Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > What If?

View Poll Results: TYRANT VS DESTROYER
Tyrant 12 66.67%
Destroyer 6 33.33%
Stalemate 0 0%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-20-2008, 07:46 PM   #1
ALPH4T34M
Thunderstrike

TYRANT vs DESTROYER

Then let it begin!

TYRANT

Powers
Tyrant possesses massive cosmic power, and psionic control of machines. He had enough power to force Galactus into retreat.

Abilities
Tyrant appears to have vast knowledge of the living universe and cybernetics. He can also emit very powerful energy burst from both his hands and eyes.

Paraphernalia
He has very powerful cosmic spheres that he uses to warehouse cosmic power.

.................and as a reminder;

DESTROYER

Powers
The Destroyer has superhuman strength that may have no limits since it has never been measured, it can travel through the air by means of self-levitation, and can project bolts of varying energies including magnetic and an unknown energy so powerful that it can shatter any known substance including uru metal. The Destroyer can also produce flames that can reach intense levels of heat and it can also transmute, rearrange and alter matter and its densities in order to convert it to its different forms: solid, liquid and gas

Weapons
Aside from its other abilities, the most powerful weapon in the Destroyer’s arsenal is its disintegrator beam. The disintegrator beam is fired when the Destroyer lowers its visor and the energy builds up and projects, outward, from the top of the visor. It has been said that this beam is able to annihilate anything

Paraphernalia
The Destroyer armor is made from an unknown metal found on Asgard and was enchanted by Odin to make that metal harder than uru, the metal Mjolnir is made of, or adamantium and almost totally indestructible
ALPH4T34M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 07:48 PM   #2
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Not even close, Tyrant by a mile.

Last edited by galactus; 10-20-2008 at 07:50 PM.
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 07:51 PM   #3
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

If it's a full powered Tyrant then I'm going with Tyrant.
HalJordanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 07:52 PM   #4
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactus View Post

What are the reasons you think it's by a mile?
Old 10-20-2008, 07:56 PM   #5
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalJordanFan View Post
What are the reasons you think it's by a mile?
Galactus and Tyrant are, for all intents and purposes, equal in power. Galactus made the Destroyer a herald, so it stands to reason that Tyrant could do the same.

Also, we all pretty much recognize Galactus (and therefore Tyrant) near the top of the Cosmic Food chain. Given that a Destroyer with EVERY Asgardian in him couldn't even damage a Celestial, it stands to reason a regular Destroyer doesn't stand much chance against any Cosmic Level Entity.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:58 PM   #6
ALPH4T34M
Thunderstrike

Quote:
I would have thought a fully powered Tyrant vs Destroyer with all the stuffing would be quite a close battle?

How about a de-powered Tyrant?
ALPH4T34M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 08:02 PM   #7
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

Quote:
Galactus and Tyrant are, for all intents and purposes, equal in power. Galactus made the Destroyer a herald, so it stands to reason that Tyrant could do the same.

Also, we all pretty much recognize Galactus (and therefore Tyrant) near the top of the Cosmic Food chain. Given that a Destroyer with EVERY Asgardian in him couldn't even damage a Celestial, it stands to reason a regular Destroyer doesn't stand much chance against any Cosmic Level Entity.

The question was basically me wondering if were just picking by favorites or reasoning. Tyrant is one of IMO the cooler cosmics and I liked him handing the SS, Morg, JOH, Gladiator and Beta Ray Bill their asses at the same time. I think within reason of a select few in comics he like the Big G is narly unbeatable.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:03 PM   #8
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPH4T34M View Post
I would have thought a fully powered Tyrant vs Destroyer with all the stuffing would be quite a close battle?

Then the question is how depowered?
Old 10-20-2008, 08:06 PM   #9
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalJordanFan View Post
The question was basically me wondering if were just picking by favorites or reasoning. Tyrant is one of IMO the cooler cosmics and I liked him handing the SS, Morg, JOH, Gladiator and Beta Ray Bill their asses at the same time. I think within reason of a select few in comics he like the Big G is narly unbeatable.
Definitely reasoning as you can see. You actually bring up another great comparison. Thor and the Destroyer often fight to a standstill, but Beta Ray Bill couldn't harm Tyrant what so ever, even with the help of the others you mentioned.

I think this is just a mismatch from the start.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:07 PM   #10
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPH4T34M View Post

Well, the Avengers beat Galactus when he was hungry, so the Destroyer certainly has a chance if Tyrant is running low on fuel.