Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 03-30-2022, 07:38 PM   #381
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post
Eh, I also prefer a modern Deathstroke, but with a character that's been around so long different people with different tastes prefer different versions.

I honestly hope FJC and any other fans of the classic Perez design can get a great Deathstroke in that form. You and I might not buy it, but it costs nothing to celebrate a fellow fan's victory and bask in their joy.

We all have characters we really want to see made and to make that happen we have to keep mentioning it in places like the forums or FB. We should really try supporting each other, even if it isn't something you're fond of. Or if it's really something you don't want to see, just scroll on to the next thing and voice support there. No need to tear fellow collectors down, you know?
Are we obligated to blindly support every single suggestion? It's not as if an infinite number of statues will get made. And probably far fewer than could be made if things stick too closely to the Satellite-era JLA.

I've scrolled past dozens of these by now, but the Perez Deathstroke dead horse has been beaten to the point that it's positively atomized. This isn't the Super Powers line anymore, so not sure a very dated, very 1980s design is the way to go. Certainly doesn't match the 2.0 aesthetic. And of all the posts to get negativity-policed, I'm surprised you picked one this mild.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 01:58 PM   #382
AlexLothos

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
Are we obligated to blindly support every single suggestion? It's not as if an infinite number of statues will get made. And probably far fewer than could be made if things stick too closely to the Satellite-era JLA.

I've scrolled past dozens of these by now, but the Perez Deathstroke dead horse has been beaten to the point that it's positively atomized. This isn't the Super Powers line anymore, so not sure a very dated, very 1980s design is the way to go. Certainly doesn't match the 2.0 aesthetic. And of all the posts to get negativity-policed, I'm surprised you picked one this mild.
Nah, not blindly support everything... none of us have that kinda time. Just toss some goodwill here and there where/when you can. For me, sometimes a fellow collector's passion will move me on a conversation or product I wouldn't otherwise care about at all. Or sometimes a produced piece came out so well that even if I hate or are indifferent to a character, I have to still respect the artistry of what was produced.

I feel you... and because this one was so mild that I figured it would be fine to chime in on. The super crazy and mega negatively charged stuff, I just try to skip out on completely. This seemed to be a place/time where a decent discussion could be had. And my intention wasn't to target or attack you in any way, your comment was just a springboard of general thoughts I had at the moment.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 11:25 PM   #383
saberhagen

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post
Nah, not blindly support everything... none of us have that kinda time. Just toss some goodwill here and there where/when you can. For me, sometimes a fellow collector's passion will move me on a conversation or product I wouldn't otherwise care about at all. Or sometimes a produced piece came out so well that even if I hate or are indifferent to a character, I have to still respect the artistry of what was produced.

I feel you... and because this one was so mild that I figured it would be fine to chime in on. The super crazy and mega negatively charged stuff, I just try to skip out on completely. This seemed to be a place/time where a decent discussion could be had. And my intention wasn't to target or attack you in any way, your comment was just a springboard of general thoughts I had at the moment.
Yeah that's all fair, no worries. I'm all for seeing new stuff that's outside my usual preferences, like John Stewart or Aquaman. Though suggestions can also get so repetitive that they're closer to spam than anything resembling a discussion.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 06:28 AM   #384
Bangkok_wolf
Fantastic Four

Waiting for a local distributor to put her up for PO. Skipped their throne joker because of the price.

This will be my first DC statue but I'll pair it with Hottoys tux Joker (with BTAS headsculpt by tony mei) and InArts Joker - so it'll be a centerpiece. Always wanted Harley in the collection but the ones by SS and HT just didnt do it for me.
Bangkok_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 06:29 AM   #385
Bangkok_wolf
Fantastic Four

Double post.
Bangkok_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 05:59 AM   #386
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Cat View Post
No more redos ....they are done. Honestly it's just wasting time on new things.
Easy to say but EVERYBODY likes redos as long as it?s the character they like. Redos sell.

The last 4 Batman related statues I bought are redos lol.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 06:04 AM   #387
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Something like this?

I?m way more interested in Joker than this Harley but wow they look great together. The themed bases, the poses, the directions they?re facing, the swing of their legs, very well done compliments to each other.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 10:37 PM   #388
DLMEsquire44
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
I?m way more interested in Joker than this Harley but wow they look great together. The themed bases, the poses, the directions they?re facing, the swing of their legs, very well done compliments to each other.
Everyone seems to Love my graphic arrangement idea for Harley & Joker more than the official Tweeterhead photo that had them facing each other... Someone alert Tweeterhead to my genius! I'll accept a small commission.
DLMEsquire44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 10:16 AM   #389
Markhatestoys
Justice League

The blonde swap-out head looks so great that I might pick up a second Harley so I can display both heads all the time.

Anyone else seeing Emma Roberts in the blonde Harley head?
Markhatestoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 11:14 PM   #390
Demona
Martian Manhunter

She looks so damn good in those quick SDCC pics of Batman. Happy to have the 1:6 on order.

TH crushing the DC and MOTU lines.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote