Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > CKinSD Conventions

Old 06-21-2012, 02:46 PM   #221
CKinSD
Crush Mod
Super Moderator

good flight dude. see you tomorrow and yes i drive thee everyday. only an hour away and like my bed.. tempurpedic!!!!
Old 06-21-2012, 09:00 PM   #222
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Muahahah.. on my second flight of the day; first one I was sittin' by a chick who trains with the UFC; basically a walking billboard, but she had the physique, so we talked "The Iceman". She's from L.A., and knew SLO, so I took a gamble.

.. and now, I'm on SF on the second. Good day... good day.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:48 PM   #223
Mean Green
Fantomah

Hope it was a great time! Bummed I missed it but can't wait to hear everyone's updates
Mean Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 11:04 PM   #224
Bishop40
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

tell me about it were getting more updates from down under than heroes....hope everyone had a good con, maybe next year i'll hit this one.
Bishop40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 11:29 PM   #225
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Had a great time... great meetin' Bill and Steve, finally.

Steve, can't thank you enough.. or Dave, for that matter.. for the oomph in regards to my project; I'll have something for you by this time next month. You guys made out like bandits.

The Freys are top-notch in every way possible.. thanks for a great time, guys.. I'm not through thanking you yet.

Charles proves yet again that he's not just another pretty face; can't adequately express how much I appreciate your hospitality, but thank you, anyways.
Oh... and of COURSE I finally start acclimating to the time change/sleep schedule this afternoon... got up at 4 am each day, only to pass out again right at sunrise.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:34 PM   #226
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Oh.. and even with the last-minute vet bill that threatened to cancel this last-minute trip, I still made it out.. and still scored some sweet commissions and pages; mostly came out to see SF Momos, though, and to get some more validation on a project...mission successful.

I think I'll just assume I'm hitting a con next year, bet it ECCC (I miss you Seattle!), NYCC or back here in NC; Heroes was a fun experience, and I barely bought anything this time out. Spent maybe 1/3 what I did at NYCC.
Old 06-25-2012, 12:33 AM   #227
Sam
Hydra

I had a great con. I met a couple of you guys there and that was really cool. I'm sorry I didn't get to meet more of you but even without knowing who was coming (I just found this thread) I was there with my wife (we got married in February this year) and it was her first con ever. I didn't want her getting overwhelmed plus she's very uncomfortable around strangers, so I chose to stay low key and enjoy the con with her.

I'll post in the art section about what sketches and all I got... After some much needed rest.
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:39 AM   #228
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Rest schmest.. it's 3 am here in Chartown and I'm ready to ROCK.

hahah... I also just found an additional $200 I had tucked away in my wallet for the con. I'm stoked I didn't find it until now. Practically half of that goes to getting my car out of SF airport's parking garage, as it is.
Old 06-25-2012, 04:56 AM   #229
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Congrats again on your nuptials, Sam.
Old 06-25-2012, 05:20 AM   #230
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Note to Heroes: My sense of direction is bad enough, but uprooting a #'d booth from where it should be and putting it somewhere else is just cruel. Memory is moot when you're sleep-deprived.

Long night at the airport.