Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 01-01-2023, 07:59 AM   #181
sabin23
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
dont really collect movie versions but at $458, free shipping and $40+ sideshow rewards, i have to get it.

from all the reviews it seems a very well made piece with good face paint app.

spent close to 5k already this holiday on sideshow, damn those discounts lol
$5K will only buy you one 1:1 bust.

I almost pulled the trigger but Iron Man 2 is not my favorite Black Widow portrayal - but I must admit this is one of the better ScarJo headsculpts.

Hoping to get a JND BW 1:3 version if JND ever gets the Marvel license.

Considered getting the Queen 1:4 Black Widow but the headsculpt left something to be desired - the eyes?
sabin23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2023, 08:23 AM   #182
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabin23 View Post
$5K will only buy you one 1:1 bust.

I almost pulled the trigger but Iron Man 2 is not my favorite Black Widow portrayal - but I must admit this is one of the better ScarJo headsculpts.

Hoping to get a JND BW 1:3 version if JND ever gets the Marvel license.

Considered getting the Queen 1:4 Black Widow but the headsculpt left something to be desired - the eyes?
I think the Queen spokesperson said Marvel/Disney doesn’t allow for any full female body statues from the movies to be made in 1/3 scale and up.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2023, 09:59 AM   #183
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I think the Queen spokesperson said Marvel/Disney doesn?t allow for any full female body statues from the movies to be made in 1/3 scale and up.
Wow, the House of Woke, discriminating against women, or men .....nothing surprises me anymore.

Does explain the general lack of decent statue figures from Marvel - unless you collect Ironman, Spider-Man or Hulk.....

It's a shame Disney doesn't like money....

I assume this stupid rule would apply to all I.P's owned by Disney - so Star Wars as well?
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 08:18 PM   #184
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

got her, the likeness and face paint app is amazing in person, cant seem to capture it on camera i tried many shots, but when looking at it in person it's very scarjo, i think they got her skin tone perfect too. Very happy with this piece.

gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 07:58 PM   #185
Underoos
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I think the Queen spokesperson said Marvel/Disney doesn?t allow for any full female body statues from the movies to be made in 1/3 scale and up.
I've always wondered why there are fewer Marvel 1/3 statues. Maybe this is why? Companies don't feel like it's worth to go in on that license when they can't make the women, too.

It's a shame. I'd love more Marvel statues at that scale. A 1/3 Scarlet Witch or Black Widow would sell like pancakes.
Underoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 04:34 AM   #186
Jiggatron69
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underoos View Post
I've always wondered why there are fewer Marvel 1/3 statues. Maybe this is why? Companies don't feel like it's worth to go in on that license when they can't make the women, too.

It's a shame. I'd love more Marvel statues at that scale. A 1/3 Scarlet Witch or Black Widow would sell like pancakes.
There are places you can buy 1/3 scale Marvel female figures that look amazing but these are not things the Jedi would tell you??
Jiggatron69 is offline   Reply With Quote