Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-05-2020, 03:35 AM   #1
aoh2
Fantastic Four

Any news for Bronze Statues for DC/Marvel Characters

Hi everyone,

I want to express my interest for REAL bronze statues but i haven't had the chance to own any yet! i know that Bowen has made bronze statues (e.g., hulk, batman , spiderman) but finding them is hard or not affordable. I am currently looking for batman brass statue or the superman bronze statue 1993 by Warner Bros but with no luck.

Sideshow currently has a bronze yoda to be released this year but i am looking for bronze statues for DC or Marvel characters. If sideshow (or any other company) make some real bronze statues for DC or Marvel characters, it would be a dream! Not everyone likes bronze, but i thought a discussion is nice.

If this thread violates the forums rules, please remove this. Thank you, i look forward to your discussions
aoh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 03:52 AM   #2
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Haven’t been any marvel in over 7-8 years and that was faux-bronze statues. I highly doubt they will make anymore. They never made real bronze statue of DC/ Marvel and I don’t think they would ever. Only ones they made real bronze were Star Wars and that was over a decade ago. It was a different era. Due to cost of making them, I don’t think any company would make real bronze statues anymore.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 03:52 AM   #3
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

The last time Sideshow did Faux Bronzes of Marvel Characters I don't believe they sold very well which probably why they haven't come back to them.

I believe the ones they did were Spider-man, Wolverine and Iron Man.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 04:34 AM   #4
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Yeah, I remember when I started they had some for sale that had been around forever at that point. I don’t think there is a market for them.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 04:41 AM   #5
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Haven’t been any marvel in over 7-8 years and that was faux-bronze statues. I highly doubt they will make anymore. They never made real bronze statue of DC/ Marvel and I don’t think they would ever. Only ones they made real bronze were Star Wars and that was over a decade ago. It was a different era. Due to cost of making them, I don’t think any company would make real bronze statues anymore.
Remember that true Brass piece DC Collectibles did of Batman a couple years ago? Thing was 5k due to the casting process.
Old 08-05-2020, 06:54 AM   #6
aoh2
Fantastic Four

Only the Yoda Bronze Life-size statue by Sideshow is the only real bronze piece currently available at this moment. Though it doesn't seem to have much demand - and not sure i want to spend $8,500 for it though.

As Sideshow has made real bronze Statues for Star Wars Characters in the past (and currently), I am wondering if Sideshow (or other companies) can make DC/Marvel Characters out of real bronze?

Faux Bronze is not the same as real Bronze
Old 08-05-2020, 11:43 AM   #7
ljspiper
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

If you don't mind faux-bronze finishes, doing it yourself is not as hard as it might seem. I posted a Work In Progress (WIP) thread at The Clubhouse:

http://theclubhouse1.net/phpBB3/view...?f=39&t=122007

where I "bronzed" a resin figure model. I was inspired by an article from George Stephenson (Blackheart Models and formerly Geometric Models) where he did the same; there's a link in my first post of the WIP thread.

Not everyone wants to do it themselves, I understand. I have a background in resin figure kits, so I had a number of tools and techniques to draw on. Still, it was very do-able, the paints made it easy to get a good result quickly - and if you don't like the way it looks, you can always strip the paint off and do it again!

I see where you say "Faux Bronze is not the same as real Bronze". You're right of course; but it's pretty darn close to my eyes. -)
ljspiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 12:29 PM   #8
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoh2 View Post
Only the Yoda Bronze Life-size statue by Sideshow is the only real bronze piece currently available at this moment. Though it doesn't seem to have much demand - and not sure i want to spend $8,500 for it though.

As Sideshow has made real bronze Statues for Star Wars Characters in the past (and currently), I am wondering if Sideshow (or other companies) can make DC/Marvel Characters out of real bronze?

Faux Bronze is not the same as real Bronze
Well real bronze is going to damn expensive every time due to the process. Considering the expense they probably just don't find it worth it to do many real bronzes.
Old 08-05-2020, 01:58 PM   #9
SLO_MO
The Spirit

I think the closest you'll get these days are the Royal Selangor pewter figures - their Marvel pieces actually have some pretty fantastic sculpts and are decently sized. Actual bronze though, not sure if there's anybody doing them.
SLO_MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 10:03 PM   #10
aoh2
Fantastic Four

Thank you all for your responses! I will wait for sideshow (or another company) to make real bronze statues for DC/Marvel even if it takes a long time. Maybe there might be one revealed in the upcoming sideshow New York con (which is unlikely). I will keep searching for the older pieces on ebay.