Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 04-15-2016, 10:07 AM   #1
Grayfox117
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Fear Effect Sedna

I remember loving Fear Effect & Fear Effect Retro Helix for the original PlayStation (I still have them put away). The games were a mix of cell shaded graphics , futuristic anime setting and adult themes. Along with a unique play mechanic, in which there was a fear meter that increases according to how you play . Faster random button smashing would equate to you being scared, thus filling the meter and lowering your health basically. I always wanted a new sequel and it looks like its finally happening

Fear Effect
https://youtu.be/Yj3SxkC783A

Fear Effect 2 Retro Helix
https://youtu.be/U9RjVbC0YFE

Fear Effect Sedna
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...r-effect-sedna
Grayfox117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 12:57 PM   #2
vinnnie
Luke Cage

Nice! Wow, how I loved the first game (second one was good but not as great as the first one IMO). Loved the plot twists and been thinking of replaying it but I havent got an sdtv anymore... always hoping it would get a HD treatment.
vinnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 01:30 PM   #3
Grayfox117

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnnie View Post
Nice! Wow, how I loved the first game (second one was good but not as great as the first one IMO). Loved the plot twists and been thinking of replaying it but I havent got an sdtv anymore... always hoping it would get a HD treatment.

So far they say it PC and Mac only. Hopefully they decide to port for consoles , at least PS4 since they were PS games..
These two are great candidates for an HD remaster I imagine if the new one is a success they might do that.
You can play the originals using any PS3 if I'm not mistaken. The backwards compatibility for PS2 games was removed but PS1 still work if I remember correctly. So you can play on HDTV .

Edit :
http://community.us.playstation.com/.../td-p/30969551
Old 04-15-2016, 02:02 PM   #4
vinnnie
Luke Cage

Never owned a ps3 (gave microsoft a try back then) but I still have a ps2 slim which can play ps1 games. But they look horrible on a hdtv. Would be nice if 1 and 2 were offered on psn store. Do it Sony!
Old 04-15-2016, 02:46 PM   #5
Grayfox117

I'm anti digital lol. I prefer to have a physical copy even if it cost more. The fact that I can keep it , sell it , borrow it or just give it away is satisfying. Not to mention I collect games. The only digital games I get, are free downloads. I want to pick up Heavy Rain and Beyond Two souls remasters but they are only digital in US so I'm going to have to import the UK combo pack version. Damn OCD
Old 04-15-2016, 03:23 PM   #6
vinnnie
Luke Cage

Same here man. Nothing like old skool physical games even though my collection is taking up quite some space and most games I havent touch in decades. Absolutely hate games you cant actually own forever. Only paid for two digital games so far but both I already own in physical form. First being Jet Set Radio (have the dreamcast version since it came out but had to replay it in HD on Xbox 360), second being FF7 (ps4).

Buying games digital only feels like wasting money; I cannot seem to understand why my oldest son spends money on iPad games (well ok, those games are only in digital form). Same as with dlc.

Never gonna buy dlc, I rather wait till a physical version comes out with the dlc included.