Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 09-19-2021, 04:31 PM   #21
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Kyle Rayner, Swamp Thing and Supergirl will be insta PO’s got me at 1:6.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 04:49 PM   #22
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Agreed. I meant the general idea if they will make competing pieces at all, moving forward.
I prefer Tweeterhead for cost and aesthetic, but Zatanna makes it a little tricky. I imagine they have one in the works somewhere, but I really like the XM one.

Competition and options are good, but I hope they don't undercut Tweeterhead with announcements that drop 3-4 years before statues ship. Now we know there's a 1/6 XM Bane (probably), but it could be many years.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 04:53 PM   #23
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
I prefer Tweeterhead for cost and aesthetic, but Zatanna makes it a little tricky. I imagine they have one in the works somewhere, but I really like the XM one.

Competition and options are good, but I hope they don't undercut Tweeterhead with announcements that drop 3-4 years before statues ship. Now we know there's a 1/6 XM Bane (probably), but it could be many years.
It may all be licensor dependent too.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 05:09 PM   #24
CapTrenchcoat
Mephisto

I wondering if there's a worldwide license now, will Sideshow be able to distribute these?
CapTrenchcoat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 05:19 PM   #25
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapTrenchcoat View Post
I wondering if there's a worldwide license now, will Sideshow be able to distribute these?
Rebirth 1/6 was already worldwide and they didn't, so who knows.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 05:54 PM   #26
Ateon
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
Since you mention videogames, it used to cost about 10% to add an additional platform and would increase sales about 40%. No brainer if you didn't have Sony or Microsoft paying to cover the difference. Not a perfect comparison for statues (especially with factories involved), but seems like a win win.
Well to continue the video-games analogy: rather often than not cross platform games on PC did have higher resolution and framerate. But at the same time controls and UI were simply copypasted from consoles. Therefore diminishing pros PC had as a platform.

Will second what has been mentioned in above posts - TH has my undivided attention and will be my 1st choice. Unless XM version will be hands down superior. Because: TH has better face sculpts, more diverse price policy (there are premium products at top price but they also hear their fans and promise not to get carried away), is constantly in contact with the community providing timely updates, produces truly unique pieces not cloned in other scales.
Ateon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 08:02 PM   #27
slow17motion
The Spirit

This post couldn't be more incorrect. Tweeterhead's statues, thus far (until the new line) have been mostly stylized and unrealistic. I have many of their 1:6 statues and they are FAR inferior in quality to XM. Yes, they are cheaper, but there is a very good reason for this.

Second, Tweeterhead is NOTORIOUS for copying other statue companies. Their 1:6 Supes was a copy of the OG Superman PF from Sideshow. Their 1:6 GL was a copy of the OG GL PF from Sideshow. Even with their new line, the new 1:6 Superman is just a copy of the 1:3 Iron Studios Superman (without his hand raised). Tweeterhead is in NO WAY original, in fact, they may copy more than any other company out there.

Timely updates? Chad would outright lie about Facebook video times. They'd say they'd show the design process of Hawkgirl and never mentioned it again. They'd promise updates and never deliver them for months at a time.

Finally, their customer service is notoriously bad. The Superman fiasco took years to fix. Robin's statue, with the exclusive base, was sold on an outright lie, revised no less than three times, and they still didn't manage to make good on it with everyone.

TH has some good stuff and competitive pricing, but they are NOT in the same league as XM, as far as quality is concerned, and they have a long way to go before earning my trust back. I refuse to order from them directly, counting on Sideshow to protect me from their bad business practices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ateon View Post
Well to continue the video-games analogy: rather often than not cross platform games on PC did have higher resolution and framerate. But at the same time controls and UI were simply copypasted from consoles. Therefore diminishing pros PC had as a platform.

Will second what has been mentioned in above posts - TH has my undivided attention and will be my 1st choice. Unless XM version will be hands down superior. Because: TH has better face sculpts, more diverse price policy (there are premium products at top price but they also hear their fans and promise not to get carried away), is constantly in contact with the community providing timely updates, produces truly unique pieces not cloned in other scales.
slow17motion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 08:34 PM   #28
Ateon
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow17motion View Post
This post couldn't be more incorrect. Tweeterhead's statues, thus far (until the new line) have been mostly stylized and unrealistic. I have many of their 1:6 statues and they are FAR inferior in quality to XM. Yes, they are cheaper, but there is a very good reason for this.

Second, Tweeterhead is NOTORIOUS for copying other statue companies. Their 1:6 Supes was a copy of the OG Superman PF from Sideshow. Their 1:6 GL was a copy of the OG GL PF from Sideshow. Even with their new line, the new 1:6 Superman is just a copy of the 1:3 Iron Studios Superman (without his hand raised). Tweeterhead is in NO WAY original, in fact, they may copy more than any other company out there.

Timely updates? Chad would outright lie about Facebook video times. They'd say they'd show the design process of Hawkgirl and never mentioned it again. They'd promise updates and never deliver them for months at a time.

Finally, their customer service is notoriously bad. The Superman fiasco took years to fix. Robin's statue, with the exclusive base, was sold on an outright lie, revised no less than three times, and they still didn't manage to make good on it with everyone.

TH has some good stuff and competitive pricing, but they are NOT in the same league as XM, as far as quality is concerned, and they have a long way to go before earning my trust back. I refuse to order from them directly, counting on Sideshow to protect me from their bad business practices.
To each his own.

I’ve had enough of XM with their communication about the future of 1/6 line (i.e. silence other than cryptic “the line will continue in some form - you just wait”).

They delayed for almost a year shipping of 1/6 Catwoman + managed to change her face sculpt (which initially played a huge part in my decision to order the piece). And now I either go on with buying a product which is long since overdue and considerably less attractive for me due to implemented change or lose money on PO.

Their customer service provided me back in February 2020 an incorrect information about delivery overseas which encouraged me to place a fully pre-paid PO directly with them. Cause was willing to save some money.
In December 2020 when it was shipping time for Batman they suddenly realized that cannot deliver to my place.
I have forwarded them their email in which they initially said otherwise. It took 1,5 month to clarify the situation. Eventually they returned me PO money. But by that time my POs were already sold out everywhere.
So I had to hunt Ebay and instead of saving on PO overpaid aftermarket prices.

As for TH quality - their Joker blew XM version out of the water. And is simply one of the best versions of the character regardless of a scale.
And that is just 1st premium piece from their new line.
Ateon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 08:37 PM   #29
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

In any case...I'm interested to see what they come up with. I'm still rolling with TH for now, but if I see something I like from XM then I wouldn't have a problem picking it up over what TH puts out. ...as long as the aesthetic and scale are close enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ateon View Post
As for TH quality - their Joker blew XM version out of the water. And is simply one of the best versions of the character regardless of a scale.
And that is just 1st premium piece from their new line.
Both of their recent Jokers blew XM's out of the water.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 09:33 PM   #30
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
Both of their recent Jokers blew XM's out of the water.
Haha, I was just going to add that before your edit
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote