Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 07-26-2005, 03:15 PM   #11
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Nexus,

Read here:

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/

You can download the emulators there and use this program to get them to your PSP:

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=6432

You do not need your old cartridges or anything. There are PLENTY of sites with ROMS for every system.

Make sure you PSP is version 1.5 or you cannot run the emulators (not yet anyway).

You just transfer over all the ROMS to the PSP, start the emulator and then choose the game. It is very easy to do.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 09:27 PM   #12
J Storm
Birdman

I must be doing something wrong. I got NesterJ NES emulator but when I click X, I an error message 'The game could not be started. (80020001)'. What's wrong & how do I fix it. I'm also using a 32MB card.
J Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 09:51 PM   #13
Ghost
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Might be a faulty ROM or emulator, search for Nesticle that's like the best NES emulator, and ZSNES for SNES. They're quick to download. Otherwise try to redownload those.
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 09:52 PM   #14
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

Ask, and ye shall almost receive... In Japan at least.

Sony launching PSP video-on-demand service
Posted on Tuesday, July 26 2005

Sony announced today that it is launching a new Web site in Japan that will offer downloadable movies for the PlayStation Portable. The company will begin services for "Portable TV" on July 27, the same date as the release of the new firmware upgrade for the PSP. Sony Computer Entertainment America has not announced plans for a similar service in the US.

go here to read more

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/

I can see a musicstore concept already.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 09:58 PM   #15
Ghost

Very interesting. Sony already has a music store, all they need to do is make it compatible to download wirelessly through the PSP.
Old 07-26-2005, 10:14 PM   #16
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

Thanks Gruson,

Trying it out, but not working. I'm no doubt doing things wrong. Not to worry though. I've got my IP guy coming over this week, so I'm sure he'll be able to figure it out. I've gotta get a PSP guru 'cuz it looks like there's a bunch of stuff these things can do and I'd like to get them in shape before the cruise. Do you know if it can emulate games like Mario 64 and Goldeneye. How about Dreamcast games? Thx.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 10:31 PM   #17
Ghost

I had a Dreamcast emulator once, back when it was around, but I could never find the ROMs. For N64 I did have some games for that though. Just gotta search.
Old 07-27-2005, 07:35 AM   #18
J Storm
Birdman

These emulators are garbage. All the sites I've been to are in Japanese & I have no clue if I need to d/l more stuff or what. I continue to get the same error message. I'm starting to think if this is worth all the hassle.
Old 07-27-2005, 09:49 AM   #19
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Do you have a PSP, version 1.5?

It's VERY easy to do...just read the instructions. Remember, you have to install the emulator with this program:

EMU installer

1.5 USERS:
1. Download this file located at http://files.pspupdates.com/cgi-bin/...0,1,0,0,38,469

2. It's in Spanish, so what you need to do is download any emulator/homebrew anywhere.

3. Now open the EMULATOR file, and extract the EBOOT.PBP located inside it.
example: NES:
http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/nesterjpsp.shtml

4. After installing the file mentioned in step 1, open the program.

5. Where it says "Nombre:" type down whatever you want the emulator/homebrew to be called, this does not effect the game.

6. Where it says "Fichero PBP:", click the "..." button, and locate the EBOOT.PBP file you extracted from step 3.

7. Where it says "Unidad PSP:", make sure your PSP is connected, and select the drive letter of your PSP.

8. After all that is inputted, click the "Generar ficheros" button. wait for it to finish.

9. If this is an emulator, read on, if not, you're ready to play!

10. Download roms for the emulator from any web-site which has them. (DO NOT ASK FOR THEM ON THE FORUMS, if you really need help, ask me. make sure you PM it)

NOTE: I've had alot of PM's asking for "psp roms". there is no such thing, when it comes to emulation, a rom is a rom. Any rom you download will run on the psp, as long as you have the appropriate emulator

11. Put the roms in any folder of the PSP, except GBA, that has special rules.

12. Run the emu on your PSP, select onm the psp whichever folder you put the roms in. Press O to play.

VERY easy and if you still cannot figure it out, ask someone who know about computers.....

As for ROMs, just search google for them.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 06:19 PM   #20
J Storm
Birdman

Gruson, you are the best. I got the NES emu working and I lovin it. Thanks! Now do I do the same thing above with the other emulators like for the Genesis?