Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 06-24-2018, 05:01 PM   #101
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

For me this is another case where the Reg is good enough, the difference in the hands is minimal, as others have said he has sais in both hands just 1 set he has them gripped and the other set his hands are open around them and the EX head isn't as good as the Reg head imo.

So yeah this is a case of order locally and save money on that shipping cost and import costs for me, if i even go for it.

Anyone else who's on the fence, have a good look over the statue but if you can get the reg from BBTS with $4 shipping i'd say that was the safer and more affordable option.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 05:10 PM   #102
BurningRage
Inhumans

Shipping prices for PCS has been better for me since they moved closer to where I am and delivery times cut in half.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 05:18 PM   #103
qz33
Rescue

Combined ES of 650. Actual production likely less.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 06:08 PM   #104
the-owl
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
I think this is about as cheap as could be.
The days of quarter scales for under $400 are gone for now.
yeah right. this is the reason why i stopped buying from sideshow. this is freaking ridiculous. this new management is the ones having these ridiculous prices
the-owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 06:10 PM   #105
the-owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by IzeroI View Post
People are saying shipping is bad with PCS, so what kind of shipping sticker are ya'l expecting for this?
probably around 35 to 40 dollars maybe
Old 06-24-2018, 06:28 PM   #106
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-owl View Post
yeah right. this is the reason why i stopped buying from sideshow. this is freaking ridiculous. this new management is the ones having these ridiculous prices
It's $400 if you pay up full, no one else is doing this sort of quality 1/4 scale pieces for that price...i'm amazed PCS can still even offer pieces at those prices, even F4F who i consider 1 of, if not the cheapest could do that pricing.

The only other 1/4 piece i can think of that's similar in style and complexity is the F4F One Punch Man piece and that was $375 and that was nearly 2 years ago and they basically sold that piece as cheap as they could.

So whatever anyone thinks of PCS you can't deny that $400 is an incredibly good price at this point.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 07:18 PM   #107
the-owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
It's $400 if you pay up full, no one else is doing this sort of quality 1/4 scale pieces for that price...i'm amazed PCS can still even offer pieces at those prices, even F4F who i consider 1 of, if not the cheapest could do that pricing.

The only other 1/4 piece i can think of that's similar in style and complexity is the F4F One Punch Man piece and that was $375 and that was nearly 2 years ago and they basically sold that piece as cheap as they could.

So whatever anyone thinks of PCS you can't deny that $400 is an incredibly good price at this point.
theres plenty of turtle status out there. you can get pieces that are based off of the original series for cheaper than that. even pick up sideshows 2010 series for cheaper than that. the only ones more than that is prime 1 studios movie versions.
Old 06-24-2018, 08:14 PM   #108
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-owl View Post
theres plenty of turtle status out there. you can get pieces that are based off of the original series for cheaper than that. even pick up sideshows 2010 series for cheaper than that. the only ones more than that is prime 1 studios movie versions.
More turtle statues in this style?Like the 80's cartoon? The Sideshow Comiquette's aren't. The recent ones from sideshow aren't so where are they? This goes on in every thread. More senior collectors pining about the old days of $350 PF/statues. I Google and look at those statues and 9 times out of 10 I wonder why anybody would pay $350 for those statues. I understand the prices have gone up but most (not all) statues produced today destroy their older counterparts from almost a decade ago. Again if someone has links to turtles in this style for $350 I'm all for it. But I personally think this is outstanding and probably too hard for me to resist. I do wish at least the other 4 were teased to get a feel for poses etc.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 09:34 PM   #109
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post

gaming heads 1/4ths are rather cheap, but small bases and light on details and not amazing quality (decent though) ><
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 11:00 PM   #110
Vendetta
The X-Men

I'm tempted to start this line, but I wish I could give PCS more money upfront with confidence. I'm already nervous about the money I've fronted for two 1/3 Chun-Li's, and plus being worried about how good the statues will be given the complex mixed-media elements...
Vendetta is online now   Reply With Quote