Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Sculptor's Pit Stop

Old 12-10-2015, 06:10 PM   #1
dugabrams
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Black Bolt Antennae, how to fix?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/469921...posted-public/

Received this Bowen Designs Black Bolt for the sweet price of $59 recently on eBay. Reason it was so cheap was his antenna or goal post was broke off and missing. I have long wanted to try my hand at modding a statue and the price was right. After looking at it though, it seems a little more challenging than I first though.

So my question is, how would you guys fix this?

And on a side note, I really think this sculpt is crap compared to that awesome BD's Medusa. Has anybody modded a Black Bolt to improve it? I searched but didn't see any
dugabrams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 02:42 AM   #2
SONICobra
Batman

I would remove the old one completely and shape a new one out of plastistruct (sheets of plastic). you can buy them at hobby stores in varying thickness. buy a pack with sheets the same thickness as the original "antenna" draw on the shape you want, cut out the basic shape with scissors then fine tune it with needle files, dremel bits and sand paper. prime and paint before attaching

attaching should be pretty straight forward, try securing a pin the the new antenna first by either putting a small hole in it or attaching it with aves

good luck!
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 12:37 PM   #3
dugabrams
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
I would remove the old one completely and shape a new one out of plastistruct (sheets of plastic). you can buy them at hobby stores in varying thickness. buy a pack with sheets the same thickness as the original "antenna" draw on the shape you want, cut out the basic shape with scissors then fine tune it with needle files, dremel bits and sand paper. prime and paint before attaching

attaching should be pretty straight forward, try securing a pin the the new antenna first by either putting a small hole in it or attaching it with aves

good luck!
Thanks, I will try this.

Might even go as far as making one of these that can be removed and another one sculpted with that power/electricity that always seems to be present.

Looking for a tutorial on how to do that now.
dugabrams is offline   Reply With Quote