Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Customs Corner

Old 05-01-2017, 06:13 PM   #1
IID
Frackin!

Custom Superman & Batman dio from Bowens by IID Designs

This project has been a long time in the works.
It is my custom diorama based on the Superman/Batman run by Jeph Loeb and Michael Turner. In this tale Darkseid abducts a young Kryptonian by the name of Kara Zor-El and corrupts her. Changing her into one of his Furies. This is my representation of the Fury's first appearance.

The statues used are

Batman: Faux Bronze Daredevil, Miracleman's hands, and Blackcat base. Custom made resin cast cape. Cape and cowl are one removable piece. Left had is also removable for possible additions later. Both are attached via key peg and magnet.

Superman: Thunderbird, a modified Samaritan head & Retro Wasp base. The cape is custom sculpted and cast in resin.

Darkseid: Heavily modified Terrax statue with custom sculpted hands. Custom made cold-cast marble base fits with the Fury's.

Fury: Dagger mini-bust & Jean Grey base with custom sculpted legs. Her cape is custom made with Magic-Sculpt and is held in place by magnets at her hips.

I only have one picture to share right now...Photobucket is giving me fits... but there are many more at my website IIDdesigns.com. This is actually two photos spliced together, but they are pretty close to being true to scale. In time I plan on making a dedicated post for each individual piece.

Thanks for looking!

IID is offline   Reply With Quote