Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 10-01-2015, 12:35 PM   #21
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
If your comparisons to Disney are only on the 1.0 and maybe even some of 2.0 then yeah, you're completely right about the boring and lacking story mode. However, in 3.0 (the introduction of Star Wars) they really went all out in making sure each Play Set had a great campaign mode. I can't speak to much else since I have no experience with Dimensions, but I think the comparisons that are going to be made out there from reviewers will be on Dimensions and Infinity 3.0.
Yeah; I haven't tried 3.0 and wont pay to do so being once bitten twice shy; also because my kids don't love Star Wars.

Having said that it drove me banana's, and frustrated my kids to no end that you cannot play with any character in any playset. Gamora is my one daughter's absolute favourite MCU character. Why oh why can she not use Gamora to run around NYC with the Avengers in that playset Disney Interactive? I, or at least my co-worker, paid for the game and I bought the GotG... wtf?!?!? Is that game not supposed to be all about having fun and free imagination? I know characters can be thrown together in the "toy box" but that was a mundane and pointless experience.

I'm glad to hear that 3.0 improved on the campaign/playset experience as they were beyond lame before. The playsets typically consisted of finding and carrying batteries back to a location, races and clearing out a handful of bad guys,over, and over and over again.

If we invested in 3.0 I doubt that Elsa would be able to join the battle for Hoth and as such I have to be out
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 03:38 PM   #22
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
Yeah; I haven't tried 3.0 and wont pay to do so being once bitten twice shy; also because my kids don't love Star Wars.
How is this possible?! It's gotta be bad parenting.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 08:33 AM   #23
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
How is this possible?! It's gotta be bad parenting.
trust me; my best buddy and my wife's even had an "intervention" to try and get them onside to no avail!
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 05:01 PM   #24
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Best Buy has a bunch of the Infinity figures on sale for $9.99 or $7.99 if you're a GC member.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/sa...MotBQh7TzhF.OQ

I'm making my move on the Star Wars ones.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 08:47 AM   #25
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
Best Buy has a bunch of the Infinity figures on sale for $9.99 or $7.99 if you're a GC member.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/sa...MotBQh7TzhF.OQ

I'm making my move on the Star Wars ones.
"Good...good... let your obsession flow through you."

My obsession on display:

Old 10-21-2015, 11:05 AM   #26
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Lebou View Post
I like the idea of Lego Dimensions but it comes with Lego prices which, IMO are rather inflated for what you get!
and you say this coming from items that are released from Disney? That's Rather Rich - no pun intended - don't you think? They are the King of ripping people off!

Quote:
While there is certainly an impressive amount of licenses involved I could take or leave more than half of them.
and you complain about someone's parenting skill's because their kid does not like SW yet you are willing to leave move than half of what could be classified as essential geek/nerd musts?

Quote:
So more simplistic and less versatility always equals more fun? Not following that logic.
where did I say that?

I have finished the main story of Dimensions and it is great, not simple combat as you are led to believe
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 12:45 PM   #27
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_division View Post
and you complain about someone's parenting skill's because their kid does not like SW yet you are willing to leave move than half of what could be classified as essential geek/nerd musts?
I think it's pretty clear I was joking. No one was "complaining". Since you brought it up however, yes I do think Star Wars is the quintessential "geek/nerd must". I love properties like DC, LotR and BttF but they simply aren't as high of a priority for me. So yes, in this house the kids will be taught the ways of the Force before they know what a flux capacitor is.

Quote:
where did I say that?
Seems implied when you say things like:

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_division View Post
LEGO has always been about fun so ofcourse don't expect X X X Y moves.
Lego is always about "fun" but don't expect anything as complex as hitting a combination of two buttons more than one time? Having a jump button, a punch button and maybe an interact button is as simplistic as control layouts get. Infinity isn't complex, but how you approach combat and world building is at least creative.

Last edited by Luminous; 10-21-2015 at 01:29 PM.
Old 10-21-2015, 04:36 PM   #28
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
My obsession on display:
Looks good! Wonder which characters are on deck next? Actually I know that TFA characters are next, but I'm referring more to follow ups to these. I hope they do the droids as well as Hera and Chopper to finish out the Rebels crew.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 05:41 PM   #29
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

Quote:

Seems implied when you say things like:

Lego is always about "fun" but don't expect anything as complex as hitting a combination of two buttons more than one time? Having a jump button, a punch button and maybe an interact button is as simplistic as control layouts get. Infinity isn't complex, but how you approach combat and world building is at least creative.
Implied but never said...

Lego Dimensions is so much more than a control pad game - of any diffulcty. You cannot play it without interacting throughout the whole game - You cannot even build the vehicles (much to some fans annoyance) without playing the game! And yes, The Batman/Scarecrow scene was brilliant Plus as a bonus, Gary Oldman voices the big bad boss
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 10:14 PM   #30
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
Looks good! Wonder which characters are on deck next? Actually I know that TFA characters are next, but I'm referring more to follow ups to these. I hope they do the droids as well as Hera and Chopper to finish out the Rebels crew.
At first I thought the droids would be no brainers to turn into figures, but then I started thinking about C-3PO in game. How would combat even work for that guy? Would probably be slow as hell and talk his enemies to death using his super combo of over six million languages.

Hera is a must. I am actually surprised she wasn't included in this first wave. The Inquisitor would also be welcome. I know Darth Maul is right around the corner, but this line needs some more baddies from SW. Palpatine, Grievous and Dooku need to happen. Man, would love to see some Clone Troopers as well.... oh man.... Disney has me by the balls.