Old 07-15-2019, 06:44 PM   #51
qz33
Rescue

https://www.facebook.com/groups/P1Sc...2381837238927/
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 08:05 PM   #52
Luminous
Cyclops

I had every intention of ordering both Ken and Ryu, with Akuma being a possibility. So the license being restricted would certainly have been a disappointment/nuisance. However, seeing P1's new pricing for 1/4 scale makes that concern irrelevant. So instead of getting 2 or 3, I am now debating even getting 1.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 09:13 PM   #53
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

The pricing options suck for anybody only interested in the classic Akuma. They're forced to spend an extra $300.

The alternative being Prime1 offer three packages but then they'd be ruining the collectibility of the ultimate one.
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 09:18 PM   #54
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnShinNoi View Post
The pricing options suck for anybody only interested in the classic Akuma. They're forced to spend an extra $300.

The alternative being Prime1 offer three packages but then they'd be ruining the collectibility of the ultimate one.
That shows how out of touch they are. They think there's more money to be made in "ultimate" editions instead of figuring out that there's a market for a lower priced "regular" Akuma for the old school crowd. Switch outs were okay back when they felt like a freebie. We're way past that now.

Nothing surprising, but I'd hate to see Prime 1 go belly up too soon by catering hard to the "new money" Chinese market. Those people have no taste and will drop them fast when they move on to the next fad.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 10:26 AM   #55
No1
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnShinNoi View Post

Sad, the normal version should be the classic one, everyone hated that LION KING Akuma in SFV, it's really bad.

The price 800 for the cheaper one is the new tendency, the price is rising like never, 1 thousand for a 1/4 statue was an absurd before, now it´s normal:

Iron Studios Avengers
XM X-men
Sideshow like Juggernaut, Hulk, etc
All 1/4, all 1 thousand +

The new Iron Man is 800 too, like Akuma, people paid so they keep rising...

No1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 01:59 PM   #56
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

It's a SFV license the default was always going to be the SFV version.

I think it's amazing they are even offering the nostalgia version and i always said it couldn't just be a head swap.

Price is par for the course at this point, i'm surprised people are still surprised.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 10:19 AM   #57
DarkKnight85
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Figures that there is finally a Akuma statue that I like to go along with my PCS bust, but now it's too much money to get the classic version and also now doesn't even ship to the USA...........and my funds are pretty much depleted.

Pretty much one of the must have premiums that I want in my collection...Haven't really liked any of the recent ones that have come out during the years. I really really like the dive kick pose and that base is amazing!!

Well..........maybe I'll get it second hand down the line when funds return...
DarkKnight85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 01:03 PM   #58
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Prime 1 is doing such a great job on this line so far with the poses and attention to detail. Seriously considering jumping in for the big three (Akuma, Ryu, and Ken). I am not normally a fan of light up features on my statues because they are little more than gimmicks most the time. In this case though they really add to the pieces and give them that extra pop.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 01:26 PM   #59
Kevorkian
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
Prime 1 is doing such a great job on this line so far with the poses and attention to detail. Seriously considering jumping in for the big three (Akuma, Ryu, and Ken). I am not normally a fan of light up features on my statues because they are little more than gimmicks most the time. In this case though they really add to the pieces and give them that extra pop.
Until statues will not come with ac plug, remote control possibility and fixable leds they will all be gimmick even if nice looking
Kevorkian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 01:37 PM   #60
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevorkian View Post
Until statues will not come with ac plug, remote control possibility and fixable leds will all be gimmick even if nice looking
I do definitely prefer an ac adapter option over batteries. Hopefully Prime 1 will see fit to include that option in this line.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote