Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 10-09-2021, 05:33 AM   #1
austintheng
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Rising Cost of future XM Statues / collectible statues in general

This is with recent news from XM stating that from now on, all statues price would be increased because of the rising production cost from the factories.

Increased by how much? It's unsure as the actual amount wasn't stated or commented.

What are your thoughts on this?

I feel this is quite sad to hear. We are all in a difficult times now with the global pandemic still on-going, we are seeing inflation in almost everywhere and everything, especially global shipping cost has risen so much now. With this increased price of statues, it'll be harder to collect, unless you are super rich and you do lots and lots of investment to financially keep up in the statue collecting game.

Would current collectors be able to keep up, and would this turn off newer collectors from now on?
austintheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 06:47 AM   #2
LiquidsGold
Frackin!

This hobby was never cheap, anyone who either wants to jump in or is already collecting has to accept that first before anything. I think it’ll make people chose a lot more carefully which piece to pickup but this news makes sense.
LiquidsGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 07:05 AM   #3
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidsGold View Post
This hobby was never cheap, anyone who either wants to jump in or is already collecting has to accept that first before anything. I think it’ll make people chose a lot more carefully which piece to pickup but this news makes sense.
This is my thoughts too.

Never cheap, and I'm a fairly new collector, knew what I was getting into.

I think people need to keep priorities in check, this is a hobby and due to unforeseen circumstances (aka a pandemic) the cost on this is going to get even more expensive. Yes, it will certainly price some people out but to be frank, that's already the case. I already see people complain "I love Apocalypse but this is too expensive". I'm not disagreeing with them, it is, but it's also a luxury item. If it's too much, it's a simple "don't buy" at that point.

If it wasn't already, it's time to be very picky and choosy on what pieces to pick up. There's tons of pieces I love but admire from afar, just can't get everything I like or I'd be broke lol!
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 08:00 AM   #4
Asgard
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

That's my plan too.

Select a lot more. What I do not like 100% or which is too expensive will not be bought.
That's why I canceled the Tweeterhead Ivy. I don't compromise anymore

And XM doesn't get any money from me at the moment. I don't like the current statues or the statues don't fit into my collection area and their strange licensing.
Seen in this way, XM is already making sure that I don't buy an XM statue
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 08:02 AM   #5
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post
Seen in this way, XM is already making sure that I don't buy an XM statue
Ok, will let everyone know for the XM Red Hood Samurai 1/4 Statue.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 08:05 AM   #6
Asgard
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
Ok, will let everyone know for the XM Red Hood Samurai 1/4 Statue.
And Cable and Samurai Batwoman

But I wanted Zatanna, Wonder Woman, Psylocke, Supergirl, X-23, ...
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 10:05 AM   #7
jeremydmc
Black Panther

I only have XM's 1:6 Mera and Aquaman. They look amazing. Mera was a slight price increase of $60 over Aquaman. But the newer crop of 1:6 are nearly $200 more already.

Don't even get me started on the train wreck that is XM's Supergirl. The ever changing head sculpt and the scale changes.

They finally had her face perfect in 1:6 after the complaints that she looked too old. I was all set to PO, and then they changed her to 1:4 and I said OK I'll bite at that scale as well. Then they went back to the crappy original head sculpt that pretty much no one liked. Now they are putting more makeup on her to try and fix it.

The definition of putting lipstick on a pig!
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 12:17 PM   #8
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Get in where you fit in. Collecting high end statues isn't for everyone bank account.
IronLungs31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 12:34 PM   #9
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

I am not surprised of the rising costs. It just seems like the period we are in. I am just being more selective and getting the pieces I REALLY want.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 12:51 PM   #10
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

If I'm not mistaken, but didn't Sideshow just go up $5 on all their product? How much of an increase are we talking about? I'm going to assume just a like every other business. It will be a small increase for inflation.
IronLungs31 is offline   Reply With Quote