Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 02-22-2020, 10:08 PM   #421
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Yeah, I just sent a cancel request to TH for Robin, Batgirl, Shazam and Green Lantern... I've kind of lost interest in this line... Hopefully, I get a response
Wow, I would hate to run a statue company.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 12:07 AM   #422
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

I have a feeling the refund policy will change very very soon. There’s no way Tweeterhead can just reissue everyone money when someone feels like it . I’m no exception but I’ll take money and be on my way .
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 12:33 AM   #423
chrismhk
Luke Cage

I am still with TH because they are the only company promised to make a full Teen titans line. I am really discouraged to get invested on other lines though. Less I buy from them the better.
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 12:52 AM   #424
built2shred
Phoenix

He does have a $50 NRD on each pre-order, so I'll be losing $200 canceling the statues... but I'd easily lose that trying to resale them myself since I'm probably not going to keep this line...

EDIT: Yikes I kept reading on TH site and not only do they have a $50 NRD they also charge you a 25% restocking/cancellation fee... That's pretty brutal... I wonder if that's 25% of your deposit or 25% of the MRSP price of the statue... If it's latter, then a $250 statue would be $62.50 + $50, so you could lose $112.50 on each canceled statue...

Maybe I'll cancel the cancel request, although I bet there is a fee for doing that too...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 01:54 AM   #425
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Ouch
Old 02-23-2020, 02:36 AM   #426
slow17motion
The Spirit

A restocking fee? First of all, he doesn't even have them. Second, they're like a half year late. Sideshow will give you your deposit back if something is late. Or if you ask politely. Tweeterhead is ridiculous.
slow17motion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 03:33 AM   #427
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow17motion View Post
A restocking fee? First of all, he doesn't even have them. Second, they're like a half year late. Sideshow will give you your deposit back if something is late. Or if you ask politely. Tweeterhead is ridiculous.
It does say if the statue is past 90 days late you can request your NRD back and you can avoid the cancellation fee if you put the money towards another statue you have on order with them. so there are some outs... Which is all fine and good except there not too great in responding to requests and I imagine doing all that would just end up with a mess, so I just emailed them to just keep my orders and I'll just store them when they come out and maybe resale them down the road after they've sold out which means holding on to them for 2-3 years

Can't believe people are still selling new TH Harleys on eBay... that statue has been out forever it seems...

I'm guessing that since TH is a small company they need the deposits to fund all these statues... I guess I can't blame the guy, at least they have a website now that explains all that, the old website wasn't as specific with the details...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 07:44 AM   #428
slow17motion
The Spirit

The funniest thing about the TH Harley is that it lasts only a short time before the thing leans and deforms (it uses clear resin to support the entire statue). It's an engineering mess.

He should offer full refunds of Robin, as Robin was marketed falsely. In fact, it's STILL marketed falsely (the EX Robin is still described as including a base that will fit Batman, Robin, and Batgirl--that's a lie).

A few months ago I talked to Chad on the phone and he really left me feeling good about things. But he's utterly full of crap and will NOT keep his word. I purchased around a grand worth of TH statues. What do I have to show for it? A pretty sub par Superman and the blue Batman, which is okay (it's front peg doesn't fit snugly into the base). That's it. Chad promised to send me an EX Batman hand for my issues with TH. Yeah, that never materialized. Never heard from him again.

Green Lantern and Robin are the others I've ordered. Robin's base looks like crap and GL looks great--but I have little faith in it turning out well.

Honestly, I would be hesitant to preorder anything from TH at this point. I would be surprised if the company doesn't go belly-up and everyone loses their money. TH is starting to look VERY shady.
Old 02-23-2020, 09:17 AM   #429
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Well I disagree about Chad. He’s a good guy and I received a full refund for two Tweeterhead’s and wasn’t charged anything . I don’t think it’s fair to label him or company in negative way . He’s doing all this juggling for the customers.

I noticed you’re 45 posts in and already spreading the KAKA maybe take a pill relax.
Old 02-23-2020, 09:20 AM   #430
slow17motion
The Spirit

I just requested a refund for GL and Robin, in full. I also did it through the BBB. Honestly, I think that Chad puts on a kind face, but is not to be trusted. I want my money back and I will have nothing more to do with TH.

Sideshow is incredible and guys like Spec Fiction are AMAZING. If there's ever a statue from TH I want, I'll go through Sideshow or Spec. You can't trust TH to do the right thing.