Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 06-16-2015, 01:31 AM   #1
TheYoungWolf
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Dishonored 2

It's happening! It's really happening! Dishonored is easily one of my favorite games of the last generation, and quite possibly even one of my favorite games of all time. The sequel has finally been confirmed, and I couldn't be more excited. Plenty of features and key-component reveals to tide fans over as well.

E3 Cinematic Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnsDyv-TtJg

The story apparently takes place in the coastal city of Karnaca, a rapidly developing metropolis on Serkonos; the island most notable for being the birthplace of the first game's protagonist, Corvo.

Several years after the first game ends, technology has advanced even further beyond Dunwall's distinctive industrialism and Emily Kaldwin has lost her position as Empress to an "otherworldly usurper," by means that have yet to be revealed. The game will allow players to choose between playing as Corvo, or Lady Emily herself after having received powers from the Outsider. It's been said that your choice will be locked in from the very beginning (as opposed to a mission-by-mission swap), and I presume the narrative unfolds differently depending on who you decide to go with.

Both offer varying abilities and play-styles that may be more, or less, suitable for any give mission and/or player. Emily's skill set is showcased in the trailer, and she appears to have more physical, aggressive properties to her powers (that look kick***!). Nothing of Corvo has been shown just yet, but it's safe to assume that his powers will consist largely of what we have experienced thus far with a few probable inclusions/additions.

I'm doubtful, but it'd be awesome to see Chloe Grace-Moretz reprise her role as Emily for the game.

TheYoungWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 07:11 AM   #2
Swordsman
Death is hereditary.

I love the 1st game..

Lady Emily. wow. I wondered what kind of powers does she have ?

Does Corvo have voice acting finally ?
Swordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 03:10 PM   #3
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

E3 2016 Trailer

So stoked for this game that I ordered the CE immediately. Absolutely LOVED the original.

Also, if you pre-order you get a code for the first game and all DLC free. Good deal for those new to the series.

I understand the sequel takes place 15 years after the first and yes, Corvo speaks.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNFtACeifcU

Gameplay Demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdFhpalkgVo
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 03:48 PM   #4
Python
Omega Red

I have the first in my steam list of shame (unplayed games) I bought it pretty much when it released as well. I really should get around to playing it as I've heard nothing but good things...
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 04:02 PM   #5
Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
I have the first in my steam list of shame (unplayed games) I bought it pretty much when it released as well. I really should get around to playing it as I've heard nothing but good things...
I know the feeling. My backlog of games is legendary.

Definitely give this one a shot though. You got til November before the sequel drops.
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 05:52 PM   #6
MrJones

I played the first, either got it on sale or a free game of the month. Either way I liked it but didn't lose my mind or anything, I'm sure this will be good too.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote