Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-18-2020, 06:54 PM   #2721
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalguard View Post
This statue i feel is underrated. I have this one along with the new 52 p1 piece, and this one is ahead by a pretty good margin in my opinion.
This piece truly looks very well done.... until you see the prototype images.

If I had never seen those, I would’ve classified the production piece a total slam dunk.

Imo Sideshow should just get the factory to help in painting their prototypes like some other companies are known to do. If they had, there would’ve been zero complaints and this would’ve been celebrated by everyone as a great piece to have.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 12:02 PM   #2722
SONICobra
Batman

might be in the market for a WW statue, how do you guys feel this stacks up to the original or vice versa? im kind of divided

the sculpt on this new pf is outstanding, the base is really cool, factory paint seems to be relatively good. i really like the skirt add on, i think WW looks kind of silly without it (maybe im crazy?)

i also really like the sculpt on the original and prefer the pose, i think she looks like a bad ass and that shes looking straight on. paint is hit or miss, i actually returned mine years ago for a paint defect. without the skirt its all short shorts and if i remember correctly the seam is just painted on not sculpted so even stranger looking

new pf
- skirt
- base

old pf
- pose
- price

draw
- sculpt
- factory paint

thoughts? anyone have side by side in hand pics?
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 12:06 PM   #2723
Mister H
Gen 13

IMO, I think the recent one is more feminine because of the pose and it has more of a realistic feel to it. The other one has more of a comic tough-girl feel to it. If I was in the market for a WW statue, I would probably go with the second one but I would be happy with either.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 12:15 PM   #2724
stone eagle
Justice League

I personally like the new model since it gave me a choice to display with or without skirt. I did grow up with some comics was not an avid collector (and still aren't). I have more memories of the Linda Carter Wonder Woman so no skirt version is fine and brings back memories. The skirted version makes me think of Gale Gadot new version which is OK to me as well. The skirt helps keep the piece in my house with the wife and my daughter as an added bonus.
stone eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 12:19 PM   #2725
Rycher
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
might be in the market for a WW statue, how do you guys feel this stacks up to the original or vice versa? im kind of divided

the sculpt on this new pf is outstanding, the base is really cool, factory paint seems to be relatively good. i really like the skirt add on, i think WW looks kind of silly without it (maybe im crazy?)

i also really like the sculpt on the original and prefer the pose, i think she looks like a bad ass and that shes looking straight on. paint is hit or miss, i actually returned mine years ago for a paint defect. without the skirt its all short shorts and if i remember correctly the seam is just painted on not sculpted so even stranger looking

new pf
- skirt
- base

old pf
- pose
- price

draw
- sculpt
- factory paint

thoughts? anyone have side by side in hand pics?
I had the original. I might be in the minority here, but I think they nailed the portrait and pose. The base is feather-light and the first run had those dreadful metal pegs instead of magnets; thankfully the recent batches have magnets, I'm told.

I think you're right that the paint application was hit or miss with the original. I had a few issues myself. But, as you mentioned, the price difference is not insignificant.

I don't have it anymore, but if I was in the market again for a WW, I'd pick up the old one again. Just my opinion, for what it's worth.
Rycher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 12:21 PM   #2726
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rycher View Post
I don't have it anymore, but if I was in the market again for a WW, I'd pick up the old one again. Just my opinion, for what it's worth.
currently im leaning towards the og, its really that skirt thats the hang up lol - i think the shorts are fine but the skirt just makes more sense and looks cool
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 12:24 PM   #2727
Rycher
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
currently im leaning towards the og, its really that skirt thats the hang up lol - i think the shorts are fine but the skirt just makes more sense and looks cool
I hear you. Although, let's be honest, even the skirt probably won't make much of a difference in battle.
Rycher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 12:30 PM   #2728
nearmint
Phoenix

I owned the og, but happily replaced it with the new one, which I love.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 12:38 PM   #2729
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

This statue looks good, but didn't alot of people have issues with the angle of the neck bent to the left? I remember people saying it looked very unnatural. Besides that, which now that I see it I fell like I can't overlook it, I think this is great!
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 12:48 PM   #2730
chronos1919
Nightwing

The newest one by a mile.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote