Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 06-30-2019, 09:23 PM   #621
nearmint
Phoenix

Sarah Connor’s badassery alone makes T2 awesome.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 09:38 PM   #622
Mister H
Green Goblin

T2 inspired me to buy my first Harley Davidson.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 11:29 PM   #623
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
T2 inspired me to buy my first Harley Davidson.
I wonder how much that movie boosted HD sales. If HD wasn't already that movie made HD a global brand.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 01:34 AM   #624
Mister H
Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
I wonder how much that movie boosted HD sales. If HD wasn't already that movie made HD a global brand.
HD was huge way before T2. That movie boosted the new Fat Boy, which is what Aaanuld was riding.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 10:02 PM   #625
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post
While there was one element of the post credit's deleted scene that I appreciated, I think it was a mistake using an unfinished CGI scene particularly as they had on hand what IMO would have been a better choice thematically, for the end of the film and that was fully rendered, in the deleted Katherine Langford / Robert Downey Jr. scene.

Oh well...

It also seems the Katherine Langford scene isn't among the deleted material on the blu-ray or digital copies. There may be more going on here than has been revealed. Mind you, I write all this never having actually seen the scene with her and the directors of the film may have had a very good reason for not including it, but what do THEY know.
I'm wondering if the stated reason for not showing the Katherine Langford scene, that being that it was a confusing element for the audience in an already complex film, is simply a convenient excuse.

I was unaware until today of the controversy and backlash to the season 1 finale of Netflix's 13 Reasons Why staring Katherine Langford that aired 31 Mar 2017. While the entire series is built around the suicide of her character, the finale was strongly criticized for the graphic depiction of her suicide. Unfortunately, the show has also been linked to a rise in teen suicide rates due to its popularity and focus on the subject. It is possible, Disney / Marvel decided late in the game that having her character forgive Tony for sacrificing his own life, even for the greater good, was not a connection they wanted for the film.

Now that I think about it all three major heroic character deaths in Endgame are basically suicides. Tony, Natasha and even Nebula (in a weird time travel way) die by their own hand and decision. Thankfully, Thanos' deaths, both of them, were justified homicide.

I feel a bit like I'm going to be needing more tin-foil.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 06:03 PM   #626
Gothamite
Phoenix

Just re-watched the final battle and paid particular attention to the Captain Marvel and A-Force scenes.

It seems like a lot of bellyaching on this forum revolved around the implausibility of a bunch of women suddenly gathering in one place to provide back-up to Captain Marvel (in addition to insecure males whining about how Marvel Studios was foisting an agenda on everyone).

If you look at the sequence carefully, Danvers had just arrived and destroyed Thanos's big ship. At this point, the entire battle comes to a halt as everyone gapes at the destruction. Even Thanos is stunned.

In a real battle, during a lull like this, forces would re-group and re-assess what needs to be done when the fighting continues. Ranks are re-formed, the wounded are removed, and new strategies are implemented.

This is exactly what happens when Steve Rogers calls Danvers for an "assist". Danvers then goes up to Peter Parker to get the Gauntlet. All the Avengers would've heard this conversation on their comms, at which point the women could've come up with a perfectly reasonable action plan to help Danvers.

Another complaint seems to be that if Danvers really is as powerful as Kevin Feige says, how come she couldn't defeat Thanos? Danvers is almost successful in taking the Gauntlet into Ant-Man's time machine van, though Thanos throws his sword at the van before she can get to it. Later, she very nearly defeats him one-on-one, though she doesn't have the benefit of prior combat experience against Thanos while he was wielding the Gauntlet (whereas Tony Stark did in Endgame).

So, I find all the handwringing in this thread to be unfounded, illogical, and laughable.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 09:15 AM   #627
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

This kneeling scene is interesting as it answers the "what happened to Gamora 2014" question, but I'm glad it was removed. Just seems a little over the top and unnecessary to the larger death of Tony scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0H6GZxve2o
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 01:04 PM   #628
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
This kneeling scene is interesting as it answers the "what happened to Gamora 2014" question, but I'm glad it was removed. Just seems a little over the top and unnecessary to the larger death of Tony scene.

Redundant since they would have to do the funeral anyways.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 06:44 PM   #629
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:

I don’t know. While this may be redundant, it still felt touching for its spontenaity.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 11:31 AM   #630
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Just re-watched the final battle and paid particular attention to the Captain Marvel and A-Force scenes.

It seems like a lot of bellyaching on this forum revolved around the implausibility of a bunch of women suddenly gathering in one place to provide back-up to Captain Marvel (in addition to insecure males whining about how Marvel Studios was foisting an agenda on everyone).

If you look at the sequence carefully, Danvers had just arrived and destroyed Thanos's big ship. At this point, the entire battle comes to a halt as everyone gapes at the destruction. Even Thanos is stunned.

In a real battle, during a lull like this, forces would re-group and re-assess what needs to be done when the fighting continues. Ranks are re-formed, the wounded are removed, and new strategies are implemented.

This is exactly what happens when Steve Rogers calls Danvers for an "assist". Danvers then goes up to Peter Parker to get the Gauntlet. All the Avengers would've heard this conversation on their comms, at which point the women could've come up with a perfectly reasonable action plan to assist Danvers.

Another complaint seems to be that if Danvers really is as powerful as Kevin Feige says, how come she couldn't defeat Thanos? Danvers is almost successful in taking the Gauntlet into Ant-Man's time machine van, though Thanos throws his sword at the van before she can get to it. Later, she very nearly defeats him one-on-one, though she doesn't have the benefit of prior combat experience against Thanos while he was wielding the Gauntlet (whereas Tony Stark did in Endgame).

So, I find all the handwringing in this thread to be unfounded, illogical, and laughable.
I love the final battle scene; from the beginning when here Sam contacting Cap to the end where Thanos turns to dust. My only gripe with the fight is not seeing Nebula fight more. Girl power baby, girl power!
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote