Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 05-01-2018, 05:55 PM   #1
Python
Omega Red

Star Wars: Episode 1 Racer Re-released 1080p (PC)

This has just made my day!! One of my very favorite games from my childhood has finally been re-released in a working (and polished) state. After years of tinkering with iffy mods and barely getting parts of it to run, GOG have listened and given us an official and stable version again. I've never spent £6 quicker in my life..... Enjoy!

https://www.gog.com/game/star_wars_episode_i_racer

Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 06:10 PM   #2
qz33
Rescue

This is actually a really fun game perhaps in spite of the movie for some.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 06:11 PM   #3
Python
Omega Red

It's one of the best movie tie in games ever made imo. I'm so happy it's back. I just hope it holds up well, I'll report back tomorrow...
Old 05-02-2018, 09:38 PM   #4
qz33
Rescue

Looking forward to hear.
Old 05-03-2018, 11:38 AM   #5
Python
Omega Red

Well I've completed it and had a lot of fun. It runs mostly fine with a few none game breaking issues that you might expect from such an old title. 80% of the time after finishing a race for example, it jarringly and quickly cuts back to the race selection screen rather than having the normal camera chase scene with all of the lap times etc while the other racers finish. An annoyance but it's better than not running at all. There is one section on the snow planet where I've been randomly blowing up every lap weirdly. But over all it's been fun. For £6 or your equivalent, this is definitely worth a buy for the nostalgia alone. I am happy to report however that despite it's obviously dated graphics, it really doesn't look that bad due to how fast you're traveling, and the game play is as fun as ever.

Only setting up the Xbox controller to my exact preferences is proving frustrating. I need to play around again to figure out which axes need inverting etc. It does work however.
Old 05-04-2018, 12:30 AM   #6
qz33
Rescue

Cool. Maybe they iron out the few bugs.

Thats what I remember most about the game; the speed. It was awesome. Few racing games really get that feeling to come across.

I usually hate racers but my other favorite racing games are the Wipeout series and Trickstyle on the Dreamcast... so yeah.