Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 10-12-2021, 03:41 AM   #41
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I think it's part of the separation process. Especially if the ending is less than amicable. For people who quit because they've reached a certain level of satisfaction in what they have, don't (IMHO) sell everything.....but people who quit due to some percieved frustration seem to want all trace of the offending hobby gone from their lives.

I think it makes sense.
That could be the case with some people.

I know I've quit a lot of collecting hobbies and as a result sold or donated everything. It wasn't out of frustration... well, past the stuff taking up valuable living space. It was just time to move on and the items were in the way. It was a good feeling to get some extra cash (that's always welcomed) or to see the joy in someone enjoying the items like I used to (also always welcomed).
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 11:00 AM   #42
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I think it's part of the separation process. Especially if the ending is less than amicable. For people who quit because they've reached a certain level of satisfaction in what they have, don't (IMHO) sell everything.....but people who quit due to some percieved frustration seem to want all trace of the offending hobby gone from their lives.

I think it makes sense.
it does make sense, just seems like it would be really depressing lol - all of it for nothing
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 11:28 AM   #43
Davidian
Omega Flight

The rising prices have certainly made me look at what I have and want to refocus my collection. Before I pre-ordered the XM Apoc, the most expensive statue I own is the XM Darkness. Since I'm a huge Darkness fan, and knowing this would probably be the only 1/4 scale Darkness statue out there, I bit the bullet. He's massive and I don't regret buying him at all, but with the price of shipping, Apoc will be $1800-ish dollars (if tax isn't thrown into the mix), and that's just nuts. I only have a couple other characters that I really want in a good quality 1/4 scale form, and then I think I can stop buying all together and focus on other things. I just wish I would have refocused my collection a lot sooner and sold off the stuff I don't want/need before eBay became a cesspool of scammers.
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote