Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 04-09-2013, 12:25 PM   #31
DarkKni9hT
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batwing View Post
I hate it when people think the original X-Men costumes were black and yellow (and cooler) when they're really BLUE and yellow, shading be damned!!!

I dare anyone to explain how that's black?!!!!
I'll pick up that gauntlet. You see, back in the day, when comics were first able to be printed in colour, there were a few problems and limitations involved in the process. Chiefly, too much black in a scene, due to the crappy four colour separation method, would lead to very murky, unreadable pages. As a solution, many places where things were meant to be black were recoloured with blue (as dark as possible) used to denote the highlights of the object in question and heavy black spotting to indicate the shadowed areas. Because it was quite a long time before comics caught up to the rest of the printing world, people just became used to the blues replacing blacks, and it became normal to assume that blue was the intended colour. Aside from the X-Men, Batman is the prime example of this. He was always meant to be garbed in grey with black cape, boots and gloves. However, due to the length of time he spent trapped in the four colour process, it has become natural for people to view him as dressed in grey and blue.

Does that explain it?
DarkKni9hT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:05 PM   #32
Teague
Iron Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKni9hT View Post
I'll pick up that gauntlet. You see, back in the day, when comics were first able to be printed in colour, there were a few problems and limitations involved in the process. Chiefly, too much black in a scene, due to the crappy four colour separation method, would lead to very murky, unreadable pages. As a solution, many places where things were meant to be black were recoloured with blue (as dark as possible) used to denote the highlights of the object in question and heavy black spotting to indicate the shadowed areas. Because it was quite a long time before comics caught up to the rest of the printing world, people just became used to the blues replacing blacks, and it became normal to assume that blue was the intended colour. Aside from the X-Men, Batman is the prime example of this. He was always meant to be garbed in grey with black cape, boots and gloves. However, due to the length of time he spent trapped in the four colour process, it has become natural for people to view him as dressed in grey and blue.

Does that explain it?
Yes, except that I now prefer Batman in blue.

Also, the various other media support this, even outside the four-color process--Batman is blue on Superfriends, for example, and that's just plain on purpose.

But it's a good point, and I'm sort of kidding, but I do think it brings up an important point about costumes, etc. It's more about what we grew up thinking than what was meant to be, you know? Reminds me of the Moon Knight costume debate when that Bowen FS was coming out. Yeah, the original costume was supposed to be silver, but it looked white. When I bought that statue, I wanted the white one for sure, even though it wasn't what was intended--it was what I remembered.
Teague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:57 PM   #33
Submissive421
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Lots of Facebook hate. I can see why. I only use it for information or when I enter for giveaways. Hey like our page and share it on your page to have another chance of winning!!!! After the contest is over I stop liking the page to get away from their posts. Also what is it with people constantly posting pics of their kid and posting 20 a day.

Also think pepperoni is gross....and onions
Submissive421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:00 PM   #34
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
I hate texting - bugs me to no end. People who know me know that if they text me, I won't even bother reading it. Call, you lazy putz.
Pretty much word for word what I was going to post.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:09 PM   #35
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
I hate texting - bugs me to no end. People who know me know that if they text me, I won't even bother reading it. Call, you lazy putz.
I'm on the opposite side of this fence. I'd rather people text me. I'll decide if it's worthy of a call and I'd prefer not getting calls when I'm busy doing other things and then if they leave a voice mail it's even more of a hassle. Texts are easy to read and ignore if I want, especially if it's just an FYI. You're the lazy putz. LOL
Old 04-09-2013, 06:33 PM   #36
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

yellow cheese. Can't stand american or cheddar. I can do mozz and monty jack but that is about it and not too excessive. When we get nachos, we have to get the cheese on the side so we can control how much is put on and where. My wife is cooking an egg casserole tonight and there is a section for me with no cheese.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:35 PM   #37
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
I'm on the opposite side of this fence. I'd rather people text me. I'll decide if it's worthy of a call and I'd prefer not getting calls when I'm busy doing other things and then if they leave a voice mail it's even more of a hassle. Texts are easy to read and ignore if I want, especially if it's just an FYI. You're the lazy putz. LOL
exactly, I hate talking on the phone. would much rather get a text I can read in 3 seconds then have to have some stupid blathery conversation for 15 minutes to say the same damn thing
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:18 PM   #38
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Can't stand texting. It's for 16 year old school girls

And when I am forced to text, that predictive thing drives me mental

And I really hate those trendy, over-sized wide brimmed base ball caps that teenagers seem to love these days. I don't what they're called, but they just look stupid. And those oversized white framed sunglasses they usually wear with them.

Actually, now that I think about it . . . I hate teenagers as well.
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:20 PM   #39
Batwing
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teague View Post
Yes, except that I now prefer Batman in blue.

Also, the various other media support this, even outside the four-color process--Batman is blue on Superfriends, for example, and that's just plain on purpose.

But it's a good point, and I'm sort of kidding, but I do think it brings up an important point about costumes, etc. It's more about what we grew up thinking than what was meant to be, you know? Reminds me of the Moon Knight costume debate when that Bowen FS was coming out. Yeah, the original costume was supposed to be silver, but it looked white. When I bought that statue, I wanted the white one for sure, even though it wasn't what was intended--it was what I remembered.
I agree, I prefer Batman in blue, too.

It may have been intended to be black at the beginning, with blue 'highlights' (like black hair having blue highlights in comics), but it definitely changed over time to blue.

Batwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:26 PM   #40
tedmic
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
classic rock.

warm weather (i would much rather it be cool and overcast)

steak (i wouldnt say "hate" but i really dont like it)

pretty much any kind of soda. after not drinking it for some time you just learn to dislike the stuff.

coffee, tea, or any other hot drink. drinks are meant to be cold!
I feel so sorry for you!
tedmic is offline   Reply With Quote