Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-04-2022, 09:02 PM   #11491
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
I don't understand why they use the Streamyard lotto system for points. Why not just use the lotto wheel they always use, but set it for 1 person.
I'm pretty sure Alex did it that way to reward those who were actually participating and not just logged into Crowdpurr via a code group notification. Still sucks that he didn't throw out a $1 bone to everyone.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 09:03 PM   #11492
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
I'm pretty sure Alex did it that way to reward those who were actually participating and not just logged into Crowdpurr via a code group notification.
And non US residents are of course of no importance to them.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 11:31 PM   #11493
coolbear
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
After all only US residents buy from Sideshow, so screw international customers! Yay!
coolbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 02:20 AM   #11494
SickleClaw
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos49698 View Post
Look like the lottery train has made it's last stop. Truly the Dark-side has won.
That honestly sucks. It seems like now it'll be impossible to get rewards unless you are lucky eough to be in top three or actually make a purchase.
SickleClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 03:54 AM   #11495
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Last year you could almost get 2x Hot Toys figures (low end) in rewards. This year we’ll be lucky to get one.

…. Which isn’t too bad when you stop and think about it.
Old 05-05-2022, 06:22 AM   #11496
SDguy

Quote:
Have you confirmed this w/SS specifically for RP? So, what, if they picked and called your name (because you did the whole "I agree" thing), and you emailed sideshow social to collect, they'd say, no, sorry, we can't electronically drop RP into your account?
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 06:59 AM   #11497
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Have you confirmed this w/SS specifically for RP? So, what, if they picked and called your name (because you did the whole "I agree" thing), and you emailed sideshow social to collect, they'd say, no, sorry, we can't electronically drop RP into your account?
I haven't personally, but we've all heard Alex saying it was only for US residents time and again.

Though in practice it's probably only the physical goods that that won't be rewarded.

When they first started using this method, whenever it was for rewards they would open it for everyone, and it was only the goods that were restricted. Sometimes they used different hashtags. But now it seems they only use the one hashtag, and they always mention the rules and restrictions.
Old 05-05-2022, 09:04 AM   #11498
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Last year you could almost get 2x Hot Toys figures (low end) in rewards. This year we?ll be lucky to get one.

?. Which isn?t too bad when you stop and think about it.
I used my RPs from last year and a few from earlier this year to get just that. 2 HT figures. Bo-Katan and Chrome Mando w/Grogu.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 02:13 PM   #11499
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
I haven't personally, but we've all heard Alex saying it was only for US residents time and again.

Though in practice it's probably only the physical goods that that won't be rewarded.
Yeah, in practice I suspect it doesn't matter for RPs...either way, I'm not sure how they would tell aside from looking at the mailing address from a person's account, but they wouldn't need to do that if they're just applying RPs, so I doubt RPs via Streamyard giveaways would be denied if one is outside the US. You should just win one of them so we can test this theory
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 10:10 AM   #11500
HBK83
The Avengers

I might be late to the party. But did they change the max amount of rewards you can use ?
I had about $200 reward points. But last week I purchased an item and it would only let me use a max $75 reward points. It wouldn?t let me use more than that. It wasn?t overly expensive so I just paid but you can?t flat out use all your rewards anymore ??
HBK83 is offline   Reply With Quote