Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 08-29-2007, 11:19 AM   #1
madheavy
Doh!

Count Dooku Animated Maquette

I know I'm late in the game, but I'm now trying to get many of the GG clone wars maquettes (besides Padme of course, because I don't want to sell a kidney).

What is this I hear that they didn't make a Count Dooku maquette? How could they not make a maquette one of the most pivotal CW characters?

They made one of Roron Corobb and that, that sh**-headed Jedi NEVER appeared in Episode II or III? What is up with that?

Anyone now why or if GG is just jerking our chain and will pull a 'MACE WINDU' like limit (maybe 100 piece) on Count Dooku in the future?
madheavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 02:26 PM   #2
stormshadow007
Death is hereditary.

well i think it was mentioned in an interview with Amanda that although they cut the clone wars line, they can still sneak some characters from this line and release them through the regular star wars maquette line
stormshadow007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 05:18 PM   #3
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by madheavy View Post
They made one of Roron Corobb and that, that sh**-headed Jedi NEVER appeared in Episode II or III? What is up with that?
i'll ignore that slander against one of the greatest Jedi who ever lived because i too feel the pain of the loss of the clone wars. but really it's just foolish to think GG won't pump out a prequeal line of maquettes sooner or later and bam we get a dooku that way, which is why i was quite pissed they ended on mace when he so easily could've been made later when theres so many Clone Wars only people who will never see the light of day like Rorons good buddy Foul . and for the record Roron had a much bigger part in the cartoon then dooku did......
MrYac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 10:14 PM   #4
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormshadow007 View Post
well i think it was mentioned in an interview with Amanda that although they cut the clone wars line, they can still sneak some characters from this line and release them through the regular star wars maquette line
That would be sweet but up until now we haven't seen any Prequel characters in the current animated line. Hope that changes because Dooku is a must in animated form.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 12:02 AM   #5
glassdancer
Kindly Asked To Leave

I hate Gentle Giant games.
glassdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 04:32 AM   #6
glassdancer
Kindly Asked To Leave

Although I've wanted a Dooku animated for the longest time and don't understand why they would choose to make THREE versions of Yoda, and yet NO Dooku is beyond me!!!!!!
Old 09-02-2007, 05:11 AM   #7
madheavy
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassdancer View Post
Although I've wanted a Dooku animated for the longest time and don't understand why they would choose to make THREE versions of Yoda, and yet NO Dooku is beyond me!!!!!!
Actually the Yoda on Kybuck is worth it's weight in gold. An awesome statue it is.
madheavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 10:58 AM   #8
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I wasn't to thrilled that a second Yoda was produced over a new character either but after getting this maquette I agree it is very nice. Still would've liked Dooku more though.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 10:48 PM   #9
glassdancer
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by madheavy View Post
Actually the Yoda on Kybuck is worth it's weight in gold. An awesome statue it is.
no doubt, Madheavy...

It isn't about what's not a sweet statue versus one that isn't,...it's about the principle or remaking a character several times when you could have focused on one that hasn't been done yet. I think we'd all agree that Dooku was a pivotal charatcer in the animated Clone wars series....

But instead of making a Dooku,.....

they opted to making another Yoda. Personally, I think they should have saved their man-production power and materials and instead of painting a bunch of Stormtroopers Black and then making it an exclusive, they should have just focused that time and energy on the "Duke"-Ku!
Old 09-05-2007, 11:03 PM   #10
MrYac
Hercules

well i def agree i could've lived without the extra troopers, i still think theres still plenty of better people to be made besides Dooku, but i'd still more then likely buy him
MrYac is online now   Reply With Quote