Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 12-04-2018, 05:43 PM   #531
qz33
Doctor Doom

The troubling thing is this that none of this may be profitable in the long run.
That increased quality comes at an increased cost. As ES shrinks where's the money going to be made back?

Mileena is awesome but look at the competitors charging way more and making way more. Factories don't want to deal with small fries. There won't be anymore Mileena luck.

Tons of this stuff hadn't even begun production when everything hit the fan. These new guys are taking a MASSIVE gamble and not even sure how they are getting the cash to do it.
This is what you do when not enough people want you sh!t. http://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...87#post5684287

No one will answer but you think that Starscream at $750 is flying off? I'd bet it has struggled to get even past 50 orders so far.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 05:48 PM   #532
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Assuming the current PCS manage to obtain the correct (popular) licence(s) and back those up with sculpts that do the characters justice ..if the recent Mileena 1/3 quality is anything to go by, the future is looking up for PCS. For the moment, they need to clear the back-log (Jerry's stink as you put it). It's a pity Jerry failed to stay on-board, as he can sculpt.
This is the thing I can't stand. Why? Why should Jerry have stuck around? He made this entire mess.
What pieces did he sculpt? Plenty people can sculpt and have many a PCS statue. Why does his sculpting ability in any way detract or make up for his lack of not even business sense but common sense? WHY?

Jerry didn't sculpt your Mileena or Kitana. What did he sculpt that you like so much? He convinced everyone this stuff was in demand enough to warrant getting made, waiting years for and then bailed before people realized it wasn't.
Old 12-04-2018, 06:05 PM   #533
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
This is the thing I can't stand. Why? Why should Jerry have stuck around? He made this entire mess.
What pieces did he sculpt? Plenty people can sculpt and have many a PCS statue. Why does his sculpting ability in any way detract or make up for his lack of not even business sense but common sense? WHY?

Jerry didn't sculpt your Mileena or Kitana. What did he sculpt that you like so much? He convinced everyone this stuff was in demand enough to warrant getting made, waiting years for and then bailed before people realized it wasn't.
I think Jerry sculpted Chun-Li 1/3 bar the portrait which was taken from 3D game data (as far as i am aware).
I think it was Jerry who sculpted the Rambo portrait. Sure, others sculpted for PCS also.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 06:23 PM   #534
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I think Jerry sculpted Chun-Li 1/3 bar the portrait which was taken from 3D game data (as far as i am aware).
I think it was Jerry who sculpted the Rambo portrait. Sure, others sculpted for PCS also.
Joseph Jung sculpted on Chun-li too. He is credited and there's a video of him with Chun-li at his table while he was sculpting on Mileena and Kitana.

So someone else did the Chun's head, costume, and at least another sculptor worked on her. How do we know what Jerry did? How much work did Jerry really put into the final look of her?

There's a lot more that happened at PCS than meets the eye yet Jerry continues to get construed credit while hardly any other names get mentioned.
Why?
Everyone will call out Jerry's name as skilled but for everyone else gets billed as "others" around here.

You on Facebook? Here's a couple of people integral to your statues that haven't run a business into the ground.
https://www.facebook.com/joseph.jung.5811
https://www.justinmcmillan3d.com/digital-sculpture
Old 12-04-2018, 06:27 PM   #535
qz33
Doctor Doom

Here's another one.
Again tell me what all Jerry did to result in the overall look with Chunners yet everyone keeps heaping that credit.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BWGHjE2ApbN/
Old 12-04-2018, 06:39 PM   #536
qz33
Doctor Doom

How much of Rambo's head did Jerry sculpt? Other than what he told us?
https://jackmathews.artstation.com/
Old 12-04-2018, 06:49 PM   #537
supermegamanx
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

there's also john cleary(?) who made some amazing sculpts
supermegamanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 06:51 PM   #538
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermegamanx View Post
there's also john cleary(?) who made some amazing sculpts
Oh definitely. I just figure he's at least somewhat known around these parts.

Just scroll through that PCS resume.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/johnclea...=page_internal
Old 12-05-2018, 02:45 AM   #539
chris1203
The Spirit
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post

True that
chris1203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 11:54 AM   #540
dao2
Cyclops

Jerry's involvement on stuff like Chun and were probably less then normal, he has mentioned in the past that he does not do females well which is why stuff like mileena/kitana was done almost entirely by someone else. However he did do a lot of sculpting on things like Sagat or most male characters.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote