles
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdocke View Post
I agree with this. Keep some B characters in between with a lower ES and save Storm Shadow for later for example. I kind of wish they didn't even start with Snake Eyes and saved him for the second statue.
I think they are doing the right thing with Snake Eyes coming out first.Guys Prime 1 is going to kill this line and do it the way it was suppose to come out. SS blew it,even with the out cry from collectors SS just flushed it down the toilet.

Prime 1 is going to do it right but Snake is the right choice first because look at all there stuff...transformers it was optimus prime,killed it. and it opened up room to do the smaller characters...meaning selling the prime so well made the smaller characters happen.

Same with the Arkham line...The first Batman they did had to hit it out of the ball park and they did. I can tell you its a work of art for their first piece in that line.

Bottom line is this business is about making money first and then being able to do the other cool characters that don't get much love.

Also, Prime 1 seems to listen to collectors. They asked collectors about three months ago what three characters would you guys want first in the GI Joe line...it was overwhelmingly Snake eyes and Storm Shadow as the top.

So I think Storm Shadow will come out soon as well.Then I'd guess either Zartan,Destro or Serpentor was the next on most lists.
supermgiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 03:12 AM   #24
craigcliff1
The Masters of Evil

Serpentor on Air Chairot, Storm Shadow
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 04:27 AM   #25
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

I'd love to see Prime 1 do a Cobra B.A.T.

image hosting over 2mb
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 10:29 AM   #26
murdocke
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermgiles View Post
I think they are doing the right thing with Snake Eyes coming out first.Guys Prime 1 is going to kill this line and do it the way it was suppose to come out. SS blew it,even with the out cry from collectors SS just flushed it down the toilet.

Prime 1 is going to do it right but Snake is the right choice first because look at all there stuff...transformers it was optimus prime,killed it. and it opened up room to do the smaller characters...meaning selling the prime so well made the smaller characters happen.

Same with the Arkham line...The first Batman they did had to hit it out of the ball park and they did. I can tell you its a work of art for their first piece in that line.

Bottom line is this business is about making money first and then being able to do the other cool characters that don't get much love.

Also, Prime 1 seems to listen to collectors. They asked collectors about three months ago what three characters would you guys want first in the GI Joe line...it was overwhelmingly Snake eyes and Storm Shadow as the top.

So I think Storm Shadow will come out soon as well.Then I'd guess either Zartan,Destro or Serpentor was the next on most lists.
Yes, good points. Looks like Storm Shadow is next as you predicted.

You're right, with the Transformers they pretty much started with the main/most popular characters and worked their way down. I would have never thought they would be releasing so many different Transformers in the beginning.

But I did think it was interesting that they chose Arkham Knight early on in the Arkham Line and they've chose to hold off on Joker for example for whatever reason.

It does seam so far that Prime 1 has been killing it with whatever line they decide to do so I guess GI Joe shouldn't be any different.
murdocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 01:40 PM   #27
Wah
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post

image hosting over 2mb
that was actually one of my most favorite figures as a child. to have that as a statue would be a trip.
Wah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 02:42 PM   #28
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by testsubject25 View Post
I demand a Zartan "Cold Slither" variant!!!
Had to look that up. Hilarious!
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 02:46 PM   #29
supermgiles
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

But I did think it was interesting that they chose Arkham Knight early on in the Arkham Line and they've chose to hold off on Joker for example for whatever reason.

Yeah it does seem weird to hold off on the Joker but they also know they have him in there hip pocket when the line slows down a bit. For some reason I'm thinking the joker will come out next year. Perhaps they did not want that joker competing with the Ledger Joker cause most would pass cause its so much bigger and more expensive.

But I think we will see the joker after a few more different batman statues. Miller,Lee have not come out yet so I'd expect it sometime on those releases.

Joe Line looking awesome so far. can't wait for snake eyes and storm shadow!
supermgiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 10:26 PM   #30
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post

image hosting over 2mb
Heavy! That piece would be dynamite.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote