Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 06-08-2018, 10:09 PM   #21
Nextlevel99
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolektan View Post
where do you get all this info? all I know is that Prime 1 is working with the sculptor of Jurassic Park: Origin and that is good enough accuracy to me. but sure I'd rather have my JP t-rex in 1/10 scale rather than smallish scale of dinosauria line. small scale won't do t-rex justice (like chronicle did, sadly).

Dinosauria is not that small espacially i own the king T Rex. You consider it small man you must live in a giant castle. Am pretty when you see the collection i think you may understand the reason why they went this size.
Nextlevel99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 01:20 AM   #22
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nextlevel99 View Post
Dinosauria is not that small espacially i own the king T Rex. You consider it small man you must live in a giant castle. Am pretty when you see the collection i think you may understand the reason why they went this size.
I agree they are too small if that is the only scale they will do. We need more 1/6 and larger stuff. Maybe not 7' 1/5 rex big like chronicle(which I have on order), but larger than those SS pieces.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 04:54 AM   #23
Steve evans
The Spirit

Can some explain to me how this will work for European buyers. Will they still be distributed through Chronicle?
Prime one are based in Japan right? Will this mean that Europen buyers will still get clobbered by high import duty/ tax?

I'm happy with a smaller size and it will make them appeal to a wider audience, especially with cost. I'm sure they'll also make larger pieces for those that have the room.
If you check out Jurassic Park Origins facebook page you can see the level of detail we can expect to get...its as if the guys at SWS were making them for us.
Steve evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 06:58 AM   #24
rjszar
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
I agree with you. How can anybody say the dinosauria line is small? The King T-rex is like twice the size of CC's Breakout rex. The Trike is huge, the Stego is huge. If you were starting with zero pieces in your collection, then maybe you would have room for dozens of giant pieces, but most of us don't.
rjszar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 07:37 AM   #25
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
I agree they are too small if that is the only scale they will do. We need more 1/6 and larger stuff. Maybe not 7' 1/5 rex big like chronicle(which I have on order), but larger than those SS pieces.
A 1/6 scale dinosaur like a Brontosaurus would be like 13 - 15 feet long. I bet 99% of us don't live in a museum sized home so that probably would not work. Maybe smaller sized dinosaurus would work in that scale like a velociraptor but then you'd have different scale dinosaurs in a collection and that could be a big no to some collectors. The Apatosaurus in Sideshow's Dinosauria line is just a few inches short of being 4 feet in length. That's a pretty good size in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolektan View Post
where do you get all this info? all I know is that Prime 1 is working with the sculptor of Jurassic Park: Origin and that is good enough accuracy to me. but sure I'd rather have my JP t-rex in 1/10 scale rather than smallish scale of dinosauria line. small scale won't do t-rex justice (like chronicle did, sadly).
1/10 scale would probably be the max scale dinosaur I'd ever buy. A 1/10 scale T-Rex would be like almost 1.5 feet tall and maybe 4 feet long...big but maybe still doable.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjszar View Post
I agree with you. How can anybody say the dinosauria line is small? The King T-rex is like twice the size of CC's Breakout rex. The Trike is huge, the Stego is huge. If you were starting with zero pieces in your collection, then maybe you would have room for dozens of giant pieces, but most of us don't.
Yeah the Dinosauria line was a pretty good size. Not too big and not too small. It was just right in my opinion.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 07:51 AM   #26
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

This is incredible news. I've never thought Chronicle had good quality or made good design decisions, yet I've really wanted some nice JP/JW collectibles.

I wonder how Chronicle will feel about this considering they were very vocal about their disappointment with Iron Studios getting the license.

Can't wait to see what comes from Prime 1.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 08:06 AM   #27
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPmaster View Post
A 1/6 scale dinosaur like a Brontosaurus would be like 13 - 15 feet long. I bet 99% of us don't live in a museum sized home so that probably would not work. Maybe smaller sized dinosaurus would work in that scale like a velociraptor but then you'd have different scale dinosaurs in a collection and that could be a big no to some collectors. The Apatosaurus in Sideshow's Dinosauria line is just a few inches short of being 4 feet in length. That's a pretty good size in my opinion.

1/10 scale would probably be the max scale dinosaur I'd ever buy. A 1/10 scale T-Rex would be like almost 1.5 feet tall and maybe 4 feet long...big but maybe still doable.

Yeah the Dinosauria line was a pretty good size. Not too big and not too small. It was just right in my opinion.
More like 2.8 feet long, at least as far as Iron Studios’ 1/10 T-Rex.

- Robert
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 08:11 AM   #28
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
This is incredible news. I've never thought Chronicle had good quality or made good design decisions, yet I've really wanted some nice JP/JW collectibles.

I wonder how Chronicle will feel about this considering they were very vocal about their disappointment with Iron Studios getting the license.

Can't wait to see what comes from Prime 1.
We hope our products win you over someday. Our life-size Raptor bust was incredibly well received recently as was our Compy and the Raptor Egg. We’ve only been around for four years but we’re making great strides in our output and strive for improvement whenever & wherever possible.

We are excited for this opportunity and look forward to what Prime 1 brings to market. Just as with Iron Studios, if they desire to ship their JP pieces to countries within our exclusive license, they must work with us for distribution.

- Robert
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 08:42 AM   #29
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
We hope our products win you over someday. Our life-size Raptor bust was incredibly well received recently as was our Compy and the Raptor Egg. We’ve only been around for four years but we’re making great strides in our output and strive for improvement whenever & wherever possible.

We are excited for this opportunity and look forward to what Prime 1 brings to market. Just as with Iron Studios, if they desire to ship their JP pieces to countries within our exclusive license, they must work with us for distribution.

- Robert
P1 will hold your feet to the fire in terms of quality. Any pieces you come out with of your own will be forever compared to the very high end and consistent quality of P1. Hope you're ready for it.

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 09:33 AM   #30
Nextlevel99
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjszar View Post

Very true! Most collectors may only buy T rex but some collectors like me want to have Spinosaurus and also what about Indominus rex they are both super huge compare to trex.I bet poeple will complain why so big so no win for Prime1.
Nextlevel99 is offline   Reply With Quote