Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 02-09-2021, 10:18 AM   #1
Chelseaboy
Fantastic Four

ironstudios.com shafted me.

I bought a Beast statue through their site last month and it arrived broken.

I did everything they asked,including supplying photo's of the broken statue,but after fobbing me off for more than two weeks,they never sent me a replacement statue or gave me a refund,...despite it saying on their site they will.

They have since ignored my requests, by email and on the site messaging itself ,for information on what is going on.

This was the 5th statue i've bought direct from them,so not a good way to treat a pretty regular customer.

Suffice to say i won't be ordering from them again.

Deal with them at your peril.
Chelseaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 10:49 AM   #2
qz33
Rescue

These companies can have very slow customer service that can take much longer than 2 weeks.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 10:52 AM   #3
pdenham
Teen Titans

I would have saved over $100 ordering Hawkman directly from them.

So I did. Then a few days later I canceled that order and reordered it, for more money, through Sideshow because I started to read of past customer experiences dealing with IS directly.

Turned out that was the best decision I could have made because there were issues when it eventually arrived, and contacting IS was frustrating and useless.

I didn't need to contact them, but I did because I was hoping there was a way to fix the issues with it so that I could keep it.
I spelled everything out in the email, sent photos illustrating the problems- and then after several weeks got back a reply that showed they didn't grasp one thing I was trying to tell them. They were asking me things that were either stupidly rudimentary, or else were about aspects I already covered in the first email- and had pictures to illustrate.

I didn't even bother following up.

For all the issues with SS, their customer service was excellent.

But yeah, your experience is far from unique.

Their creations are usually phenomenal. I'd just make sure to order them from a retailer that is easy to communicate with, and has a good rep for customer service.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 10:58 AM   #4
Chelseaboy
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
These companies can have very slow customer service that can take much longer than 2 weeks.
I will of course update the forum members if there are any positive developments.I won't be holding my breath though.

My first email to them was on 18th January...and they requested photo's on the 19th January,which i sent to them on the same day.Then the fobbing-off and delaying tactics by them started...now silence.
Old 02-09-2021, 11:02 AM   #5
qz33
Rescue

Well in that case yeah.

This forum really should have a dedicated customer service section instead of a bunch of scattered individual posts.

It's far too easy to sell statues now directly avoiding the safety of normal retail channels we as consumers have grown to expect as customary.

People with little business acumen or ethics starting a "company" off the backs of buyers too ignorant and desperate to recognize the risks.
Old 02-09-2021, 11:21 AM   #6
Mister H
Gen 13

I went round and round with them over a 1/10 Deathstroke statue a couple years ago. Stay persistent.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 11:33 AM   #7
Chelseaboy
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
I went round and round with them over a 1/10 Deathstroke statue a couple years ago. Stay persistent.
My latest email to them,asking if the replacement had been sent to me and if so could i have the tracking number,was on 3rd February.

I sent a message through their site messaging on the same day,to make sure my request wasn't missed.

There has been no reply at all.
Old 02-09-2021, 11:37 AM   #8
qz33
Rescue

Mister H is right though squeaky wheel gets the grease.
If any wheels get greased that is.
Old 02-09-2021, 12:24 PM   #9
craigcliff1
Zot

email them on FB. I did that with GG
craigcliff1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 12:26 PM   #10
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Their Customer Service is not great to say the least. Believe it or not though, it's ALOT better than it used to be a year or 2 ago, before they had a major US presence and a location in CA, waiting 2-3 weeks before hearing back from an email would be the NORMAL which was crazy. Nowadays, they usually respond pretty quick, but it's still not always satisfactory.

I have placed numerous orders for 1/10 pieces with them over the years. They don't charge tax so it's a win for me vs. Sideshow. But yea CS is terrible. I ordered Cull Obsidian on Jan 15th. Ordered Rogue on Jan 25th. Neither had shipped by the 29th so I emailed them. They responded quickly and basically said items weren't in yet, but were expecting them "soon", even though both said "in stock" when I placed the order. Since they were separate orders I paid separate shipping charges on, I told them to ship Cull Obsidian and they said he was in stock and they said they would. Well, that was Jan 29th. On February 5th, still nothing to I emailed them again. YESTERDAY I received a shipping notification finally for both, since it appears even though I said ship Cull first since he was there, they decided to wait till both were in stock anyways. So of course after I receive the shipping email, a few hours later I finally receive an email from CS saying "your items shipped this morning". No Sh$T. Thanks for nothing.

So yea, CS is crap, not sure why they are that way. We are spending hundreds of dollars on a single purchase, not $15 on a funko pop. They should treat customers better.

I have not had a broken statue received yet that I need to contact them about, and I'm hoping I never do.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote