Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 07-23-2021, 07:49 PM   #21
Gerard
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Woke and SJW garbage !!!
Gerard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 08:01 PM   #22
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
Ohhh, yeah, I caught all that, so I didnt miss anything. I just didnt feel they were trying to hide it as much as you feel I suppose. I actually thought it was a clever thing the writers did. They left it so ambiguous and unassuming, yet with subtle hints that if you're in the Teela is a lesbian and this is her g/f camp, sure, why not? There were things there that could support your reasoning. If you are in the Teela was and still is in love with He-Man camp, well, there was a lot there to support that rhetoric as well. They were very sly with leaving it open for everyone to kind of take their favored scenario and live it. Of course it will lead to fighting on the internet because its the internet. But Evil Lyn's "You're still holding onto something could have meant a secret relationship or a secret crush on him. Could work either way.

Marlena all but reveals she knows Adam's secret in the Filmation cartoon too. When he asks her a question regarding being rescued and how she knew she'd be saved, she says slyly "A mother always knows her son." She knew the whole time. Agreed on Randor and Orko. Much preferred Randor in the MYP series.
True. At another time and with another franchise, I'd be happy with the subtle nods in this show. We've had these nods for decades and it was fine. Only recently certain sides of the fandom has complained and denied and twisted things so much that I'm tired of the subtext and at this point I'm ready for it to be spoken plainly so all the cards will be blatantly on the table. Sure, that won't solve all of the discord in the groups and subsets of the fandom, but oy.

For Marlena, a similar thing... it was only strongly implied, so it was another simple thing was blown out of proportion and contested and debated and... I'm so exhausted. When did fandom go from being fun to combative?

(I know the Star Wars fans are all like...)

But yeah, I'm glad they made the Marlena part actual text right there... open and shut, boom lol.

Quote:
I agree I like the cult aspect as well. It really kind of picks up flavor from the MYP where Tri-Clops was always a bit of loner, even when he was with the Snake Mountain crew. I dont know how I feel about Trapjaw being a part of it though. He was always one of Skeletor's OG henchmen with Beastman and Lyn.
This fit for me because Trap-Jaw is a cyborg, so he fits in the cult's 'man-and-machine' mantra.

Quote:
As for Andra. I think her age was a tool to be used to push certain aspects of the stories. Like Teela regaling her with past stories of He-Man like the Snake Mountain rescue or the pirate ship flashbacks. Andra being so young would know of He-Man's legend, but wouldnt really know more about him other than that. She was a good outlet for Teela to recall on fond memories. It serves multiple purposes in and out of the story. In the story it gives Teela a healthy outlet to mourn and heal with retelling what she fondly remembers. It gives us, the audience, an opportunity to actually engage with who the show is supposed to be about. Her youth was also a convenient way to have the champions of Grayskull held in an almost godlike light. She'd only known them through stories so to her, they were one and the same as He-Man. Kind of relays to the audience that all of the champions were as important in their own time.
Yeah, I agree on all this as well and was cool with what they did. This one wasn't much of a gripe for me, just a slight unexpected surprise. I learned too much about the other versions of Andra too close to seeing this, so I let those expectations carry over.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 08:07 PM   #23
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

OK I actually liked this series but Andra seemed like she was a Jackie Briggs rip off from Mortal Kombat but she was cool. I felt like they wasted Trapjaw and Tri-clops tho.
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 12:57 AM   #24
Blade3327
Nightwing

Refreshing to see people here who clearly watched the show instead of a hot take on YouTube. Having that said, here's a lukewarm take: Andra is a better Teela than Teela in this.

I'm fairly certain Teela will become the new sorceress and Adam/He-Man will either return or become the new king, so I'm good with where we're headed for now.

My only gripes are Teela's and Skelegod's character designs. The former feels like every 2010s-era female rebel character (seriously, that hairdo is going to age the show like crazy) and the latter is... too silly for my taste, surprisingly. I know this is all goofy kids' stuff, but I would've liked Skelegod to be little more elegant. Just feels like a clumsy design.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 06:02 AM   #25
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

https://youtu.be/8q_AUiE307o
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 07:32 AM   #26
BillyCurly
Dreams of Youth are the Regrets of Maturity
Adamantium Plus Member

I watched it, and while it definitely rocked in the animation and voice acting, and music was surprisingly more ...........EPIC like for a cartoon. It DID have some things in it I wanted to see my whole life, but .. BUT the whole WOKE thing was done to it, race swapping, all females are NOT FEMALES, Teela is a Lesbian on STERIODS and has a very HOMELY face and always looks ticked off. Her Girlfriend is black, who was just a white friend in the comics and they say stuff like " I AM THE BRAINS SHE IS THE BRAUN". Many more intimate things said to suggest they are ..........PARTNERS. Teela sports the stereotypical Hair cut that is seen mostly on Lesbians and some feminine gay men. Adam is the most feminine out of the whole series of characters, they made him basically a girl, not even close to joking. All the MEN are side characters, again, NOT JOKING, I can confirm this is ALL TEELA SHOW!!!!

There is many other WOKE things they did, that made me cry a little in side to myself because of the world we now live in. Just like after 105 years, they have disgracefully announced that Cleveland Indians is changing their name to Cleveland Guardians. The natives Indians who this great ball club is named after are not the ones pushing for this, most are SOOO PROUD that they are represented on a big baseball team. What's next, the Chicago Blackhawks. Can you imagine. Its this thinking of WOKE mentality that is ALL OVER THIS SHOW , same was done to Star Trek, Star Wars and a couple others lately and now HE-MAN is not even the star of his own show!

I am not giving spoilers away, just facts. The Rainbow transformation with no lightning effects is so poorly executed and makes filmations transformation EPIC in comparison right down to the voice. He says BY THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL with such soft voice and NO passion at all in it. Its like the actor said HOW CAN I MAKE THIS AS LAME AS POSSIBLE. JOHN ERWIN will go down in MOTU history as the one and only amazing HEMAN and ADAM voice.

I dont want to keep going , I just saw there is a new thread for this. So while I will hold FILMATION dear to my heart and my favorite, the 200x had everything done right, and the story telling was so good but it was still HEMAN show with everyone getting good coverage. Its a shame that 3rd season didnt make it as it was JUST getting to hordak.

Despite all this, WATCH IT, judge it for yourself. The hard cores are going to HATE IT all day long, everyone else may actually enjoy it for what it is, but I will say after all the WOKE BS put into this, especially the race swapping and Lesbians' on steroids', WOMAN POWER all the way, MEN are secondary totally, there will be no second season. You will see the next 5 episodes and that will be it because of all the back lash NETFLIX will get and for Kevin Smith out right lying to our faces for nearly 2 years and dragging some people threw the mud just because they were right. This COULD have been the HEMAN show of all time, and now its sadly a missed opportunity do to WOKENESS! When are people going to wake up for REAL and not this crap were all having to put up with, because the second you complain about it or disagree with the narrative that is put out, then your accused of being a racist, or sexist or bigot when nothing of the sort is the case in most instances.

I ENJOYED the show, but I hated it TOO at the same time if that makes any sense. Bottom line, they left with big cliff hanger so I will be watching the next 5, but I believe ONCE again Mattel has managed to screw up MOTU and it fails before it begins. The only reason the CLUB GRAYSKULL TOYS and ORIGINALS LINE did so well was fan boy ADULTS like me that are around 43 ish that grew up on these toys and cartoon single handedly demanded the product and paid for the overpriced toys for an amazing 11 run. If you give the fans what they want they will come back again and again. To bad they cant figure this out for the mass audience on shows and a movie that has been in development hell for 20 years.

GOD I would hate to see a movie now with all this woke crap going on. It would likely fail and they are trying too hard to change what was not broken to begin with. But after this show, dont expect another show to happen for US adult fans for probably another 15 years on average. Sorry for long write up, but I put to rest some of the things that people were wondering from a true MOTU fan and not Kevin Smith or some critic. PEACE , and watch it, it at least deserves a watch friends.
BillyCurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 08:45 AM   #27
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

BillyCurly, I agree with you unfortunately, I see in the origins figures they are gonna make a Sun man, which was made in the 80's so Black kids could have their own hero, and I think he's awesome (way better than clamp champ), no need to try to change history, and making Teela a implied lesbian with a black girlfriend is ridiculous, imagine the Woke white liberal outrage if Todd Mcfarlane changed Spawn to white and gay and made Wanda the badass and Spawn a dumbo
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 08:50 AM   #28
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Hopefully the show goes away quickly and He man continues on strong with figures and great statues from tweeterhead
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 11:06 AM   #29
Cobrettinick
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyCurly View Post
I watched it, and while it definitely rocked in the animation and voice acting, and music was surprisingly more ...........EPIC like for a cartoon. It DID have some things in it I wanted to see my whole life, but .. BUT the whole WOKE thing was done to it, race swapping, all females are NOT FEMALES, Teela is a Lesbian on STERIODS and has a very HOMELY face and always looks ticked off. Her Girlfriend is black, who was just a white friend in the comics and they say stuff like " I AM THE BRAINS SHE IS THE BRAUN". Many more intimate things said to suggest they are ..........PARTNERS. Teela sports the stereotypical Hair cut that is seen mostly on Lesbians and some feminine gay men. Adam is the most feminine out of the whole series of characters, they made him basically a girl, not even close to joking. All the MEN are side characters, again, NOT JOKING, I can confirm this is ALL TEELA SHOW!!!!

There is many other WOKE things they did, that made me cry a little in side to myself because of the world we now live in. Just like after 105 years, they have disgracefully announced that Cleveland Indians is changing their name to Cleveland Guardians. The natives Indians who this great ball club is named after are not the ones pushing for this, most are SOOO PROUD that they are represented on a big baseball team. What's next, the Chicago Blackhawks. Can you imagine. Its this thinking of WOKE mentality that is ALL OVER THIS SHOW , same was done to Star Trek, Star Wars and a couple others lately and now HE-MAN is not even the star of his own show!

I am not giving spoilers away, just facts. The Rainbow transformation with no lightning effects is so poorly executed and makes filmations transformation EPIC in comparison right down to the voice. He says BY THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL with such soft voice and NO passion at all in it. Its like the actor said HOW CAN I MAKE THIS AS LAME AS POSSIBLE. JOHN ERWIN will go down in MOTU history as the one and only amazing HEMAN and ADAM voice.

I dont want to keep going , I just saw there is a new thread for this. So while I will hold FILMATION dear to my heart and my favorite, the 200x had everything done right, and the story telling was so good but it was still HEMAN show with everyone getting good coverage. Its a shame that 3rd season didnt make it as it was JUST getting to hordak.

Despite all this, WATCH IT, judge it for yourself. The hard cores are going to HATE IT all day long, everyone else may actually enjoy it for what it is, but I will say after all the WOKE BS put into this, especially the race swapping and Lesbians' on steroids', WOMAN POWER all the way, MEN are secondary totally, there will be no second season. You will see the next 5 episodes and that will be it because of all the back lash NETFLIX will get and for Kevin Smith out right lying to our faces for nearly 2 years and dragging some people threw the mud just because they were right. This COULD have been the HEMAN show of all time, and now its sadly a missed opportunity do to WOKENESS! When are people going to wake up for REAL and not this crap were all having to put up with, because the second you complain about it or disagree with the narrative that is put out, then your accused of being a racist, or sexist or bigot when nothing of the sort is the case in most instances.

I ENJOYED the show, but I hated it TOO at the same time if that makes any sense. Bottom line, they left with big cliff hanger so I will be watching the next 5, but I believe ONCE again Mattel has managed to screw up MOTU and it fails before it begins. The only reason the CLUB GRAYSKULL TOYS and ORIGINALS LINE did so well was fan boy ADULTS like me that are around 43 ish that grew up on these toys and cartoon single handedly demanded the product and paid for the overpriced toys for an amazing 11 run. If you give the fans what they want they will come back again and again. To bad they cant figure this out for the mass audience on shows and a movie that has been in development hell for 20 years.

GOD I would hate to see a movie now with all this woke crap going on. It would likely fail and they are trying too hard to change what was not broken to begin with. But after this show, dont expect another show to happen for US adult fans for probably another 15 years on average. Sorry for long write up, but I put to rest some of the things that people were wondering from a true MOTU fan and not Kevin Smith or some critic. PEACE , and watch it, it at least deserves a watch friends.
I agree, watched all five. Hated what they did to Adam/he-man. Netflix is supposed to do Conan and now I'm thinking they will ruin it like they did here.
Cobrettinick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 11:16 AM   #30
Cobrettinick
Doh!

Watched the whole show last night. Unfortunately it should be called Tee-la and the masters of universe. Not impressed at all. How could they do he-man like that.
Cobrettinick is offline   Reply With Quote