Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 01-23-2017, 04:41 AM   #21
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
Team player?? Are you kidding? He has given up on teams of the past and does not make the players around him better. He takes teammates out of their groove with his 1 man show. Rings are very important, players like Malone, Wilkins, Barkley, Stockton, Nash will be forgotten by most as time goes on. Lebron GOAT...ha.
I agree with you. Take away the 2 rings he bought for himself while playing for Miami and this discussion is basically a moot point. Put Kobe or MJ in their Prime on those Miami teams James played for and ask if either of them go 2-2 in the Finals. I think not. I give credit to James on his one ring with Cleveland. But that's about it. Magic, Bird, MJ, Kobe...none of them abandoned their teams to try and win a championship or form a super team. IMO, James can't hold a candle to Kobe much less MJ.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 06:35 PM   #22
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by monomaster1 View Post
After Lebron James retires he will be known as the greatest of all time. He can play all positions, averages close to a triple double, multiple scoring champ and a team player. All that plus a great basketball mind.
Over Jordan? James is great, one of the greatest. But Jordan still is the greatest of all time.

Just IMHO, of course.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 09:15 PM   #23
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Over Jordan? James is great, one of the greatest. But Jordan still is the greatest of all time.

Just IMHO, of course.
I agree. I'll even go so far as to say Kobe is better than James.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 02:44 AM   #24
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

I believe that James is better than Kobe, because of his team play abilities. Kobe seemed to me to be all about Kobe. It was about his game, his stats, etc. Not to say that Kobe wasn't amazing, because he obviously was. I just feel that James lifts his team mates more in the process of being amazing himself at the same time.

Now, if we're talking about Jordan, I still think he's the best of all time, but James is closing in on him in many ways. Let's see what James does over the next four years or so...
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 01:54 PM   #25
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Jordan (GOAT) > James > Kobe

I'm looking at all around game, team play, and impact on the game in each generation.

As a side note, I do take pride as a Pistons fan that my boys beat used to smack around two of the three regularly for a few years #BadBoys #DeeeetroitBasketball
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 02:29 PM   #26
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Jordan (GOAT) > James > Kobe
This

With additional players between James and Kobe

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 02:59 PM   #27
adee
Green Arrow

King then Mamba but neither touch His Airness
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 05:26 PM   #28
Mister H
Green Goblin

Ah, the age old question. If we're talking about just Lebron and Kobe, then I'll pick Kobe. Not because I like him (because I don't) but because of the clutch factor. Kobe could nail it when it counted and Lebron has struggled with that his whole career. He's hit some game winners, yes, but Kobe did it on a somewhat regular basis, so I would take Kobe. I would go even further and say that I would take Bird over Lebron. Now having said all that, I do think Jordan is better than either one of them. So when it comes to all around play, then I will take Jordan over either one......BUT, if you want to know who the most dominant player who ever laced up a pair of hightops is, then it's Wilt Chamberlain.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 07:23 PM   #29
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

A time old question....how would Wilt match up to modern ball. Only one close to him match up wise was Russell back then (height) Wilt was so much taller than everyone else and the overall skill level back then. Imagine Hakeem, Shaq, The admiral, Duncan, heck even Mutumbo would give him all he wants.

Still have Kobe over LeBron. 5-3. H said it perfect with mamba's game. I would still take Bird or Magic over Bron. This thread should be presented yearly.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 08:00 PM   #30
WalkerFodder
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Ah, the age old question. If we're talking about just Lebron and Kobe, then I'll pick Kobe. Not because I like him (because I don't) but because of the clutch factor. Kobe could nail it when it counted and Lebron has struggled with that his whole career. He's hit some game winners, yes, but Kobe did it on a somewhat regular basis, so I would take Kobe. I would go even further and say that I would take Bird over Lebron. Now having said all that, I do think Jordan is better than either one of them. So when it comes to all around play, then I will take Jordan over either one......BUT, if you want to know who the most dominant player who ever laced up a pair of hightops is, then it's Wilt Chamberlain.
I'm not going to dig up the advanced Metrics regarding Kobe's Clutch Factor, but I've seen it and had this discussion with others. It's shocking. He's like 16% from the field on shots taken under 3 seconds in the Playoffs/Finals...Look them up.

Hyped moments on ESPN don't make a person more clutch than he actually is. I remember many glory-seeking, ballhog moments with Kobe double or tripled-up heaving ill-advised shots with wide open teammates begging for the ball.
WalkerFodder is offline   Reply With Quote