Phoenix

I doubt this is an art film
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 12:38 PM   #72
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
It looks like an art film. I wonder if it will come to theathers like the art films or like blockbusters... Art film hours are really weird and rear so hard to go because of the work hours and eveything...
I get that vibe also. From what has been shown so far, it doesn't feel like an Avengers epic scale production - i don't mind that, as i get the impression Joker will impress in other ways. I can't wait to see it
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 12:52 PM   #73
off
The X-Men

Kind of harkens back to the old late 80s, early 90s action flicks, Robocop, Steven Seagal era films, etc.
off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 12:59 PM   #74
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Just watched the trailer. Absolutely nothing about the trailer makes me want to see this movie. If you found it intriguing more power to you but I have no intention of seeing this one.
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 05:12 PM   #75
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

It's interesting reading Facebook comments on this. It seems there's a lot of people that can't accept any comic related movie that doesn't fit into the blockbuster mould that has become the norm over the past 10 years. Personally, I got sick of that norm 10 years ago and mainly watch super hero movies to stay in touch with pop culture. I love it when writers have taken a different approach as this is not the first time. It doesn't always pay off but at least makes for a different experience. Watching it, I don't think I will feel like I've seen the same movie twenty other times.
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 09:11 PM   #76
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnShinNoi View Post
It's interesting reading Facebook comments on this. It seems there's a lot of people that can't accept any comic related movie that doesn't fit into the blockbuster mould that has become the norm over the past 10 years. Personally, I got sick of that norm 10 years ago and mainly watch super hero movies to stay in touch with pop culture. I love it when writers have taken a different approach as this is not the first time. It doesn't always pay off but at least makes for a different experience. Watching it, I don't think I will feel like I've seen the same movie twenty other times.
My brother, you have spoken my own truth. Thank you.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 09:44 PM   #77
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnShinNoi View Post
I agree, then you also have the hardcore comic book fan who thinks the movies should stay 100% true to the comic books they read...

IMO Logan was the best X-Men movie made so far.. It actually had some depth to it and didn't feel cheesy... I think this Joker movie will be the same thing..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 01:29 AM   #78
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

I’m interested, but I just don’t see Joker without Batman who was so instrumental in his origin. Of course, that didn’t impede Nolan’s Joker film, second Batman film, even though it was part of his Batman myth is. That said, I get this doesn’t follow the comics and looking forward to seeing if it’s entertaining on its own.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 02:43 PM   #79
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

New trailer is out. Meh.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 02:56 PM   #80
Mister H
Gen 13

I think if we go in with low expectations, then we will be pleasantly surprised.

maybe.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote