Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 09-03-2019, 05:47 PM   #31
Thegreywizard
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Supposedly Thor and Magneto are next.
Damn I was hoping Iron Man!

I mean I can't afford it right now, so I need a break for a bit, but I hope IM isn't too far out.
Thegreywizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 05:43 PM   #32
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Didn't SS try doing 1/3, isn't that what the Legendary Scale was which didn't seem to take off, or maybe they just didn't do that great of job at it ? We got Wolverine, Batman, but Catwoman never went up for PO.

So sure P1 Marvel, lets saturate this market further and have our statues be worth almost nothing eventually
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 05:46 PM   #33
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

If you're buying these statues for how much they're potentially "worth" after you own them, you're in it for the wrong reason. But just like the question you asked in the other thread about P1 making 1/4 stuff (not going to happen, Sideshow has the license) has been beaten to death, so has that topic.

I want good companies to make good stuff, and P1 makes good stuff. I would love for them to make 1/3 Marvel, but it's probably not gonna happen. I prefer 1/3 over 1/4 but I'm also not someone who wants 25 statues. Quality over quantity for me and 1/3 is where it's at for me. Always will be.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 05:56 PM   #34
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
Didn't SS try doing 1/3, isn't that what the Legendary Scale was which didn't seem to take off, or maybe they just didn't do that great of job at it ?
No and yes.

No, their Legendary Scale figures are 1:2.

Yes, they just didn't do a great job.
Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 06:30 PM   #35
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

I don’t know what I would do if Prime 1 did a 1/3 Marvel ‘movie’ line similar to their DCEU pieces. I currently have in hand or preordered a lot of their DCEU 1/3 pieces (except for SS & Shazam), and pretty much the same goes for Iron Studios 1/4 MCU lines.

And with me at breaking point when it comes to display space (around hundred statue pieces across various scales, and probably a little bit less in number for my Hot Toys collection). If I were to suddenly need to replace those 1/4 with 1/3 (as I prefer the larger scale), I would only be able to fit at most half as many 1/3 as I do my 1/4 scales if I were ‘willing’ to offload them.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 06:54 PM   #36
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
If you're buying these statues for how much they're potentially "worth" after you own them, you're in it for the wrong reason.
That's fair, but if you're spending 1500-2000 dollars on a collectible without a care as to what it'll be worth in two years then you might want to have someone else hold your checkbook.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 07:56 PM   #37
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post
That's fair, but if you're spending 1500-2000 dollars on a collectible without a care as to what it'll be worth in two years then you might want to have someone else hold your checkbook.
I’m of the opinion that once I buy these, they’re next to worthless. I put such purchases a long the same line as the share/stock market. If you can’t afford to lose 100%, then it’s probably not a good idea.

I still don’t know how I would go about selling them here in Australia (with most being so called ‘Regulars’). Shipping costs are atrocious and I’ll be lucky to get back half of what I spent, if not less.

If the unexpected occurs and I have to sell them, it’s a bonus if I get something out if it, otherwise I don’t give much thought to how much my collection is worth, other than the intangible value it gives to me everyday.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 08:12 PM   #38
Thegreywizard
The Spirit

I agree, I don’t worry about what statue prices are when I buy them or what they’ll be worth in 2 years, as I don’t ever planning on selling.

Sure I want these to retain value because of the high end quality of them, but the secondary market usually seems to bring about 50% of the original price unless you have an ultra rare piece.

1/3 is by far my favorite scale, so far I only have Prime 1 Suicide Squad Joker and Batman and I absolutely love both! I have Legendary Beast 1/3 Captain America on pre-order and hoping to get their Iron man when it becomes available. I plan on getting SS Deadshot and Harley and DCEU Superman from Prime 1 and that’s probably it for my 1/3 collection, the rest of what I get will probably be 1/4. I do want Sideshow Galactus and Sentinel and while they’re 1/4, their size is really that of normal 1/3. Those two along with Hilkbuster are at the top of my list and rather large, but so are their price tags and because of that are sadly, probably years down the line of my collecting hobby. Of course I really hope Prime 1 gets an MCU license, then I will probably get 3-5 of those pieces.

My 1/3 Prime 1 MCU must-haves would be:

Ironman
Captain America
Vision
Black Widow
Starlord
Rocket
Old 09-06-2019, 08:26 PM   #39
craigcliff1
Zot

Yes LBS has 1/3 licenses, would think that P1 can't make 1/3s. Would be cool, but not cheap. Like if P1 did 1/3 Star Wars and I would think they could get that as no company has that license they would be $1,500 on up.

LBS is making a 1/3 Iron Man, that should be cool.

SSC super messed up with LSF, I remember in 11 when they showed them off was so hyped but they were too much, and some production piece weren't great, not enough characters. They should have a made a dozen by now from each license., Star Wars, Marv. DC.
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 08:28 PM   #40
Thegreywizard
The Spirit

LBS license is only for comic book 1/3 versions. So technically the 1/3 MCU is floating around some where.

Any sneak peeks of LBS 1/3 Iron man any where?