Old 06-11-2014, 10:37 PM   #2
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

NIIIIce
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 10:55 PM   #3
TheStig88
The X-Men

Dayyyum, look at those legs. Will definitely be keeping an eye on this one.
TheStig88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 01:32 AM   #4
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Again, nice sexy study of the female form........but!

I personally wouldn't buy it because in nearly every aspect as a character study it's ridiculous. So she's an assassin, why is she half naked? She's clearly expecting to be involved in physical violence, where is her most basic body protection? And for the love of god, when will these sculptors realise that high heeled shoes (on everything), aside from being massively impractical for the practice of walking, let alone stealth, is just down right......well, cheap!

I get it, sex sells, but there's so many ways in which a woman can look sexy without literally looking like a 1980's L.A. street hooker!

In my opinion, as a sculpt, 10/10, as a character study, complete fail! And it's a shame, as the sculptor has shown he has all the skills required to pull off a good statue!
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 02:57 AM   #5
Spec Fiction
Speculative Fiction

Just make up a story.... She's had worked a target for many months and finally she is ready for the kill. It was after a romantic dinner where she dressed In a scantily clad outfit which was perfectly arousing/distracting to her target. She attacks at the moment her target is most vulnerable.

There done. I guess it makes more sense in the sitting down concept art. Anyways I'm just playing the devils advocate here haha. Not really serious but I mean, ya can't take things too seriously in this hobby. Well I'm being subjective I suppose.
Old 06-12-2014, 03:46 AM   #6
richardandtracy
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Side-side bend of left wrist looks a bit beyond normal limits, impractical position of right arm to get any force in the stab (biceps stronger than triceps). This is a dancer, not an assassin, doing a knife dance.

So, you get on to the question, is she realistic as a dancer? Well, have you seen the general build of dancers? They tend to be more athletic and the exercise tends to reduce fat deposits. The legs are appropriately sculpted & muscled, but rarely do they have such ample chests. So, not too convincing there either.

I wish I could say otherwise, but I don't think this is a great figure even though it is 'quite nice'.

Regards,

Richard
richardandtracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 04:17 AM   #7
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec Fiction View Post
Just make up a story.... She's had worked a target for many months and finally she is ready for the kill. It was after a romantic dinner where she dressed In a scantily clad outfit which was perfectly arousing/distracting to her target. She attacks at the moment her target is most vulnerable.

There done. I guess it makes more sense in the sitting down concept art. Anyways I'm just playing the devils advocate here haha. Not really serious but I mean, ya can't take things too seriously in this hobby. Well I'm being subjective I suppose.
Don't get me wrong, I've no doubt this will sell, and equally I've no doubt my ravings place me in a minority group! I was simply airing an opinion. Ultimately yes, you could derive your own narrative as why the character looks the way they do.

From a personal perspective though, I just find the over use of clichés too much of a barrier to entry. A good example (and there are a few) of when "sexy" meets practicality would be GG Honey Trap.....yes I know Derby was a stretch but at the same time the statue doesn't panda to the tired old cliché of exposed breast, hint of ass and let's go to war!

This statue is a grim reminder of why my statue buying has reduced drastically over the last few years (which isn't necessarily a bad thing )
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:31 AM   #8
Vallos
Jubilee

I agree that she is better served without the high heels. Much like in the painting, where she is wearing sandals, it would bring her more into the realism Silas is referring to. Unlike, Silas, however, I'm fine with her attire. In any case, this will not be purchase for me because it won't be in 1:4 scale.
Vallos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 05:03 PM   #9
blueyell
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

This looks great, a definite buy for me.
blueyell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 09:06 AM   #10
Doctor Doom
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Again, nice sexy study of the female form........but!

I personally wouldn't buy it because in nearly every aspect as a character study it's ridiculous. So she's an assassin, why is she half naked? She's clearly expecting to be involved in physical violence, where is her most basic body protection? And for the love of god, when will these sculptors realise that high heeled shoes (on everything), aside from being massively impractical for the practice of walking, let alone stealth, is just down right......well, cheap!

I get it, sex sells, but there's so many ways in which a woman can look sexy without literally looking like a 1980's L.A. street hooker!

In my opinion, as a sculpt, 10/10, as a character study, complete fail! And it's a shame, as the sculptor has shown he has all the skills required to pull off a good statue!
The shoes are awful......gotta agree they kinda ruin it.
Doctor Doom is offline   Reply With Quote