Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 09-09-2007, 06:44 PM   #1
Thing
Sinister Six

Once again

Well once again the reports came in about people at the GG booth getting more then 1 bust. Thats a shame..I think im done with them. I love the product but an tired of all the backdoor dealing.. YES im whining...I really was hoping that they did things differently this year.
Thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 07:20 PM   #2
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

I'm with you. Its tough to collect their stuff anymore.

That's why I sold off my clone army earlier this year as you are well aware of.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:34 PM   #3
risingstar
Jedi Order

As long as you have employees making less than 10$ an hour, chances are your business' reputation will always be at risk. One single backdoor deal which took 20 seconds to put together is likely worth their weekly salary.

I've seen this type of behavior all too often in retail, collectible or otherwise.
For some, it just doesn't pay to be honest at a job that isn't worth keeping.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 09:26 PM   #4
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

People did indeed get more than one. A friend of mine called up to ask if I wanted one as they wanted to get rid of their remaining inventory before the show closed. Another friend of mine got 3 or 4 I think.

Whatever, GG sucks regardless.
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 09:39 PM   #5
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactus View Post
People did indeed get more than one. A friend of mine called up to ask if I wanted one as they wanted to get rid of their remaining inventory before the show closed. Another friend of mine got 3 or 4 I think.

Whatever, GG sucks regardless.

Too bad it was too much trouble to offer or raffle off whatever was left to their fanbase. Instead, someone makes the decision to dump the remaining inventory and forego the one per customer scenario because it was likely too much a hassle to pack the van.

I wasn't interested in whatever GG was offering. However, I nonetheless sympathize.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 10:34 PM   #6
Raven1014
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
As long as you have employees making less than 10$ an hour, chances are your business' reputation will always be at risk. One single backdoor deal which took 20 seconds to put together is likely worth their weekly salary.

I've seen this type of behavior all too often in retail, collectible or otherwise.
For some, it just doesn't pay to be honest at a job that isn't worth keeping.
Is it really any different then the employee at Toys-R-Us pulling the variant/chase figures out of a sealed case to sell it to a collector? When highly sought after collectibles are being handled by people making minimum wage, greed is going to win out more often then not.
Raven1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 12:20 AM   #7
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven1014 View Post
Quote:
Is it really any different then the employee at Toys-R-Us pulling the variant/chase figures out of a sealed case to sell it to a collector?
When highly sought after collectibles are being handled by people making minimum wage, greed is going to win out more often then not.
My friend Will does stuff like that and the best part is his girlfriend is one of the managers there.
He puts away video games and systems also but only for personal use I told his dumb ass he can sell this stuff on Ebay for big bucks.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 07:54 AM   #8
PitViper
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

This definitely wasn’t the case in Baltimore on Saturday – the line was a mile long and the Bacara’s allotted for sale at the show were sold out in 45 minutes. Also the non pre-order sales were handled by the show and not GG directly, so I wouldn't put the blame entirely on them. What I can’t understand is why retailers were allowed to purchase 2 each rather then the limit of 1 per person???
PitViper is offline   Reply With Quote