great pics. thanks!
bigwallys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 07:07 PM   #382
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
Not at all what I wanted to see today.

So roughly 5 months after receiving a broken Wonder Woman, I finally got a replacement. The replacement is missing the battery compartment cover, there are little white dots of polystone(?) scattered on the base (I could get some of them off). There looks like a fingerprint in her armor and the is an odd mark on her leg. I'm done with Prime One. I now have a much better track record with Sideshow. Tempted to see if I can get by NRD's back on my other preorders.

On the topic of Sideshow...after they inspected the replacement, they forgot to retape one of the boxes are replace the top corner foam pieces that created the empty space in the shipping box.

All around crap experience. I realized that out of 5 Prime One statues, only one has been okay.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 11:40 PM   #383
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
So roughly 5 months after receiving a broken Wonder Woman, I finally got a replacement. The replacement is missing the battery compartment cover, there are little white dots of polystone(?) scattered on the base (I could get some of them off). There looks like a fingerprint in her armor and the is an odd mark on her leg. I'm done with Prime One. I now have a much better track record with Sideshow. Tempted to see if I can get by NRD's back on my other preorders.

On the topic of Sideshow...after they inspected the replacement, they forgot to retape one of the boxes are replace the top corner foam pieces that created the empty space in the shipping box.

All around crap experience. I realized that out of 5 Prime One statues, only one has been okay.
You are probably the only one with that ratio. For most people SS has been worse for defects and poor replacements. If I had to choose to never order from either of them again it would be SS without hesitation.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 11:54 PM   #384
M United
The Spirit

Only even had one issue with prime 1 and that was for 1:2 bats and popcultcha fixed that up for me because prime 1 wouldnt. Apart from that their statues are epic in qc.
M United is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 11:56 PM   #385
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
You are probably the only one with that ratio. For most people SS has been worse for defects and poor replacements. If I had to choose to never order from either of them again it would be SS without hesitation.
I honestly think this is it for me. Prime One's quality has drastically decreased no matter what some might say. At least I don't have to wait half a year to know if I'm disappointed with Sideshow's replacement.
Old 08-04-2018, 12:24 AM   #386
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Sorry to hear about your issues Nug. I’m more of a pro P1 collector over SS but I’ve had less issues with SS then P1 too. I have yet to get a damaged statue through them so you’re not the only one. My P1 experiences have been good with all of them taken care of.

Had to return two G1 Optimus. First had its battery housing and wires ripped out of the back and the first replacement wouldn’t sit properly.

I just received the Last Knight Optimus and the paint job on the base is awful and there’s nicks and scratches all over it. Back in the mail it goes...

Just my option. I have a feeling they bit off a lot more then they could chew two years ago when the Arkham stuff peaked. There’s a ton of delays now, even going on two years. I enjoy getting 8+ delay emails at once. They we’re using cloth material to wrap their statue parts now they’re back to using tissue paper.

I’d like to think it’s a plant issue.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 12:24 AM   #387
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
I honestly think this is it for me. Prime One's quality has drastically decreased no matter what some might say. At least I don't have to wait half a year to know if I'm disappointed with Sideshow's replacement.
Where has it decreased? Almost every statue they release is miles better than anything SS does. I just got this WW myself to pair with Bats and and it is amazing. Nothing SS does comes close.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 09:34 AM   #388
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Where has it decreased? Almost every statue they release is miles better than anything SS does. I just got this WW myself to pair with Bats and and it is amazing. Nothing SS does comes close.
I'm referring to quality control.
Old 08-04-2018, 10:47 AM   #389
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I can't say I've had many QC issues with either company. Well, I've had zero with Prime 1 across 9 statues. I have bought WAY more Sideshow stuff over the years and probably had 5-6 issues. All were resolved relatively quickly, though. Well, except for one where they wouldn't offer a replacement, even though it ended up being in stock for about a year after my issue.

I would hate to have a P1 issue, though - I know it does take forever to get them resolved.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 11:34 AM   #390
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

My advice is you have a Prime One issue. If you bought it from Sideshow and it is still in stock, return it then buy a new one. I consistently see problems from people who waited for returns. I have heard from multiple places that Prime One produces replacements as they are needed. You would think since the factory knows they are replacing a bad statue, they would use tight QC on the replacement, but the opposite seems to be the case. I mean, this statue showed up without the battery compartment cover. I don't think anyone did a QC check before packing.

You are also guaranteeing that your replacement is one of the last being made from old molds. That probably explains the leg issue on my replacement. I have no idea how it is specked with polystone. Perhaps they let is sit next to the rotocaster.