Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 11-12-2021, 04:41 AM   #151
K1NG J0RDAN
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Mine came in from sideshow and a piece of the hair was broken. They were quick to arrange an exchange and she’s on her way back. Hopefully the next one is good!
K1NG J0RDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 05:00 AM   #152
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trav99ss View Post
The UPS truck just dropped her off and I must say, I feel like they nailed the likeness. Love pretty much everything about the statue, very well done. The base could be a bit better I guess, but it does look better in hand than in the pictures, so I'm happy about that.

Was thinking about ordering one of the Queen Studios statues, but not so sure now. This statue for me is no question, nailed the likeness - from the pictures and videos of the Queen Studios statues, from most angles, it's just not there for me.
Queen are going to tweak the likeness but I do agree, iron studios nailed the likeness
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 11:20 AM   #153
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1NG J0RDAN View Post
Mine came in from sideshow and a piece of the hair was broken. They were quick to arrange an exchange and she’s on her way back. Hopefully the next one is good!
Dang! That stinks. Glad they are hooking you up with a replacement. Hopefully next one is perfect!
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 12:35 AM   #154
built2shred
Phoenix

IMO the profile of the portrait looks nothing like ScarJo... From head on the likeness is not to bad but I'm a little surprised that Iron Studios didn't nail this one likeness wise... usually they excel at that....
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 04:15 AM   #155
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1NG J0RDAN View Post
Funny enough my BW box had a small piece of broken hair floating around in it. Having studied the piece, i cannot see any missing hair. I assume it could have pinged off another piece while it was being packed and into my BW box?
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 04:42 AM   #156
generalszabo

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
IMO the profile of the portrait looks nothing like ScarJo... From head on the likeness is not to bad but I'm a little surprised that Iron Studios didn't nail this one likeness wise... usually they excel at that....
I disagree, I think the portrait is probably the best yet, including queen. The hair looks a little bulky and rooted would prob be best for this look but the face looks great to me
Old 11-13-2021, 07:57 AM   #157
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I feel the same but we are definitely in the minority.

That said, everyone sees something different. Some love the QS version, some don't. Same with this one. No real right or wrong answer.

Sure amazing to have so many options for collectors to buy what fits best in their collection and what likeness they prefer more though. Love so much choice available on these characters. I don't think this i one is bad or anything, just don't hit home to me. Happy for those who like it and are happy with their purchase, at the end of the day that's the only thing that matters.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 08:11 AM   #158
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
I disagree, I think the portrait is probably the best yet, including queen. The hair looks a little bulky and rooted would prob be best for this look but the face looks great to me
Have to agree. Probably the best SJ likeness in 1/4 scale released so far. It would be good to see the Gentle Giant piece painted by the Iron Studio's factory.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 01:38 PM   #159
generalszabo

Having said that, I still ordered the white suit, have a space reserved next to this one

Attachment 143873
Old 11-19-2021, 09:07 AM   #160
BigMo
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

This has arrived down under, just got my invoice. Looking forward to adding her in the collection, The early reviews have been really positive.
BigMo is offline   Reply With Quote