Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-16-2020, 11:41 AM   #61
entrari
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Everything being equal, I don’t think there’s even a question on which one to get.
I’m trying to decide between the two as well. I would get the Queen Studio but I like the Mark III armor more.
entrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 03:38 PM   #62
entrari

I’m really looking at getting this piece but I’m torn about the actual production piece. Anyone know the ES for this and I wonder if this would last until the first reviews come in. Should I place my PO now?
Old 07-17-2020, 04:06 PM   #63
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by entrari View Post
I’m really looking at getting this piece but I’m torn about the actual production piece. Anyone know the ES for this and I wonder if this would last until the first reviews come in. Should I place my PO now?
I don’t think they ever really sold out on one of their Iron Man busts before they started shipping, so I think you should be okay as a lot of us are using the wait and see approach when it comes to Sideshow and their MCU Iron Man lines.

However once ‘good’ in hand photos are released I would advise you act fast then.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 07:10 PM   #64
entrari

Thanks. Will keep that in mind. Just decided to start having busts in my collection.
Old 07-18-2020, 07:55 PM   #65
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by entrari View Post
Thanks. Will keep that in mind. Just decided to start having busts in my collection.
7 years ago I first started with Sideshows 1/2 scale Mark 6 bust, but then I quickly moved into 1/4 and the 1/3 statues, with a smattering of 1/2 scale. But now with Queen in the picture I may slowly be moving back into busts as I wind down my collecting. I’ve sort of gone full circle now.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 08:33 PM   #66
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
7 years ago I first started with Sideshows 1/2 scale Mark 6 bust, but then I quickly moved into 1/4 and the 1/3 statues, with a smattering of 1/2 scale. But now with Queen in the picture I may slowly be moving back into busts as I wind down my collecting. I’ve sort of gone full circle now.
I'm surprised more companies don't do 1/2 scale busts. It seems like a great lower priced niche that most collectors could afford.

I mean I love Life Size but only of certain characters I absolutely love. I'd buy half scale of characters I like.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 07:45 AM   #67
entrari

Quote:
Yeah. I got pulled in by the QS WW. I just have a couple of Spidey busts now. Him being my main guy. But I figured with me fitting out another toy room I should have the space for busts.

I see here most people have their busts in the open instead of inside their cabs. Are they better that way?
Old 08-08-2020, 09:48 AM   #68
Aidmit One

Just got the email that mine will be shipping next week! There were 2 delay emails, but it's only turning out to be about a month late.
Aidmit One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 11:18 AM   #69
Featherfootdave
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Have been watching this one for some time now - really looking forward to seeing how it turned out.

The prototype was great - could be an iconic piece.
Featherfootdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 06:44 AM   #70
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

Waiting for in hand pictures and youtube reviews before I decide, I hope it turned out great.
Chris
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote