Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 06-04-2021, 09:14 PM   #351
Demona
Martian Manhunter

You said your comment after we were mentioning the pose of the art render versus what was finalized. Not regarding the ass. Or if you meant it wasn’t clear.

Regardless, that is something repeated quite frequently. It’s time to stop trying to pin the blame on Marvel for poor AD decisions by XM. Nobody is giving Sideshow a break when we do the same to them. Companies make moronic choices, XM just seems to make far more of them because they are trying to hard and not understanding the character.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 09:19 PM   #352
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
You said your comment after we were mentioning the pose of the art render versus what was finalized. Not regarding the ass. Or if you meant it wasn’t clear.

Regardless, that is something repeated quite frequently. It’s time to stop trying to pin the blame on Marvel for poor AD decisions by XM. Nobody is giving Sideshow a break when we do the same to them. Companies make moronic choices, XM just seems to make far more of them because they are trying to hard and not understanding the character.
I wouldn't waste your time arguing with him. He's the biggest XM shill on the planet.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 10:44 PM   #353
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I wouldn't waste your time arguing with him. He's the biggest XM shill on the planet.
Is he not an XM social media person? I don't really understand what the roles are for Grumpy or Grphyx for Tweeterhead.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 10:51 PM   #354
Peedi
The Secret Six

It probably goes both ways. A statue company can make a poor decision. But the licensor still has to give approval for the poor decision. A statue failure is a group effort.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 11:33 PM   #355
PacMan3000
The Spirit

Does anyone know if there's been any change in leadership/direction as of late? I feel like their statue choices/concepts as of late aren't quite as audacious as they once were. Or perhaps, their boldness isn't quite as consistent as it once was.
PacMan3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 05:42 AM   #356
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000 View Post
Does anyone know if there's been any change in leadership/direction as of late? I feel like their statue choices/concepts as of late aren't quite as audacious as they once were. Or perhaps, their boldness isn't quite as consistent as it once was.
My personal opinion is they are making more "safe" poses because people used to complain XM was always too busy, too big of a footprint. A lot of "more is less" was the theme I kept seeing.

I've been reading these forums very regularly for a while now, lots of heavy criticism about that, so I think they've been trying to give people what they ask for, just .... they are not hitting the mark with some folks.

Personally I love their new pieces, I think rogue is awesome and beast might be my favorite piece I've seen teased so far. I also have no allegiance to any one company. Admittedly most of my statues are XM because i like those sculpts more but I'll buy whatever I think looks best for the characters that i love and think about price secondary; but everyone is different and has their own priorities on what they want to collect.

If I had one major complaint about this subject, I do wish people would stop being so insulting everytime someone disagrees here on this forum .... Especially with people who are heavy sideshow supporters and vice versa on the SS forum. It's almost like I have to write something and go hide away because I love a statue others think isn't very good, I expect vitotal ... And usually get it. I don't even mention XM in a SS thread anymore, last time that happened someone literally blew up over it. It's a hobbie with lots of different tastes and opinions, it would be nice to live in a world where people respected that, though I'm probably asking for a lot.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 06:46 AM   #357
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post

If they can define the sculpt from the booty, they also intervene in other parts. Does not make a difference if we don´t want to believe it, the companys must work with it.

No one blames Marvel. If a license company would do a statue like SSC Rogue slightly different, Marvel would stop it. Every concept must be approved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Thank you.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 10:14 AM   #358
Lorrcan
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Will we ever get to see the ass on this? I'm considering a preorder, but it seems bizarre to buy a statue when we've not seen the whole thing.
Lorrcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 03:17 AM   #359
Taylor88
Fantastic Four

Who wanted to see rogue's ass?

Taylor88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 01:45 PM   #360
Lorrcan
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor88 View Post
Who wanted to see rogue's ass?

Lorrcan is offline   Reply With Quote