Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 05-23-2022, 12:07 PM   #101
NotGwen
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilsensine View Post
That answers your question, friend. I was a part of GoT watch parties and related geeky superfan stuff. Knew about 10 people who were super into it. After the last season, not a one of them ever wanted to speak of it again. Most of them sold their merch. We were all ready to do a marathon binge of the whole thing but after the last season never rewatched a single season. Absolutely no one I know wants any reminders of it. GoT is the biggest fall from grace and biggest missed opportunity in the history of television. So, yeah, look around--there's very little new being made for GoT, so things like are surprising and definitely outliers.

Now if the new show is good, maybe that will spawn some good IP, sure. That will largely be in spite of, and not owing to, GoT.
I still don't see how it's surprising lol. ThreeZero is still producing 1:6 figures, P1 still has Jon Snow and the Night King coming, and possibly more, and Queen Studios recently announced a Daenerys 1:6 figure as part of their new InArt line. Seems like any company who has the license is still producing.

Sure that last season wasn't good, but seems like many, including myself, can still appreciate and still adore the show without being miserable thinking about the ending.
NotGwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 01:20 PM   #102
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

The ending could have been a lot better, but I agree it's still worth companies' efforts in producing statues and figures, as the ending doesn't erase what came before
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 01:21 PM   #103
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
The ending could have been a lot better, but I agree it's still worth companies' efforts in producing statues and figures, as the ending doesn't erase what came before
For sure. Heck, there were 8 seasons. Lots of good stuff there.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 01:26 PM   #104
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

I liked the final season, had some great scenes. My main complaint is it was too rushed and condensed, it really needed a few more episodes to let things develop and breathe. I am curious as to how well GoT items are selling for these companies.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 03:12 PM   #105
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

A lot of people have the attitude that since they weren't happy with the last season, the entire show shouldn't exist. It's immature, but that's the world we're living in now. People can't handle not getting things the way they want so they have to burn it all down so no one else can enjoy it either. Unfortunately, I don't see that changing any time soon.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 03:26 PM   #106
Silverine
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
A lot of people have the attitude that since they weren't happy with the last season, the entire show shouldn't exist. It's immature, but that's the world we're living in now. People can't handle not getting things the way they want so they have to burn it all down so no one else can enjoy it either. Unfortunately, I don't see that changing any time soon.
Yeah a lot are just mad a certain character died, though that was always the plan according to the actual writer! That said I agree my only complaint is the rushed pace if two more season were made for it, I am sure it would all have made sense

Now back to should this bust be made? I have not bought a single statue the last 2 years? Ever since this was announced YOU GOD DAMN RIGHT this one needs to be made!
Silverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 04:58 PM   #107
lighterheaven
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

the saddest thing is that they messed up on the final, climax season.. the ending. The final arc of the characters development.. so many people think all the journey, the seasons, came to nothing in the end. Just bitter, and not a good one.. as they have done bitter final episodes but in a good way on previous seasons.

If they screwed the 7th season and came back powerful in the last one, this situation will never happen.
lighterheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 06:35 PM   #108
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighterheaven View Post
the saddest thing is that they messed up on the final, climax season.. the ending. The final arc of the characters development.. so many people think all the journey, the seasons, came to nothing in the end. Just bitter, and not a good one.. as they have done bitter final episodes but in a good way on previous seasons.

If they screwed the 7th season and came back powerful in the last one, this situation will never happen.
That's true, the ending is always the most important part of a story, and this show more than any deserved a good one.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 12:07 PM   #109
ilsensine
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighterheaven View Post

Winner.
ilsensine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 02:03 PM   #110
Majikaru
Doh!

Despite all the hate of the finale, the first 6 seasons were some of the most entertained I have been in any tv or movie. There are only 2-3 other shows I can think of that has given me the same excitement and my complete attention. 45 minutes of GoT felt like 20.
Majikaru is offline   Reply With Quote