Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-26-2022, 10:18 PM   #781
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANIEL RAND View Post
Great question, after all, that's been the big question around this masterpiece since it was announced. Many are worried about the Captain's final size, I even made some measurements based on the photos and mainly on the information provided by the Sideshow website. But the information on this site is not always accurate.

So if you can help us, I ask you to do two things:

1. With a tape measure in hand, measure the Captain only, from the boot to the top of the head. Apparently, Gem Mint took this measurement in the video and said he found 20 to 20 and a half inches, just the Captain. But I'm not sure if he measured correctly. This measurement should start at the character's boot, at the base of the heel, not under the stone.

2. Please, if you can take a picture showing the portrait (head) of Captain, next to Spiderman's Head, just the two heads on a platform, table, that would be another way to see if the final piece stayed too big or not.
Answers:

1. This was taken at the furthest part of his boot and just the boot. So Gem Mints was pretty much right with the 20"- 20.5" in height.

2. Here is a pic of the two portraits with the most recent Spiderman PF...

I hope that this helps.
IronLungs31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 10:41 PM   #782
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I'll share a few more than I normally do these days...

Old 05-26-2022, 11:09 PM   #783
AC_808
Hercules

How is this for a surprise. I missed the email from SSC that my order was going to be processing. It got buried in my inbox. Next thing you know, I get an email that it was getting delivered.

Lo and behold, my Captain America PF is here! Will open it in the next 2 days.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 11:20 PM   #784
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronLungs31 View Post
I'll share a few more than I normally do these days...

Great pics(keep?em coming!), great sculpt, great collecting times(provided this level continues), I?m betting it will.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 11:44 PM   #785
pau123
Sailor Moon

Pose reminds me a bit of Flash. Nevertheless looks superb this one.
pau123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 11:50 PM   #786
IronLungs31

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
How is this for a surprise. I missed the email from SSC that my order was going to be processing. It got buried in my inbox. Next thing you know, I get an email that it was getting delivered.

Lo and behold, my Captain America PF is here! Will open it in the next 2 days.
It's a nice piece and I think nice quality.
Old 05-26-2022, 11:51 PM   #787
IronLungs31

Quote:
Originally Posted by pau123 View Post
Juggernaut too.
Old 05-27-2022, 11:03 AM   #788
DANIEL RAND
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronLungs31 View Post
Answers:

1. This was taken at the furthest part of his boot and just the boot. So Gem Mints was pretty much right with the 20"- 20.5" in height.

2. Here is a pic of the two portraits with the most recent Spiderman PF...

I hope that this helps.
Thank you again. Your help was very important.

Even if the Gem Mint reported the correct size of the sculpture, nothing better than two assessments, two diagnoses, two precise observations on the same sculpture.

So, as I promised, I come here to rectify the proportions of Captain XM in relation to this new Captain SS.

As I wrote a few pages back, Canale often makes his sculptures larger than the official sizes listed in the comic book character files. It's not what he does
the character on a scale of 1:3.5 or nothing like that, it just raises the character's height a few inches from what that character would be if it existed in the real world.

In this particular case, for example, he increased the size of the Captain by an inch and a half to the official 1:4 scale size.

Below, the height of Steve Rogers, according to the Marvel Comics database, and next, the height of Captain by Martin Canale.

He used the same strategy when sculpting the Batman Premium Format. The official height of Batman, coincidentally, is the same as Captain America, 6'2'', but Mister Canale made the Bat 6'8''. Apparently, he enjoys seeing heroes with an imposing and intimidating height.
DANIEL RAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 11:20 AM   #789
DANIEL RAND
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by pau123 View Post
Quote:
Juggernaut too.

DANIEL RAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 11:34 AM   #790
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Wow that's very much exactly like juggernaut! Also interesting about the scaling "issue", if you want to call it that.

Honestly these sorts of things never bother me but I'm surprised more folks aren't up in arms

Side note; Still think this is the best comic based cap on the market, it's awesome.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote