Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

View Poll Results: Will You Buy an XM & Legendary Beasts Studios 1:3 Gladiator (Kallark)
Yes 7 18.42%
No 31 81.58%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-27-2021, 10:40 AM   #31
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
I get that people have their favorite characters that don't get the attention of the popular ones. I love Terence Stamp's General Zod, but no companies are making statues of him so I have to go the custom route.

There are easily a couple dozen X-Men characters I can think of off the top of my head that would sell better than Gladiator at 1/3 scale. I'd love to see someone make a statue of him, but I don't see him selling well at any scale larger than 1/4. In terms of his popularity with the general public, it's non-existent. He hasn't been in any tv shows or movies so he's only on the radar of comic book readers. Cool sculpts only go so far attracting sales when you're talking about a $1500-2000 price tag.

Doesn't mean there won't be statues made of him, but I would suspect most companies would go for the easy sales and quick money of X-Men bread and butter characters--especially at 1/3 scale. Gladiator would have to be waaaay down the line if it happens at all.
He was part of the Dark Phoenix saga in the old animated series. I think watching him easily kick Juggernauts ass left a lasting impression with many viewers... myself included
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 09:20 AM   #32
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
He was part of the Dark Phoenix saga in the old animated series. I think watching him easily kick Juggernauts ass left a lasting impression with many viewers... myself included
It was awesome seeing Gladiator on the animated show, but that was twenty-seven years ago in 1994. I'm talking about the character not being in the new shows and movies so there's nothing current to get the hype up for the character for people to spend $1500-2000 on it. Fox didn't even put Gladiator in the last X-Men movie about the Phoenix Force, and it was the perfect opportunity to do it.

He's a great character who I'd love to see get the statue treatment, but 1/3 scale is a bit of a reach considering the cost. They might sell a few to hard-core X-Men fans, but a ton of people would complain about a slot being wasted when there are other much more popular characters that people want on their shelves.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 09:27 AM   #33
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
It was awesome seeing Gladiator on the animated show, but that was twenty-seven years ago in 1994. I'm talking about the character not being in the new shows and movies so there's nothing current to get the hype up for the character for people to spend $1500-2000 on it. Fox didn't even put Gladiator in the last X-Men movie about the Phoenix Force, and it was the perfect opportunity to do it.

He's a great character who I'd love to see get the statue treatment, but 1/3 scale is a bit of a reach considering the cost. They might sell a few to hard-core X-Men fans, but a ton of people would complain about a slot being wasted when there are other much more popular characters that people want on their shelves.
LOL, I agree with you... no need for the essay I was just pointing out that he was in the TV series.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote