Old 01-21-2017, 01:12 PM   #1281
dino76m
Kindly Asked To Leave

Take.xms advice.. Wait till production pieces are out.lol
dino76m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 01:52 PM   #1282
apellica
The Herculoids

I just got done opening him up and he looks absolutely awesome. The skulls look a little bland on the base, but it doesn't bother me that much as I thought it would.

I really like this piece a lot. It's a keeper for me!
apellica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 02:08 PM   #1283
yipkusing
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino76m View Post
Take.xms advice.. Wait till production pieces are out.lol
This is what I wrote. Gotta stay strong.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9186.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	200.5 KB
ID:	101170  
yipkusing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 07:33 PM   #1284
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

On your picture with an screenshot from the XM Studios Homepage was above another text with an clear explanation from XM Studios.

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 07:52 PM   #1285
gearhead
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vas'rod View Post
The paint app on the base clearly changed... no way around it... it's a disservice to an amazing sculpture...
Couldn't agree more. Sucks that this is my first XM piece and one of my favorite characters that they decided to treat this way. Odd that they would do this on a piece that was so highly regarded when it was shown. The shame is it really wouldn't have taken much more effort to paint it to a point where the difference wouldn't have been noticed by anyone. But there is a difference, and anyone who says it's only the lighting is either blind or on the XM payroll.
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 08:07 PM   #1286
yipkusing
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
Couldn't agree more. Sucks that this is my first XM piece and one of my favorite characters that they decided to treat this way. Odd that they would do this on a piece that was so highly regarded when it was shown. The shame is it really wouldn't have taken much more effort to paint it to a point where the difference wouldn't have been noticed by anyone. But there is a difference, and anyone who says it's only the lighting is either blind or on the XM payroll.
I'm talking to the XM director on fb. Please be aware this holds the highest price tag on XM website. 1.5sgd. Please also note before they blamed on lighting now they said it's a corporate decision.
yipkusing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 08:08 PM   #1287
gearhead
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by apellica View Post
I just got done opening him up and he looks absolutely awesome. The skulls look a little bland on the base, but it doesn't bother me that much as I thought it would.

I really like this piece a lot. It's a keeper for me!
I also couldn't agree more with this.

If my posts on this statue seem conflicted, it's because they are. On one hand I absolutely love this statue. I have no doubt it's the greatest Darkness statue we'll ever see. I'm glad I bought it, I'd buy it again even with the base as it is, and I'm proud to own it. I'd advise anyone would has it on order to wait and judge for yourselves and not get worked up over the base. At the same time I'm annoyed that they chose to cut corners and took this statue from an 11 to a 9+.

XM is perceived by many as a cut above the rest. They have embraced and profited from this reputation over the last few years. So they need to be held to their own standards. Let's praise them when they're great but not be afraid to call them out when they're not.

I also think they should really think about updating their website once and a while. And they really need to take a page from Sideshow's playbook and post professional production photos as soon as they're available.
Old 01-21-2017, 08:19 PM   #1288
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by yipkusing View Post
..... now they said it's a corporate decision.
And that´s true.
Old 01-21-2017, 08:45 PM   #1289
gearhead
The Herculoids

Yeah, a corporate decision to save money. I'm not buying that explanation. First, it's not just the skulls. There's lots of color and detail missing from the skulls, roots, and snake bodies. Basically the whole base. Second, who complained about the lighter skulls? The only complaining I ever saw on here was after it started showing up in videos at cons and in people's hands with the current paint scheme.

Own your mistake XM. Learn from it. You did it, we noticed. Don't do it to us again. Your reputation is on the line.
Old 01-21-2017, 08:54 PM   #1290
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
Yeah, a corporate decision to save money. I'm not buying that explanation. First, it's not just the skulls. There's lots of color and detail missing from the skulls, roots, and snake bodies. Basically the whole base. Second, who complained about the lighter skulls? The only complaining I ever saw on here was after it started showing up in videos at cons and in people's hands with the current paint scheme.

Own your mistake XM. Learn from it. You did it, we noticed. Don't do it to us again. Your reputation is on the line.
XM Studios wanted to safe money, because they changed the coloring a little bit brighter?

It was a corporate decision and no mistake. There is no point to call someone liar.