Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 05-08-2020, 01:05 AM   #171
FJC
Midnighter

Yeah, since DD isn't a must have character for you, I'd put the funds toward GA. I actually have the EX GA PF and can say without a doubt you won't regret getting it. It's a phenomenal statue.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 08:35 AM   #172
SONICobra
Batman

green arrow is one of the best 1/4 scale dc statues ever produced, id stick with that imo
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 10:05 AM   #173
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
green arrow is one of the best 1/4 scale dc statues ever produced, id stick with that imo
Without a doubt. It's a MUST have if you're a GA fan.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 10:44 AM   #174
Mister H
Gen 13

Both are stunners. That’d be a hard choice.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 01:33 PM   #175
danteipp
Hellboy

Thanks for all of the input, I really appreciate it! I am going to wait a bit longer and try to find a GA but, if the DD goes to low stock before I can track one down, maybe pull the trigger for that statue.

An ex Green Arrow was sold earlier today for around $800 on eBay, which seems to be the going rate right now for the ex. I didn't pull the trigger because I was hoping to stay closer to $700-725, but that just might not be possible.

Getting back on track, if the DD stays in stock until around August/September, I might be able to convince the wife to pick it up for me for my birthday.

The DD just looks amazing and, given the low edition size, one of those statues that people keep in their collection and you rarely see for sale.
danteipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 03:21 PM   #176
grphyx1
Kingpin

Does anybody know if it's able to be displayed without the stained glass window?
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 04:02 PM   #177
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
Does anybody know if it's able to be displayed without the stained glass window?
My guess would be yes. I was watching secret sanctuary's video of DD from SDCC and noticed how close the heel of the back foot was to the back of the base. It's an extremely tight fit so I think you're supposed to put the back of the base on last.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 04:11 PM   #178
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
My guess would be yes. I was watching secret sanctuary's video of DD from SDCC and noticed how close the heel of the back foot was to the back of the base. It's an extremely tight fit so I think you're supposed to put the back of the base on last.
Thanks
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 01:20 PM   #179
XMAN
Ultron

This is got to be the best looking quarter scale Daredevil I have ever seen. This one seems to have it all it’s all red has the classic look Stainglass window in the background great looking portrait
Iron studios nailed it
XMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 04:52 PM   #180
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMAN View Post
This is got to be the best looking quarter scale Daredevil I have ever seen. This one seems to have it all it’s all red has the classic look Stainglass window in the background great looking portrait
Iron studios nailed it
They did. Between this, Punisher and Hulk, Iron Studios is killing it with their Marvel Legacy Replica line. And I know a lot of people had issues with Spider-Man but it at least looks cool, I still have mine.

I'm not sure how their license works but it looks like IS can put out one 1/4 comic book Marvel statue per year? I'm guessing that's all their license allows? It's a shame they can't do more because I like what they're doing but due to Sideshow I'm surprised IS can even do that.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote