Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 01-09-2018, 10:38 PM   #481
CyborgHunter
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
My two cents. I love a lot of What XM is putting out there, especially their more recent pending releases, such as scorpion, Moonknight, dios, Hulk trans,........etc. But I honestly can’t understand the fan attraction for this Carnage sculpt. When I initially saw the cgi render, I was floored, and stated that it would be the best Carnage ever. But this, IMO, is a total mess. The body pose looks stiff, the symbiote is way over done (too busy, too messy), the tower Colors look dull, and Carnage paint apps patterns just look like a jumbled mess.

I would wait for XM to revisit this character, as this rendition does not top either of SS releases. IMO of course.
CyborgHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 10:50 PM   #482
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:
My two cents. I love a lot of What XM is putting out there, especially their more recent pending releases, such as scorpion, Moonknight, dios, Hulk trans,........etc. But I honestly can’t understand the fan attraction for this Carnage sculpt. When I initially saw the cgi render, I was floored, and stated that it would be the best Carnage ever. But this, IMO, is a total mess. The body pose looks stiff, the symbiote is way over done (too busy, too messy), the tower Colors look dull, and Carnage paint apps patterns just look like a jumbled mess.

I would wait for XM to revisit this character, as this rendition does not top either of SS releases. IMO of course.
I doubt they will revisit this character anytime soon. Not too many drastic variations on Carnage so I would not expect another rendition of Carnage from XM for at least the next 5-6 years. I do like the XM version more as I really hate the pose of the Sideshow version. I also don’t care for the OG comiquette. With that said, even the XM version doesn’t excite me enough to buy it.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 10:59 PM   #483
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Sigh! I agree his skin texture doesn't look fluid it looks bumpy and off . A few things I hated his FEET!!! Why does he have no toes , it's like a pajama bottom. His mouth towards back where it opens isn't black enough. I understand they wanted to show fleashy part there in comics it's more black . Finally the base. It kinda looks like top of clock tower maybe to tie him to Venom but tones are drab and it's just way to much base.

Positives his switch out arms look amazing. His eyes are veiny and well done as well as amount of tendrils they added
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 11:54 PM   #484
GaryTonge
Kingpin

I think this is the best Carnage when all three are looked at together. I do wish however, that XM was somehow able to keep the symbiote goo on the base.

I love the spire base and general concept, as well as the Bagley portrait. The other two just don't resonate as Carnage with me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Carnage comp.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	673.1 KB
ID:	110485   Click image for larger version

Name:	XM Bagley.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	925.2 KB
ID:	110486  
GaryTonge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 12:32 AM   #485
ChaFoShizzle
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

While I do believe this statue with the classic portrait is the most comically accurate to the Bagley era of Carnage, I feel the execution itself can be better. The render looked amazing, but I knew XM would have a hard time nailing the paint. It’s simply too busy and complicated. While Bagley’s era of Carnage was indeed busy with the red and black goo, it still had a cohesive flow to the whole motion. Right now with the way it’s currently painted I feel the black looks too messy on top, and it doesn’t flow with his musculature like it should. It’s really a tough line and I do think the sculpt is fantastic, but it’s so busy that I don’t know if it really worked out as well as it could. Rant over, but I’m not going to lie, it is growing on me.
ChaFoShizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 02:56 PM   #486
WolverineFan
I am da law!

I think this is the best carnage released so far. I hate the sideshow comiquette. The new one that was just released is okay better than the comiquette. I think it’s possible prime 1 could beat out XMs Carnage but they haven’t made any mention of him so the earliest he would likely come out would be 2019 or 2020.
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 03:04 PM   #487
polished1
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:

With all due respect... Wtf are you smoking?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eeOst75Vkg

This things going to be amazing, especially next to XM Venom.

The morphing heads alone put both of them on their own level compared to the competition.

Only thing I'll say is meh is the paint on the base, the original rusted looking paint looked better.
polished1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 04:48 PM   #488
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
I think this is the best carnage released so far. I hate the sideshow comiquette. The new one that was just released is okay better than the comiquette. I think it’s possible prime 1 could beat out XMs Carnage but they haven’t made any mention of him so the earliest he would likely come out would be 2019 or 2020.
I agree, except that I think the Sosa Koto is the best so far - or it would be if it was 1:4. I don't like anything about the original SS com. I do think the colors and goo could look better on this XM though - but as I've said before, I really like it overall already. Love the pose. Love the falling church spire.

EDIT: Looking at SSs new one again, I like the sculpt, but it's too 'clean' and 'refined'. Not as 'raw' as XMs. I don't think either one is right or wrong, but Carnage is more 'wild' to me, so XMs appeals to me more.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 05:12 PM   #489
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:

I completely agree. Especially, when you compare it to how supremely awesome the original concept art was. The end result is totally lacking.

NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 06:14 PM   #490
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

That carnage is so fantastic. Look at the goo and skin it's not to busy but it has movement. Amazing it's too bad they didn't bang this out
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote