Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Anime/Manga

Old 04-13-2007, 11:45 AM   #11
TheJoker
The Doh! has to go!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal View Post
Most of my purchases are from Bestbuy although I used to do Suncoast too.

For years I've been using www.animeondvd.com for most of my anime info.

They have a great review section that I use when deciding if I want to buy something.

Definitely a GREAT resource!
nice thanks...btw that avatar is awesome...LOL
TheJoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 01:57 PM   #12
Car50n
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

i download current japanese episodes through tons of different bittorrent trackers..(hard to explain, google it)

SAY NO TO DUBS!!!
Car50n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 02:26 PM   #13
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

These guys are decent and got a few from them. Plus they got some really sick Hentai dvds also

http://www.discountanimedvd.com/
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 04:10 PM   #14
Tendou-Kabuto
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car50n View Post
i download current japanese episodes through tons of different bittorrent trackers..(hard to explain, google it)

SAY NO TO DUBS!!!
I agree!!

Torrents are the best way if you want to stay current with Japan. I get episodes of new shows usually after only an hr of it airing in Japan. That's how I stay current. I buy DVDs of all the series I like. Since I am Japanese I can go with R1 or R2 but usually buy R1 since I live in the US and it's cheaper. Will buy R2 is Japan version has tons of extras tho.

I'd say-

For US R1 DVDs- Places Like Best Buy, FYE or Suncoast are good places to buy locally in the US.

For Online shopping places like Deep Discount DVD, Overstock or Discount Anime DVD are good places.

For R2 Japan releases- CDJapan is Probably the best for US buyers. Other good places as well but they dont usually ship to US.

And of course BT
Tendou-Kabuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 07:16 PM   #15
carbo-fation
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I use torrents mostly.

Good sites are animesuki.com; isohunt.com and boxtorrents.com

A cheap paysite with tons of awesome anime is narutofan.com (direct downloads. They charge $4 per month and is very reliable website.
I recommend getting your anime through torrents though...much cheaper and you can get them in bulks.
carbo-fation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 08:38 PM   #16
Gatekeeper2Hell
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJoker View Post
AHHHH! ....you will enjoy any anime better if you watch it with the original japanese voices with english subtitles... trust me.... but adult swim is good exposure for the US.
I've tried this, and no I didn't. I can't stand some of the voices that are prefered in Japanese culture. And sometimes I have trouble reading the before they take the subtitles off the screen. If I have to keep rewinding the show to catch the subtitles, I lose interest.

And Best Buy is evil, or at least the Muncie, Indiana store is. They have a crappy selection and give you the third degree if your DVD's have any problems. A friend of mine went to Texas for a custody battle and bought several anime DVDs from a local Best Buy down there. When he came home, one of the disks wouldn't play. The Muncie Best Buy people wanted to know why he brought it to them if he purchased it in Texas.
Gatekeeper2Hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 08:59 AM   #17
TheJoker
The Doh! has to go!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatekeeper2Hell View Post
I've tried this, and no I didn't. I can't stand some of the voices that are prefered in Japanese culture. And sometimes I have trouble reading the before they take the subtitles off the screen. If I have to keep rewinding the show to catch the subtitles, I lose interest.

And Best Buy is evil, or at least the Muncie, Indiana store is. They have a crappy selection and give you the third degree if your DVD's have any problems. A friend of mine went to Texas for a custody battle and bought several anime DVDs from a local Best Buy down there. When he came home, one of the disks wouldn't play. The Muncie Best Buy people wanted to know why he brought it to them if he purchased it in Texas.
well i dont work for best buy so i cant speak for them but anytime i had a problem they were fine with returning the merchandise.... you are the first person that i have ever heard say that about the original japanese voices and i cant argue that point it is your preference but as long as you enjoy anime thats cool too.
TheJoker is offline   Reply With Quote