Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 06-21-2018, 01:31 PM   #31
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
I'll tell you whats ridiculous, its Chronicle holding other companies to a standard they themselves don't even meet. Limiting distribution and claiming they are the gate keepers to other companies wanting to sell "high end collectibles". Trying to choke the license from other better and more well equipped companies so that they can have their cake. Its stupid, ether put effort into your products or get the hell out of the way. I've been waiting a long time to add JP stuff to the collection and would really be annoyed to see Chronicle trying to snuff out the competition or limit distribution because THEY cant keep up.

Chris
Now you are just making up BS. They don't have any say in what other companies produce, they just have an exclusive license they PAID FOR, it would be unbelievably stupid not to defend your "property". You make it sound like they are not letting in those other products, which is also more BS from you, they will distribute anything.

They are not in business to make friends, they are there to make money. They were the forgers of the path to high end JP stuff, and they seem to get no credit for that. Other companies are just bandwagon jumpers at this point. Sure, Chronicle dosen't always say or do everything perfect, but at the end of the day who cares anyway, it's all about the product. Plus, it's still better than the mostly radio silence you get from other companies.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 01:52 PM   #32
Thorondor_33
Blue Falcon

Quote:
I'll tell you whats ridiculous, its Chronicle holding other companies to a standard they themselves don't even meet. Limiting distribution and claiming they are the gate keepers to other companies wanting to sell "high end collectibles". Trying to choke the license from other better and more well equipped companies so that they can have their cake. Its stupid, ether put effort into your products or get the hell out of the way. I've been waiting a long time to add JP stuff to the collection and would really be annoyed to see Chronicle trying to snuff out the competition or limit distribution because THEY cant keep up.

Chris
Don't you think you're being a tad dramatic? Business is business. They paid for the license and as such have the right to defend the territory they have exclusive rights to.

I see it as a win-win. Chronicle wins by retaining exclusive rights in the territories they paid for, yet they still distribute the products of competitors which is a win for us as consumers. Chronicle is in no way attempting to 'snuff out' the competition- they are simply exercising their rights. I fail to see the problem here.

They could just not distribute for Iron Studios and Prime 1, leaving us customers in North America to deal with heavy postage fees and longer transit times from elsewhere. Would you prefer that be the case?

I'm sorry if I've offended you, but I just don't see what your problem is? IMO this is the greatest time in history to be a JP collector. Never before have we had one, let alone three, companies producing a line of high end JP collectibles. I for one am excited for the future and what CC, IS, and P1 produce for us.
Thorondor_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 02:11 PM   #33
Atheris
The Maxx

Lets just see how this plays out now that P1 has shown their hand. P1's baby blue was a swift kick to Chronicles nuts, I'm curious to see how they react to this. Chronicles contract may not even be renewed with universal once they see what the competition is putting out.

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 03:26 PM   #34
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Lets just see how this plays out now that P1 has shown their hand. P1's baby blue was a swift kick to Chronicles nuts, I'm curious to see how they react to this. Chronicles contract may not even be renewed with universal once they see what the competition is putting out.

Chris
We haven't even seen the full reveal yet and don't know pricing. Sure it may be better, but might cost twice as much too. Bottom line is you have no idea what you are talking about, if they don't renew the license they don't get distribution money either.
Old 06-21-2018, 08:55 PM   #35
KELPIE
New Republic

Quote:

Chris
Sounds like your talking about Sideshow...

Quote:
Oh of course...its just the arrogance in their FB videos and posts. They talk as if other companies have committed a crime if they even think about putting out licenced products on "their turff". Its like hey collectors, don't pay attention to the new shinny and better made collectible over there, you don't want that stuff. You want our cheaply made, over priced and poor QC product instead. In fact, we're going to make sure you buy ours instead because we took a bat to the competitions knees.

Chris
Ouch, again, sounds like you're talking about Sideshow.

I think every company has their pro's and cons, their hits and misses.

This will be an interesting comparison though.

I imagine P1 will be more expensive, take longer to come out but have a better final product.

That said, I'm sure the punters on the streets who want a cool baby blue, won't really be able to see anything wrong with Chronicle's piece.
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 09:40 PM   #36
Nextlevel99
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Now you are just making up BS. They don't have any say in what other companies produce, they just have an exclusive license they PAID FOR, it would be unbelievably stupid not to defend your "property". You make it sound like they are not letting in those other products, which is also more BS from you, they will distribute anything.

They are not in business to make friends, they are there to make money. They were the forgers of the path to high end JP stuff, and they seem to get no credit for that. Other companies are just bandwagon jumpers at this point. Sure, Chronicle dosen't always say or do everything perfect, but at the end of the day who cares anyway, it's all about the product. Plus, it's still better than the mostly radio silence you get from other companies.
I dont agree at your Bandwagon jumpers because what i know Prime1 got the offer from universal itself and one the top member are huge fan Prime1 products ask them to make JP products and also the ILM supervisor also ask to take license also.Prime1 never thought about to take JP license is just chance opportunity.
Nextlevel99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 11:15 PM   #37
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Didn't care for the film, but I'll still buy me some P1 JP collectibles.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 12:07 AM   #38
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nextlevel99 View Post
I dont agree at your Bandwagon jumpers because what i know Prime1 got the offer from universal itself and one the top member are huge fan Prime1 products ask them to make JP products and also the ILM supervisor also ask to take license also.Prime1 never thought about to take JP license is just chance opportunity.
Doesn't matter how they ended up with it, they are big enough to do whatever they want and it not matter if it sells or not. They do plenty of projects that other companies can't afford to do, partly due to having their own factory so costs are controlled. Chronicle took a chance and it paid off, now everyone wants in because it is a proven market. I am all for it personally, I love pieces from both companies and the fact that Chronicle no longer offers the preorder discounts gives me time to wait and see what develops. These 2 were the main reason I stopped buying Sideshow stuff.
Old 06-22-2018, 12:18 AM   #39
Ezhil
Mephisto

Yes no more sideshow
Ezhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 03:16 PM   #40
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I get Atheris hates CC's guts for whatever reason. Failed releases because of QC or perhaps they shut down independent competition who has no license to offer their stuff, which is exactly what CC should and must do. Those creators may hate them doing that to them but the fact is they don't own a license to sell Jurassic Park products, which is the only situation that I can figure Atheris is talking about when he says CC shuts others down.

I have my own dislike for them for different reasons. I partly understand the criticisms. Whatever the case, I will say this: Prime 1 has advantages CC does not and CC has to live with their disadvantage to a company like Prime 1. They are basically being faulted for not having unlimited cash when in reality they have to make calls that keeps them in business. As such I somehow doubt prime 1's baby blue going to be cheaper than CC LOL. That's high hoping there.

1k for the CC baby blue sounds right in line for their pricing. I expect to see Prime 1 charge well over 1k for theirs. 1/6 Blue is $699 and it's way smaller than baby blue 1:1. Anyone expecting CC pricing or better on this is day dreaming. $1300+ with ease. The only thing Prime 1 can do better on CC is the material and paint app, and that app is going to cost a pretty penny. As a matter of fact I imagine Paul only gave the green light to this because they assured him it's not the same price range as his blue. As long as there is a large price difference...

CC's blue looks fine. They just need to tone down the white outline which needs to be way more off white. That's why it looks kind of off and Prime looks so much better. So is the eyes. It's strange for them to get wrong on a prototype because their protos are usually just out of this world and then QC 'fails' in a Toynami factory.

Remember, this is the size of baby blue. She isn't small:

You think a Prime 1 statue this size is going to retail for as much or less than CC baby blue? Hell, I hope so. But....no. Never lol. But I won't mind being pleasantly shocked while I eat crow. Prime 1's offering does put a pretty large dent into CC's claim that theirs will be the most accurate ever done but their accuracy claims have been one of my beefs with them in the past year when my eyes say different. That one screenshot alone shows that Prime 1's accuracy will destroy CC's if CC goes into production with their paint app. I don't know how you go with white around the blue areas. I give a pass to the eyes, but not the white outlining. If they fix that for the final production then you'd be a fool to pay more for Prime unless Prime uses a material you prefer over CC's tendency to go with lighter stuff.
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote