Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 06-24-2018, 09:58 PM   #111
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
Lisence or not, I don't think Chronicle is in the position to be able to distribute for P1. P1 put out stuff hard and fast, Chronicle is a tiny unit # somewhere in a commercial plaza. Can you imagine these guys trying to sort out, ship, and store the truck loads of boxes that would be showing up? Who they gonna get to do all this? Their 2-3 employees? Give me a break. This is a disaster waiting to happen, Chronicle couldn't even ship out canes properly, then just blamed a hole in the wall company (they chose) for the issues. They are no where near the level of Sideshow or P1 to undertake this. They should just let SS take care of it, I'm sure Chronicle know this, and I'm guessing they're gonna let Sideshow take care of the actual work since they have the systems and infrastructure to do it. Chronicle is just gonna ask P1 to pay up if they want sell on their turf and let SS do all the hard work.

Chris
Stop with the BS. Canes had nothing to do with Chronicle and you know it from that thread. If the money is there they will figure it out, stop trolling and let it play out.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 11:38 PM   #112
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Stop with the BS. Canes had nothing to do with Chronicle and you know it from that thread. If the money is there they will figure it out, stop trolling and let it play out.
What do you work for Chronicle or something? Who's trolling? I'm giving my opinion. Stop quoting me about your hurt feelings.

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 11:46 PM   #113
clutch
Sailor Moon

Just a wealth of experts here. Lol!
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 12:05 AM   #114
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
What do you work for Chronicle or something? Who's trolling? I'm giving my opinion. Stop quoting me about your hurt feelings.

Chris
No, I don't, but like everyone else I am just sick of reading your trolling, be it here or in the Chronicle threads. Give it a rest.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	114708  
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 02:12 AM   #115
Ezhil
Mephisto

We want both negative and positive opinions.
Ezhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 03:04 AM   #116
Thorondor_33
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Chronicle couldn't even ship out canes properly, then just blamed a hole in the wall company (they chose) for the issues.
While I do not work for Chronicle and did not order a cane, I did follow the situation and must correct you on this. Chronicle actually delivered the canes as promised to Paradise Collectibles who then in turn delayed, delayed, and further delayed shipping them to their customers all the while ignoring emails, refund requests, and other inquiries related to the canes.

Chronicle's hands were pretty much tied on the matter as the deal they had in place was to get the product to Paradise Collectibles. From that point on it was Paradise's sole responsibility to handle the product and fulfill the orders.

Chronicle was monitoring the situation and did mention getting involved in some way if canes didn't start shipping, but someone at Paradise must have unclogged the drain of whatever was blocking and slowly got canes shipping out to customers. Paradise did say it was because they wanted to get custom shipping boxes for the canes but I'm not sure everyone bought that excuse. I'm optimistic Chronicle will have no issues distributing P1 products.

Chronicle agreed that the deal with Paradise did not go as intended and probably wouldn't strike similar deals in the future. As per the last live chat Chronicle said they are working with P1 to iron out the details and get P1's products up for pre-order as soon as possible.
Thorondor_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 03:40 AM   #117
dafadcariad
Blue Falcon

The one thing that worries me is that Prime 1 has been down this road before with Sideshow and the Marvel N.A. licence. They then released multiple competing pieces and now all P1 Marvel projects on hold.

I absolutely love P1 nonetheless thanks to what is either poor communication or outright competitiveness I am seriously concerned that this arrangement with Chronicle could be another bridge that gets potentially burnt. Here's to hoping that their first partnership with SS has taught them a few things and this goes more smoothly.
dafadcariad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 04:06 AM   #118
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafadcariad View Post
The one thing that worries me is that Prime 1 has been down this road before with Sideshow and the Marvel N.A. licence. They then released multiple competing pieces and now all P1 Marvel projects on hold.

I absolutely love P1 nonetheless thanks to what is either poor communication or outright competitiveness I am seriously concerned that this arrangement with Chronicle could be another bridge that gets potentially burnt. Here's to hoping that their first partnership with SS has taught them a few things and this goes more smoothly.
I imagine P1 had a similar deal with Sideshow where P1 had no US distribution rights and Sideshow did a deal with them to distribute in the USA for them as Sideshow hold most of the Marvel and DC USA Licenses.

Obviously that was a bit more than just a distribution deal though as Sideshow actively show off P1 pieces and P1 pieces usually come in Sideshow shippers.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 04:51 AM   #119
dafadcariad
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
I imagine P1 had a similar deal with Sideshow where P1 had no US distribution rights and Sideshow did a deal with them to distribute in the USA for them as Sideshow hold most of the Marvel and DC USA Licenses.

Obviously that was a bit more than just a distribution deal though as Sideshow actively show off P1 pieces and P1 pieces usually come in Sideshow shippers.
I agree with everything you're saying. My comment was more about how I worry that this could be history repeating...regardless of the subtle and/or distinct differences of the deals. This is, once again, still P1 piggy-backing off of another company's licence for distribution purposes. Considering the issues that transpired from that last go around and the freezing of the licence I think it's more than understandable to question how this may or may not go.
dafadcariad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 08:40 AM   #120
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Nice HD promo vid for Blue, amazing details.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRGxrgt-ddM
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote