Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics > The Mighty Reviews

Old 12-07-2006, 05:39 PM   #11
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecallahan View Post
A couple of things, did anyone else besides me pick up the new Gail Simone book, Tranquility?

And also, any chance the Planet Hulk storyline will be relesased in oversized HC? I'd say it's the perfect story for said treatment but you never know.

And thanks for the review of New Universal, I think i'll go pick that up this weekand.
C,I picked up tranquility but haven't read it yet. Planet Hulk has not been announced for HC yet, but you never know. And WORD fellas on New Universal...
Sam Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 10:23 PM   #12
whd
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana P. View Post
Marvel has stated that Planet Hulk is definitely slated for oversized hardcover. But it hasn't been solicited yet.
They'll probably release a set of Premiere HC and trades first. Usually the oversized HC comes out at least year after the original comics are published. That way they can get some people to buy the same story in 3 different formats, since each version is nicer than the one before.
whd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 09:39 AM   #13
thecallahan
THE HUGGERNAUT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whd View Post
They'll probably release a set of Premiere HC and trades first. Usually the oversized HC comes out at least year after the original comics are published. That way they can get some people to buy the same story in 3 different formats, since each version is nicer than the one before.
That's fine by me. As long as they tell me it's coming out, I'll gladly wait for the oversized HC. I'm addicted to them
thecallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 11:13 AM   #14
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecallahan View Post
That's fine by me. As long as they tell me it's coming out, I'll gladly wait for the oversized HC. I'm addicted to them
Ditto!
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 11:20 AM   #15
rychehitman
Galactus

Great reviews guys!

For anyone that is interested, there is a 10-page preview of Spider-Man:Reign #1 over at the 'Rama....(Hope the link works)

http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/reign/preview.html

This issue of Hulk was really well done. It was great to get some insight into the anger the Hulk has inside for those that banished him to outer space. The fact that he is getting stronger is scary! Great scene where he "got what he came for"!

I always liked the New Universe. I was going to pass on this newuniversal, but I might check it out now!
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 11:22 AM   #16
thecallahan
THE HUGGERNAUT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rychehitman View Post
This issue of Hulk was really well done. It was great to get some insight into the anger the Hulk has inside for those that banished him to outer space. The fact that he is getting stronger is scary! Great scene where he "got what he came for"!
The really scary part about the Hulk is he's already the strongest person in the Marvel U, making him even stronger is just down right horrifying.
thecallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 11:35 AM   #17
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

He was weakened, though, passing through the worm hole that brought him to this planet. I assumed he's been getting stronger to get back to his original level. But maybe he'll move even past that!
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 02:35 PM   #18
Jesse321
Galactus

Great reviews as usual guys.

Sam .. so Manhunter hasn't been canceled?
Jesse321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 02:39 PM   #19
rilynil
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

"Stunned" is how I would describe my reaction to "Spider-Man: Reign." At first, the overt homage/theft of the Dark Knight Returns bugged me, and I was sure I had decided I didn't like it. But the more I read, the more the comic got under my skin. This is one dark, depressing comic, but an indeniably gripping one. At the end of the day, here are the two basic questions I ask myself when deciding if I like a comic: "Do I want to read it again? Do I want to read more of the story?" The answer in both cases here is an overwhelming "Yes."
rilynil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 02:56 PM   #20
Kdawg59
Sculptor of Gods
ProducerSculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rilynil View Post
"Stunned" is how I would describe my reaction to "Spider-Man: Reign." At first, the overt homage/theft of the Dark Knight Returns bugged me, and I was sure I had decided I didn't like it. But the more I read, the more the comic got under my skin. This is one dark, depressing comic, but an indeniably gripping one. At the end of the day, here are the two basic questions I ask myself when deciding if I like a comic: "Do I want to read it again? Do I want to read more of the story?" The answer in both cases here is an overwhelming "Yes."
I couldn't agree more... I hated it and yet loved it at the same time... I was in shock, but wanted to read more and figure things out!