Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 04-26-2016, 10:28 PM   #11
trav99ss
Fantastic Four

The NYCC Exclusive Edition did sell out (actually, it was over sold by 10 or 15 if I remember correctly).

Absolutely love this sculpt and am really hoping it comes out closer to it's original scheduled release date than has been the norm for their other releases...
trav99ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 12:30 AM   #12
4renzy
Fantastic Four

For me - I almost ordered it as well. But as others have said, space is an issue for me and I already have over 5 preorders with ARH. I think Ehren did a great job but I think releasing so many statues within a short time frame played alot with people's budget. So much product coming out from different companies will make collectors pause and think twice.
4renzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 05:25 AM   #13
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

They need to space them apart their releases.
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 08:40 AM   #14
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trav99ss View Post
The NYCC Exclusive Edition did sell out (actually, it was over sold by 10 or 15 if I remember correctly).

Absolutely love this sculpt and am really hoping it comes out closer to it's original scheduled release date than has been the norm for their other releases...
What was different about the NYCC exclusive?
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 10:35 AM   #15
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by trav99ss View Post
You're right. I completely forgot this one had an NYCC exclusive run and sold out. I just remembered I had the NYCC edition when I looked up my receipt. The one on the website is the standard EX they put up after the NYCC edition sold out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
What was different about the NYCC exclusive?
Certificate of authenticity signed by Arahom and Ehren.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4renzy View Post
For me - I almost ordered it as well. But as others have said, space is an issue for me and I already have over 5 preorders with ARH. I think Ehren did a great job but I think releasing so many statues within a short time frame played alot with people's budget. So much product coming out from different companies will make collectors pause and think twice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus View Post
They need to space them apart their releases.
I have to agree. The scheduling for last year's statues was especially bad. I think they had 10 new statues that went up for PO in a relatively short amount of time.
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 01:24 PM   #16
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
If you want it, you should order it. ARH is a solid company that really does have an excellent rep. I have 4 of their statues and have 5 more on pre-order. I have had no issues that were not resolved to my total satisfaction.
Do you have the arhian city of horrors on preorder, i love the sculpt of that statue but to be honest i'm a little scared to order anything from arh's too.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 04:04 PM   #17
The13thWarlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Do you have the arhian city of horrors on preorder, i love the sculpt of that statue but to be honest i'm a little scared to order anything from arh's too.
Yes. That was actually the first preorder that I signed up for with ARH. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

As for the hesitation on ordering from them... I get it. The stuff is like $500-1000, they consistently miss projected release dates, they aren't so great with returning emails and such... And a few more things.

But... It's a small company. From my dealings with them, it's really obvious to me that they take pride in their work and in making sure people are happy with their statues. Of course you can't make everyone happy all the time and the people that have problems always stand out... But the vast majority of ARH customers are happy. Could they close their doors tomorrow and run away with everyone's money? Sure. But I don't think they will. Arahom has been in the business a long time and the guy is prideful. He puts his name in everyone of his characters!!!! Lol! He's not going to let the company with his name just rob people. Plus I've had dealings with Ehren and the guy is a gifted sculpted. He's not going to put his name and his art into some company that's getting ready to do something that's going to hurt his reputation.
So... My advise... Buy something from them if you like it. You might not get it on time, but you'll get it. And chances are if you liked it in the pictures you are going to absolutely love it in person!
Old 04-27-2016, 11:38 PM   #18
wanderlai
The Tick

Because it'll be an eternity before you actually get it.
wanderlai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 06:08 AM   #19
The13thWarlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlai View Post
Because it'll be an eternity before you actually get it.
I can't argue against this. You have to have a lot of patience and be forgiving of missed release dates to be an ARH customer.
Old 05-01-2016, 09:54 PM   #20
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

i preordered Arkhalla EX on April 23 and paid the first installment via paypal but when I checked on ARH My Account there's no order listed in my order history. i've emailed ARH twice now but no response.

The weird thing is I also preorered Medusa with legs EX that same day and paid the 1st installment via paypal. this order shows up on My Account history but not the Arkhalla EX.

still waiting for a response to my second email.

is their email response time always like this?

also...who is the official contact person for ARH here on SF? is it Retardist?
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote